Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-27-2024, 10:19 AM

24,629 posts, read 9,454,674 times

Advertisements

Quote:
I’m torn between voting and not voting at all. A lot of us are,” Killian-Bey said. “I don’t think Biden is it, but I don’t see what else is out there.” He wants Democrats to “give me substance. You can’t dangle carrots and assume we’ll vote for you.”
Quote:
Political analysts say Killian-Bey’s views illustrate a waning enthusiasm among Black voters, particularly Black men, toward Biden and the Democratic Party. A series of polls in recent months have alarmed party strategists and liberal organizers and reportedly frustrated the president, who is facing a tight race for reelection against former president Donald Trump, the Republican front-runner.

A New York Times-Sienna poll in late October found that 22 percent of Black voters in six battleground states, including Michigan, would support Trump if the general election were held today, while 71 percent said they would support Biden.
https://www.washingtonpost.com/polit...wpisrc=nl_most

Wow. We knew that blacks were tired of Democrats but I didn’t realize it was this big. Even WaPo is admitting it.

This must be why Democrats are trying to replace the black vote with Hispanics. The writing is on the wall and they won’t have the black vote forever.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-27-2024, 10:34 AM

8,983 posts, read 21,169,137 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rocko20 View Post
https://www.washingtonpost.com/polit...wpisrc=nl_most

Wow. We knew that blacks were tired of Democrats but I didn’t realize it was this big. Even WaPo is admitting it.

This must be why Democrats are trying to replace the black vote with Hispanics. The writing is on the wall and they won’t have the black vote forever.
The article is more nuanced than the main quote you present. 22% - while better than 14% in 2016 and 12% in 2020 - is still a rather poor showing even if it does prove out in November. Granted, it could make a difference in swing states like Michigan as highlighted in the piece.

I did find this part interesting:

Quote:
“There’s an assumption that because Donald Trump is Donald Trump, he’ll have zero support among Black voters. That couldn’t be further from the truth,' [Johns Hopkins professor Leah Wright] Rigueur said. "Amongst a small subset of Black men, there is more of a willingness to entertain Republican overtures. And that is distinctly gendered. Black women are less likely to entertain it.”
So apparently there is a gender split, if however slight, that explains it.

There's also this:

Quote:
"Many Black voters say they are disappointed that Biden, despite his promises, failed to win a sweeping voting rights bill or police reform legislation. While that is largely due to Republican opposition, some civil rights leaders argue that Biden did not spend enough political capital on such bills, especially compared with favored causes like the Ukraine war.

In any case, civil rights measures often resonate less with Black men, who may view economic prosperity as a more realistic way to get ahead, said Theodore Johnson, a scholar on race and electoral politics at the think tank New America."
I don't see either of the remaining Republican Presidential candidates addressing those first two issues.

Last edited by FindingZen; 01-27-2024 at 11:05 AM..

Old 01-27-2024, 10:46 AM

76,971 posts, read 47,629,107 times
Quote:
New Poll Shows Biden Losing The Black Male Vote
So, when 78% of blacks support Biden, it translates to them not supporting him

Leave it to RW MSM to design the headlines

Old 01-27-2024, 11:27 AM

25,732 posts, read 18,809,520 times
The only Hispanics in general who are going to support Bidet are the very bottom rung of the illegals hopping the border (criminals, indigents, unskilled) and the gang banger types. Most all decent, hard working Hispanic I know (all either legally here or US citizens) do not support Bidet's BS at all. They are just as ticked off with him as the rest of us "deplorables."

Old 01-27-2024, 12:31 PM

13,734 posts, read 7,999,139 times
This pollster is asked about the AA vote in PA (6:28 mark)
https://www.realclearpolitics.com/vi...nsylvania.html

In 2020 Trump got 9% of the AA vote according to PA exit polls. The pollster then mentions Trump is currently polling at 17% of the AA vote in PA. However, doesn't think this will help much. Why not?
Because the AA turnout in PA was down in 2020 and he feels it may drop again this year.

Old 01-27-2024, 01:07 PM

25,732 posts, read 12,808,029 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Finn_Jarber View Post

If Trump gets 22% of the black vote, and the 46% of the latino vote that polling was also showing, he gets re-elected.

That is the reality of this election.

I'm not a MAGA Trumpster, but I'm able to face reality...my guys all dropped out

Is there anyone here who disagrees w/ my prediction?

Old 01-27-2024, 01:08 PM

8,983 posts, read 21,169,137 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChrisC View Post
The only Hispanics in general who are going to support Bidet are the very bottom rung of the illegals hopping the border (criminals, indigents, unskilled) and the gang banger types. Most all decent, hard working Hispanic I know (all either legally here or US citizens) do not support Bidet's BS at all. They are just as ticked off with him as the rest of us "deplorables."
Undocumented immigrants can’t vote, of course.

However, while support for Biden among Latinos may be dropping, he still holds a clear majority. (EDIT TO ADD: The poll in question suggests significant support for a third party candidate…but I’d expect that to recede mostly towards Biden.)

https://amp.theguardian.com/us-news/...no-voters-poll

Last edited by FindingZen; 01-27-2024 at 01:48 PM..

Old 01-27-2024, 01:11 PM

39,228 posts, read 27,603,964 times
My brother in law who is a black man will not vote for him. He voted Obama. I tried to convince him to vote Trump, I think it is unlikely he would vote for Trump, but he might consider Libertarian party. He certainly is not a Haley fan lol

Old 01-27-2024, 01:17 PM

76,971 posts, read 47,629,107 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChrisC View Post
I know quite a few hard working Latinos who do support him, and polls suggest they are pretty much split 50/50.

Having fun making stuff up?

Anyway, you accidentally busted the myth that they are "imported" here because they always vote Dem

Old 01-27-2024, 01:21 PM

1,702 posts, read 782,921 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Finn_Jarber View Post

Normally it’s around 90% or higher with black voters. 78 percent translates into many think Biden sucks.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies