Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-08-2024, 10:11 AM

52,708 posts, read 34,531,096 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Finn_Jarber View Post
Compared to Trump and Biden? Yes, I agree, but Nikki Haley is better than DeSantis.
no. haley is lame.

desantis >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> trump >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> haley >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>bid en
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-08-2024, 10:14 AM

76,975 posts, read 47,604,577 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by uggabugga View Post
no. haley is lame.
Sure, Trump and DeSantis fans keep telling me that, and they add that she'll start a war, etc, but no one can explain why they say that, but since they all say the same thing, I can only assume they are repeating a narrative

Old 01-08-2024, 10:31 AM

78,339 posts, read 60,539,645 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by uggabugga View Post
desantis is far and away the superior candidate.
I agree. He would cream Biden in an election. Trump is Biden's only chance at winning given his dismal poll numbers.

Old 01-08-2024, 10:51 AM

50,721 posts, read 36,424,154 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Universe93B View Post
If this is true, that's too bad. DeSantis can beat Biden in November. Trump cannot. Ridiculous choice for the GOP.

He has fallen in R polls ever since his campaign started. He went from second to now being tied for 3rd or 4th with Vivek and below Chris Christie. Haley is the person who would do best in a general, much more appealing to independents and moderates than DeSantis.

DeSantis has something lacking in his personality, and wasn't able to really connect with people.

Old 01-08-2024, 11:00 AM

52,708 posts, read 34,531,096 times
Quote:
Sure, Trump and DeSantis fans keep telling me that, and they add that she'll start a war, etc, but no one can explain why they say that, but since they all say the same thing, I can only assume they are repeating a narrative
i don't think she'll start a war. she's just lame in multiple other ways.

Old 01-08-2024, 11:52 AM

6,011 posts, read 2,832,710 times
Quote:
1. I didn't say I am against it, although I don't like to involve the government in too many things, especially when they create bills for the sake of creating bills aka political pandering, which is the case here
2. I didn't say anything about sexualizing anyone
3. I didn't call anyone a racist

If you are ok with the government punishing corporations or individuals for speaking their mind, then DeSantis is your guy. You have your vote, and you can use it to support him.

Have a nice day.
I never said you said or did anything. That's just an example of the logic test I use to form my opinions. I am normally against government punishing corporations for making statements they disagree with. But, we're talking about the sexualization of children. No just society tolerates that. So, in this one instance, I am perfectly fine with Governor DeSantis ending Disney's corporate welfare. Don't want your welfare taken away? Don't support sexualizing children. It's not difficult.

Old 01-08-2024, 12:08 PM

76,975 posts, read 47,604,577 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FordBronco1967 View Post
Don't want your welfare taken away? Don't support sexualizing children. It's not difficult.
Don't want the government targeting you? Don't criticize them, and don't disagree with what they do. If you have say something, say "Yes, sir, excellent policy sir", and then they'll give you more "welfare" aka money and tax breaks. It works the same in every authoritarian banana republic.

Old 01-08-2024, 12:38 PM

4,898 posts, read 2,053,213 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FordBronco1967 View Post
Though just a claim, that’s sad to hear. He’s a better candidate than Mr. Trump. Why, you might ask? He shares the good Trump policies without sharing the bad ones. Governor DeSantis shines where Mr. Trump falters, personality and policy wise. Mr. Trump wants to deal with Democrats on abortion. Governor DeSantis wants it left to the states. Mr. Trump has yet to show any humility and admit he made mistakes with the pandemic. Governor DeSantis has, by signing bills into law that never let the state of Florida lock down their citizens again. And we haven’t heard anything from Mr. Trump about reducing spending and debt, because his record is the exact opposite.

Unfortunately, too many good people either ignore, dismiss, or excuse these legitimate criticisms because they’re in love with Mr. Trump, the man. That’s the only way I can think of to explain it. It’s exactly like many Democrats were in love with Mr. Obama in 2008. And I understand it. I was once like that about Mr. Trump. But once the veil’s been lifted, it’s hard to go back. He’s flawed, like the rest of us. But his gigantic ego is his own worst enemy. I can hardly stand to listen to him, at this point.

And he hands them things to attack him with or charge him with on a silver platter. Then you hear “look at me. They’re attacking me”. Of course they are! They’re your political opponents. Stop giving them things to attack you with. When I first supported him in June of 2015, I thought he was smarter than this. Unless he’s doing this on purpose, to give some of his supporters what they want to see. But it turns off a lot of people, too. Myself included. Is he playing the victim card? While the media was nasty towards him, he wasn’t exactly innocent of everything.
I repped you you since you points about Trump are pretty much true. With that said, I am still voting for Trump in November, fully knowing about all his flaws, but at this point, I am supporting him since he is a “doer.” Yes, he talks too much about himself, but he is the only candidate that can stopped the madness, both in the US and around the globe.

Old 01-08-2024, 01:03 PM

25,940 posts, read 22,094,372 times
Quote:
Haley's husband is in the defense contracting business for one, and have you listened to her? She a war hawk, and that will not sell. Conflict of interest has already made her a bundle, so let's not give her more power. Google it!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mathguy View Post
I agree. He would cream Biden in an election. Trump is Biden's only chance at winning given his dismal poll numbers.
You need to review what the top issues are for the voters. Right at the top are the "economy" and the invasion at the southern border.

DeSantis has been running on financial "fumes" for some time. Haley got $250,000 from one rich Dem, and then there is her "foundation", and it is well worth it to take a hard look at her background and financial well-being. I would suspect she is being funded by those that would make money off of a war, and those who would do anything to stop Trump from winning, especially knowing she has no chance against Trump.

DeSantis is too far to the right to win an election, and I think much of what he has done is driven by his wife, after doing some reading about them. Over the last 2 years, he totally eliminated any chance that he had to win as POTUS. Icing on the cake: When asked in the first debate who would support Trump if he were the nominee, and knowing that to be in the debate, one was required to take an oath that they would support the nominee, DeSantis looked around to see who else had their hand up before putting his hand up, so much for holier than thou that time!

***Trump would have had to sign the loyalty pledge to be in that first debate.

DeSantis is basically broke, and Haley getting this mysterious financial support has hurt him even more.

Old 01-08-2024, 01:11 PM

6,228 posts, read 3,605,248 times
I don't believe this one iota. And now Bill Melguin of Fox News says he spoke with DeSantis, who is denying these rumors.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies