Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-26-2024, 01:45 PM

52,258 posts, read 52,668,250 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by TMSRetired View Post
When people keep associating "woke" with "mental illness" then they are dismissing so much.

Government is pushing this, funding this, creating laws to create and protect this.

People do not want to address the source of all of this so they say "mental illness".
There are many many in our government that are fully onboard with the globalist agenda. Lot of it being driven by big global mulit-country corporations that see America and the west as nothing more than financial markets for profit, screw nationalism and borders, all of that just gets in the way of things.

Big government and big corporations have merged a long time ago.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-26-2024, 01:46 PM

43,093 posts, read 18,259,632 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chowhound View Post
I see it as having multiple layers. At the core is a movement to restructure things and it's being sold as social justice in many cases. You have another layer of useful idiots that are angry and need to fixate their anger, virtual signal, the whole bit on something.

I think the bottom line is that there are lots of interests that are coalescing around this movement with varying intentions and narratives.

Woke, Gender Ideology, Intersectionality, CRT, DEI. All of this stuff is sort of spring from some of the same basic places.

What is happening the last several years is not a grass roots movement, it's being pushed by various special interests. You line up 10 people and just layout the silliness of what has been happening the last several years and most people would just sort of shake their heads. The people pushing this stuff are really a small minority, but they have loud voices and own all of the media platforms to push it all.
The real bottom line is that the government found out that their populace is EASILY manipulated.
The pandemic showed them that. They turned people against each other with one sentence. "The unvaccinated are killing everyone"

Just keep the people in fear...

Biden and Harris are doing a great job at trying to convince the people to fear their freedom because if they elect Trump he's going to take it away.

And lol...given Jan 6th I'd retort back..."But he tried and failed according to you so our government is resilient"

The Progressives got the Oval Office and they are not giving it up...and I think it's at any cost. I hope I'm wrong though.

Old 01-26-2024, 08:37 PM

1,021 posts, read 528,596 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TMSRetired View Post
When people keep associating "woke" with "mental illness" then they are dismissing so much.

Government is pushing this, funding this, creating laws to create and protect this.

People do not want to address the source of all of this so they say "mental illness".
I am not disagreeing with you about manipulation happening, its I know there is some very real mental illness also that manifests itself through woke ideology.

Old 01-26-2024, 08:48 PM

1,021 posts, read 528,596 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chowhound View Post
I see it as having multiple layers. At the core is a movement to restructure things and it's being sold as social justice in many cases. You have another layer of useful idiots that are angry and need to fixate their anger, virtual signal, the whole bit on something.

I think the bottom line is that there are lots of interests that are coalescing around this movement with varying intentions and narratives.

Woke, Gender Ideology, Intersectionality, CRT, DEI. All of this stuff is sort of spring from some of the same basic places.

What is happening the last several years is not a grass roots movement, it's being pushed by various special interests. You line up 10 people and just layout the silliness of what has been happening the last several years and most people would just sort of shake their heads. The people pushing this stuff are really a small minority, but they have loud voices and own all of the media platforms to push it all.
I agree with this also, but per the bolded section, I dont think it is such a small minority in current times. There are certainly focused aspects of American society where the woke illness is in the majority, such as most media and higher education.

After some widespread protests at Evergreen College in Washington state in 2017 that disrupted all teaching for days, a liberal student named Benjamin Boyce left the school after he was attacked by woke students and woke staff for being white.

He started a you tube channel regarding his experiences at Evergreen over the years, and it is a dive into the woke mindset and how "woke" is formed. Worth a listen and watch if you are interested in that type of thing (I admit, I had some downtime during the covid panic years)

Old 01-26-2024, 09:54 PM

25,725 posts, read 18,797,332 times
Burn the son of a ***** down.

(sorry, but I'm sick of this racist BS coming from the morons who caterwaul loudest about NOT being racist)
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies