Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-11-2024, 10:27 PM

24,598 posts, read 9,437,319 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by xray731 View Post
With the numbers he has - come on Quick...
Agreed.

Quote:
Ron DeSantis Will Have to Drop Out Unless He Stuns in Iowa
Quote:
DeSantis has to hope that some combination of weather-induced low turnout, an overperforming ground operation and massive polling error lead to a shockingly strong finish for him. Otherwise, the governor is going to have to drop out or limp on as an afterthought.

Even if DeSantis holds off Haley but finishes a distant second to Donald Trump, it will effectively be the end of the line.
https://www.politico.com/news/magazi...azine-00134870

Same thing happened in 2016, several GOP candidiates refused to drop out, but they didn't have a choice.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-12-2024, 12:19 AM

1,837 posts, read 675,589 times
He would probably poll better nationally and in Iowa of all places, if he didn’t come across as a Karen.

He wasted political capital from the success of his first term by getting in fight with Disney and started a war on woke, but then refocused when Vivek launched a campaign that is more far right in anti woke.

The Israel war helped Haley also more than him. While he is pro Israel as well, he still is insecure of himself and hoping far right will like him, by keeping agreement with the consensus of the Right that US shouldn’t get involved in foreign conflicts. Haley is also an insecure politician and one who is incompatible in the GOP, but at least knows she is on side of hawkish in her convictions in foreign policy.

Old 01-21-2024, 01:14 AM

24,598 posts, read 9,437,319 times
It's coming to an end folks.

Quote:
Ron DeSantis Is Quietly Starting to Build His Off-Ramp From 2024
Quote:
After a humbling loss in Iowa, Gov. Ron DeSantis of Florida is starting to signal that he is building an off-ramp from the race for the Republican presidential nomination, a seeming acknowledgment of his dim prospects of defeating Donald J. Trump given his low poll numbers in New Hampshire and South Carolina.

So far this week, Mr. DeSantis has cast his eyes forward to 2028 with anecdotes about Trump supporters saying they would vote for him next time around if he runs again in four years. He has conceded that Mr. Trump’s thumping victory in Iowa on Monday made for a “good showing in terms of him winning the nomination.” And he has openly admitted that he believes he made a strategic mistake by icing out the traditional media earlier in the campaign.

It all amounted to a kind of frankness that Mr. DeSantis has not always shown in his public comments about the nominating contest — and a marked change in tone for a candidate who spent most of last year brashly promising he would win Iowa, which he lost by 30 points.

On Thursday, the conservative radio host Hugh Hewitt asked Mr. DeSantis if his campaign would survive through the end of March. The Florida governor replied that things were not necessarily going to plan.
https://www.nytimes.com/2024/01/19/u...ace-trump.html

Old 01-21-2024, 01:35 AM

52,200 posts, read 52,629,348 times
Of course it's just time.

Old 01-21-2024, 01:45 AM

3,827 posts, read 1,780,418 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave_n_Tenn View Post
Remember, Biden was toast until South Carolina. Politics is a funny thing.
That's true, I hope DeSantis stays in the race.

Old 01-21-2024, 01:57 AM

52,200 posts, read 52,629,348 times
DeSantis is a great guy.

He needs to get out of the Trump train.

Old 01-21-2024, 02:52 AM

27,119 posts, read 15,300,057 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave_n_Tenn View Post
Remember, Biden was toast until South Carolina. Politics is a funny thing.
Ah yes, Biden's "If you don't vote for me you ain't black" tour.
What a racist putz he is.

Old 01-21-2024, 04:07 AM

550 posts, read 364,043 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FordBronco1967 View Post
Though just a claim, that’s sad to hear. He’s a better candidate than Mr. Trump. Why, you might ask? He shares the good Trump policies without sharing the bad ones. Governor DeSantis shines where Mr. Trump falters, personality and policy wise. Mr. Trump wants to deal with Democrats on abortion. Governor DeSantis wants it left to the states. Mr. Trump has yet to show any humility and admit he made mistakes with the pandemic. Governor DeSantis has, by signing bills into law that never let the state of Florida lock down their citizens again. And we haven’t heard anything from Mr. Trump about reducing spending and debt, because his record is the exact opposite.

Unfortunately, too many good people either ignore, dismiss, or excuse these legitimate criticisms because they’re in love with Mr. Trump, the man. That’s the only way I can think of to explain it. It’s exactly like many Democrats were in love with Mr. Obama in 2008. And I understand it. I was once like that about Mr. Trump. But once the veil’s been lifted, it’s hard to go back. He’s flawed, like the rest of us. But his gigantic ego is his own worst enemy. I can hardly stand to listen to him, at this point.

And he hands them things to attack him with or charge him with on a silver platter. Then you hear “look at me. They’re attacking me”. Of course they are! They’re your political opponents. Stop giving them things to attack you with. When I first supported him in June of 2015, I thought he was smarter than this. Unless he’s doing this on purpose, to give some of his supporters what they want to see. But it turns off a lot of people, too. Myself included. Is he playing the victim card? While the media was nasty towards him, he wasn’t exactly innocent of everything.
Agree much. Problems with Trump, forsee many conservatives getting duped if he is elected thinking he is some kind of God, but he is turning off many on that count. His court cases, his one about the 1-6-2021 insurrection March 4 is problematic, hostile judge and jury pool within DC city borders 90%+ voted for crooked Hillary and Biden. Hardly a safe bet for Trump.

DeSantis safer bet for this country - gets things DONE serving the people, attacking the three country destroyers - silent abortion murder of millions with common sense 15 week approach with a few exceptions per the Republican debate last fall; same sex marriage, transgenderism, and gender mutilation and it pushed down impressionable young kids throats in the schools (how much has Trump done specific to that?); and illegal immigration (passing legislation in FL) including the wall if serve nationally. DeSantis is backed by putting his good Catholic faith into practice (Biden hypocrite denying it real bad) and his military background serving our country after 911 (Trump had to go to military school as a child). Some voters in South Carolina are taking note. https://apnews.com/article/desantis-...f9293e8fcb622f Am waiting until after Super Tuesday March 5 to see where things are with a larger part of the population.

Last edited by sprklcl; 01-21-2024 at 04:50 AM..

Old 01-21-2024, 05:11 AM

14,956 posts, read 9,790,824 times
I want Governor Ron DeSantis to stay in ... just in case something unexpected happens. Who knows... Trump may be suicided by the Clinton's?

Old 01-21-2024, 05:22 AM

11,770 posts, read 5,781,921 times
Everyone keeps talking about the problems Trump had but people - be it DeSantis or Haley - they will get dragged through the mud too and there is a lot in both their backgrounds to belittle them on. At least with Trump - we know he can take it and not cave. DeSantis and Haley - we don't know how strong they'd be - plus I expect both of them are saying what the masses want to hear and each of them will play nice after elected because they are concentrating on what they have to do to get re-elected 4 yrs from now and that's why I have a problem with both of them. Add to that all the donations Haley is getting from Dem Super Pacs and Donors. You don't think the Dems won't expect something back?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies