Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-07-2024, 09:36 AM

18,110 posts, read 15,690,551 times

Advertisements

With DeSantis ready to throw in the towel, no one has to watch any screeching or hollering from any political side, and I hope people will at least occasionally give themselves a break from all of it and go out and have some fun. Or, stay inside, listen to some music, warm up by a crackling fire, read a good novel, watch some sports, or hang out with loved ones, instead. Politics will always be there.

Other than voting and encouraging eligible others to vote in every election, there's not much an individual has to do. Doesn't require even deciding who to vote for until the final candidates are on the ballot.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-07-2024, 09:38 AM

14,968 posts, read 9,821,720 times
Most recent 1-5-24 interview doesn't support the notion Governor DeSantis will drop out. He addresses this around the 7 min mark.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qK0pKPyH8nA

Old 01-07-2024, 10:29 AM

10,479 posts, read 4,048,994 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JenaS62 View Post
Good. I hope that he does endorse Trump. If it weren’t for Trump, he would not be where he is now. I remember the GOP primary in 2018 and I voted for a guy named Putnam but DeSantis ending up winning and then Trump got him over the finish line in the general.
Agreed. Except I am an NPA so had no say in the primaries, but had no problems voting for him both terms. And thank GOD he won the first one. Andrew Gillium would have been a nightmare.

Old 01-07-2024, 10:31 AM

11,502 posts, read 6,021,967 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rocko20 View Post
https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...president.html

I tried to warn DeSantis fans that Trump has never lost to any GOP candidate. Another one bites the dust.

So you are saying that Ron DeSantis is smart and wise enough to avoid losing in the Primary election. This is just another reason to like and respect DeSantis. He doesn't do stupid things just to indulge his ego.

Old 01-07-2024, 10:55 AM

32,816 posts, read 19,496,494 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rocko20 View Post
https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...president.html

I tried to warn DeSantis fans that Trump has never lost to any GOP candidate. Another one bites the dust.
one it will be after Iowa.... so NOT next week

two, it will be if he loses (loses not defined) Iowa...... If he comes in a lose second or third, not really a loss

so depending on Ronny himself, this could all be BS

Old 01-07-2024, 11:33 AM

21,151 posts, read 19,736,448 times
Too bad he squandered a golden opportunity to be Trump's running mate and shoe-in for 2028 and 2032. I had high hopes for him.

Old 01-07-2024, 12:17 PM

6,035 posts, read 2,854,310 times
Though just a claim, that’s sad to hear. He’s a better candidate than Mr. Trump. Why, you might ask? He shares the good Trump policies without sharing the bad ones. Governor DeSantis shines where Mr. Trump falters, personality and policy wise. Mr. Trump wants to deal with Democrats on abortion. Governor DeSantis wants it left to the states. Mr. Trump has yet to show any humility and admit he made mistakes with the pandemic. Governor DeSantis has, by signing bills into law that never let the state of Florida lock down their citizens again. And we haven’t heard anything from Mr. Trump about reducing spending and debt, because his record is the exact opposite.

Unfortunately, too many good people either ignore, dismiss, or excuse these legitimate criticisms because they’re in love with Mr. Trump, the man. That’s the only way I can think of to explain it. It’s exactly like many Democrats were in love with Mr. Obama in 2008. And I understand it. I was once like that about Mr. Trump. But once the veil’s been lifted, it’s hard to go back. He’s flawed, like the rest of us. But his gigantic ego is his own worst enemy. I can hardly stand to listen to him, at this point.

And he hands them things to attack him with or charge him with on a silver platter. Then you hear “look at me. They’re attacking me”. Of course they are! They’re your political opponents. Stop giving them things to attack you with. When I first supported him in June of 2015, I thought he was smarter than this. Unless he’s doing this on purpose, to give some of his supporters what they want to see. But it turns off a lot of people, too. Myself included. Is he playing the victim card? While the media was nasty towards him, he wasn’t exactly innocent of everything.

Old 01-07-2024, 12:48 PM

4,548 posts, read 2,274,607 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Retroit View Post
Too bad he squandered a golden opportunity to be Trump's running mate and shoe-in for 2028 and 2032. I had high hopes for him.
I would have totally supported that. Whoever his advisors are should have been fired. He could have been president in 4 years without even trying.

Old 01-07-2024, 01:05 PM

620 posts, read 312,702 times
His presidential ambition is pretty much over.. His whole campaign was an embarrassment.

Old 01-07-2024, 01:51 PM

18,110 posts, read 15,690,551 times
He can try again in 2028 and 2032. He's got plenty of years left before he's considered too old.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies