Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 11-02-2023, 05:39 PM

18,739 posts, read 7,610,204 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by beach43ofus View Post
...and the Dem Mayors are begging DC for $5B to house the illegals,
This was a typo, right?

You meant to say, $5M, like million, didn't you? Or even $500M?

The entire population of Washington DC was 712,816 in 2020. I doubt it's much higher than that now. I mean, who on earth would want to go there?

Divide B by A, that's more than $7,000 spent by each man, woman, and child. Or for a more realistic view, around $20,000 per taxpayer.

And that's before they pay for rent, food, school, transportation, heating the house, the usual taxes and fees, etc.

And just for the illegal aliens?

It flatly cannot be done by normal human beings.

Please tell me it was a typo. Please.

Old 11-02-2023, 05:43 PM

9,375 posts, read 6,977,761 times
They are still going to win in 2024 which is a death nail for our liberty.

Old 11-03-2023, 05:17 AM

25,736 posts, read 12,815,111 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SAN_Man View Post
Hey Liberals, look at what all those high taxes, brought to you by the Democrats got you...

An open border, humanitarian crisis, surging crime, massive budget deficits from excessive spending (not a revenue problem) that brought in raging inflation along with the fastest rise of interest rates in history - making us all much poorer.

Notice how Joe easily sends HUNDREDS of BILLIONS towards war (and asking for another $106 BILLION), but can't seem to find the money to fix our infrastructure here (that would include the Southern Border WALL).
Liberals are unsaveable. Fortunately, they only make up 22-25% of us (depending upon survey).

Republicans are going to vote Republican (98% of them imho), & they already agree with you.

The Democrat Tent collapsing is causing some Independents to leave them, & some moderate Dems too.

"Leaving them" might mean they don't vote for President, because they hate both choices, but that helps us.

Some will go all-in Republican...especially if Biden's still in it. I've been predicting the DNC will ditch Joe (by 2-3-24).

If they trot out more White Male Millionaires (Newsom & Phillips), I don't know if the Dems can rebuild their tent, or not.

Old 11-03-2023, 05:23 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SWFL_Native View Post
They are still going to win in 2024 which is a death nail for our liberty.
Did you know that several key States strengthened their election laws since the last elections?

Many States weakened them to allow more people to vote remotely during covid.

Many of those states have changed theri laws back to pre-covid status.

If you believe the Dems cheated in 2020, enough to change outcomes, it will be much harder to do so in 2024.

https://www.politico.com/news/2023/1...-2024-00124734

Old 11-03-2023, 05:27 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roboteer View Post
This was a typo, right?

The entire population of Washington DC was 712,816 in 2020. I doubt it's much higher than that now. I mean, who on earth would want to go there?

Divide B by A, that's more than $7,000 spent by each man, woman, and child. Or for a more realistic view, around $20,000 per taxpayer.

And that's before they pay for rent, food, school, transportation, heating the house, the usual taxes and fees, etc.

I may not have been clear enough. Mayors from 5 major cities requested a total of $5B from the feds in DC.

Maors from Chicago, Denver, LA, Houston, & NY have asked for $5B collectively.

https://apnews.com/article/migrants-...f653969f3f7a7a

Old 11-03-2023, 05:31 AM

59,054 posts, read 27,306,837 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bobdreamz View Post
You are funny with your delusional scenarios mean while the DEMS are watching :

The GOP couldn't Elect a HOUSE SPEAKER

The GOP is running TRUMP who never WON the POPULAR Vote and is facing many Criminal charges

STOP worrying about the DEMS except for the fact that they are UNITED unlike the GOP.
"The GOP couldn't Elect a HOUSE SPEAKER",

Try to keep up, They DID!
  1. https://www.nytimes.com › 2023 › 10 › 25 › us › politics › house-republicans-speaker-vote-johnson.html

House Elects Mike Johnson as Speaker, Ending Three Weeks of Chaos - The ...

Oct 25, 2023Kenny Holston/The New York Times. Representative Mike Johnson of Louisiana won election on Wednesday to become the 56th speaker of the House of Representatives, as Republicans worn down by three ..."

"

Old 11-03-2023, 05:33 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SunGrins View Post
And where, precisely, do you think these groups will go? Certainly not to the GOP. They will do what the various Democrat factions have almost always done -- work for change inside the party. That is why and how a political party lasts for 200 years. The GOP is exclusive and does not have the resilience and flexibility to welcome new groups of "others" who do not fit their prescribed racial, religious, and rightist profile. It has an operating model that resists and expels anything but the strict party line.
Denying that former Dem voters are leaving the Dem party can be an opinion, but it's not what voters are telling the media.

-Some will stay home, and not vote.

-Some will vote only for offices & issues they want to vote for. Many will skip President completely.

-Some will move over to the Republican party.

-Some will vote for 3rd party candidates.

-Some will write-in theri own choices.

Old 11-03-2023, 05:50 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by hotkarl View Post
Yeah but the republicans and Trump…
The Presidential race is not the only race/issue on the ballots. The collapsing tent has more far reaching implications.

At this point, Trump is only 1 of several Republicans in the Primary.

Trump could lose the Presidency, but Pubs could grow their lead in the House, & retake the Senate. The Pubs already have the SCOTUS & most Statehouses.

That likely outcome would shatter any hopes the dems have of doing any more harm to the economy, foreign affairs, and our Southern border.

If Libs are fixated on Trump, they could be in for a bigger picture shock of their lives...a lame Duck Dem Prez from day 1 being shoved around by Congress, the SCOTUS, & States.

Old 11-03-2023, 05:51 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bobdreamz View Post
#1: Open Border ( I thought MEXICO was going to pay for that WALL TRUMP Promised you...another LIE)

#2: Surging crime? Where? Most US Cities have reported record low Violent crime rates

#3: $1.7 Trillion dollar Deficit : TRUMP had a GOP Congress and did they do anything about the deficit? NO!
They gave themselves another TAX CUT for the Wealthy that added about 25% to the Current DEFICIT!
REPUBLICANS have no Room to speak about being "Fiscal" Conservatives anymore!

#4: INFLATION: We live in a Global Economy...Who sets the price of GAS? BIDEN or our "friendly" ARAB STATES?

#5: STOCK MARKET...Too funny but I've been GOOD since 1993...NEXT!

#6: Emboldened Enemies: Who are you speaking of?
When you make claims, you HAVE TO BACK THEM UP!

I won't hold my breathe!

Last edited by Quick Enough; 11-03-2023 at 06:25 AM..

Old 11-03-2023, 05:59 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roboteer View Post
This was a typo, right?

"You meant to say, $5M, like million, didn't you?"

"Please tell me it was a typo. Please"

Sorry to burst your bubble!

Some libs can't handle the truth!

"News
Biden skips summit with Democratic mayors seeking $5B for migrant crisis

By Steven Nelson

Published Nov. 2, 2023, 6:53 p.m. ET"

You don't know because the left media will NOT say it.

What say you now?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.