Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-29-2024, 09:14 AM

23,223 posts, read 29,056,523 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by scarabchuck View Post
No more, sorry the country is full. Why are the Democrats so hell bent in letting them in ? It has nothing to do with them being brown, i'm half "brown" myself but we don't need more dependents in this country.
Democrat and Republican business owners, always looking for cheaper labor, particularly the meat-packing plants, want open borders. Why are you just blaming Democrats for this?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-29-2024, 09:27 AM

43,128 posts, read 18,290,317 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tijlover View Post
Democrat and Republican business owners, always looking for cheaper labor, particularly the meat-packing plants, want open borders. Why are you just blaming Democrats for this?
Business owners do not own the border...government does.

Business is taking advantage of our government's open borders.
The business owners don't make foreign policy ...they can only take advantage of it.

And our government condones it.
Raid a place..send the illegals scurrying, fine the owner.
Days later they are back in business with a new batch of illegals.
(I lived in the vicinity of a Tyson slaughterhouse when in Texas)

Did the government arrest and charge any American ?
Did the government shut down the business ?
Did anyone go to jail over it ?

Government allows this and businesses just give them kickback money (fines for hiring illegals).

It's a win/win for them....business gets cheap help (off the books) and the USG gets free money unaccounted for (fines).

And government has convinced people that it's the business fault we have so many illegals in this country.

The refugees don't need jobs...they have access to the welfare programs and refugee resettlement programs...$20 billion spent last year.

Old 01-29-2024, 09:33 AM

29,503 posts, read 14,663,209 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tijlover View Post
This current situation is entirely on the Democrats. And if what you are stating is true, why would the GOP put mandatory E Verify in the HR 2 bill , which the Democrats have ignored for months ?

Also, the small business owners I know, all of which are in a skilled trade, hate cheap labor. All it does is drive wages, and profits down. Illegals come here, learn a trade, start a business and undercut the **** out of all other companies.

Maybe it works for large corporations...bring on E-Verify, why aren't the Dems on board with it ?

Old 01-29-2024, 09:49 AM

42,850 posts, read 26,294,125 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bus man View Post
Indeed, I have to shake my head and repeat what you said: "This is a compromise?" I have a better idea. We close the border to ALL illegal migrants. In return, we relieve the financial pressure on liberal sanctuary cities that say they are buckling under the weight of all the illegals that have been shipped there.
Here's an idea, read the INA and find out what can legally be done: https://www.uscis.gov/laws-and-polic...ationality-act

Old 01-29-2024, 10:15 AM

42,850 posts, read 26,294,125 times
Quote:
This current situation is entirely on the Democrats. And if what you are stating is true, why would the GOP put mandatory E Verify in the HR 2 bill , which the Democrats have ignored for months ?

Also, the small business owners I know, all of which are in a skilled trade, hate cheap labor. All it does is drive wages, and profits down. Illegals come here, learn a trade, start a business and undercut the **** out of all other companies.

Maybe it works for large corporations...bring on E-Verify, why aren't the Dems on board with it ?
Big corporations aren't the problem, neither are "the dems". The magnet is agricultural work, construction, and meat packing plants and E-Verify doesn't require compliance for companies with fewer than 25 employees and it's real easy to meet that if you are clever.

Old 01-29-2024, 10:28 AM

43,128 posts, read 18,290,317 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2sleepy View Post
Big corporations aren't the problem, neither are "the dems". The magnet is agricultural work, construction, and meat packing plants and E-Verify doesn't require compliance for companies with fewer than 25 employees and it's real easy to meet that if you are clever.
One bill had e-verify required for all US workers. Pelosi pulled it out right before the bill was signed.

Old 01-29-2024, 10:33 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2sleepy View Post
Again, I'll disagree with that one, at least with small businesses. A friend, closed up his brick laying business of 25 years because he was tired trying to keep his crews (all with him the whole time) pay up, while continually trying to deal with being undercut by illegal/migrant owned businesses.

Do you really think these individuals are just going to sit around and get taken advantage of by these owners once they learn a trade and can move on and start their own company ?

Old 01-29-2024, 10:41 AM

3,410 posts, read 4,469,122 times
I'm "brown" and I support HR 2 over whatever is being cooked in the Senate. No one who broke the law to come into this country deserves to be in this country. People's country of origin being mismanaged shouldn't be grounds for a "valid" asylum claim. Finish the wall.

Old 01-29-2024, 10:42 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TylerJAX View Post
I'm "brown" and I support HR 2 over whatever is being cooked in the Senate. No one who broke the law to come into this country deserves to be in this country. People's country of origin being mismanaged shouldn't be grounds for a "valid" asylum claim. Finish the wall.
Agreed.

Old 01-29-2024, 10:43 AM

23,223 posts, read 29,056,523 times
Quote:

Doo you know any legal human being that would want to work in a meat-packing plant even at $25 an hour, given all the injuries that take place there every week, every month, every year?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies