Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-10-2024, 12:03 PM

18,429 posts, read 8,258,982 times

Advertisements

everyone is ignoring the fact....Biden's been lying since day one.....60 years ago

news is focused on Biden talking to dead people....and ignoring the fact Biden flat out made it all up....flat out lying

the only thing going on with Biden is he's not as good at lying any more.............
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-10-2024, 12:05 PM

5,734 posts, read 4,689,857 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cb73 View Post
Not a Democrat, but weighing in. Do the Dems really want to win? Simple.

1. Replace Harris as Vice-President. Her votes in the original primary were horrible, and her speeches have taken her further and further downhill. Is anyone looking forward to her moving up to President?

2. Talk Newsom into taking the Vice-President spot. I think there's a lot of Dem voters that want to vote for Biden again, but are worried that he won't last the term. Newsom, although I don't agree with him on anything, is coherent, personable, and looks good. (I'm old enough to remember women voting for Kennedy because of his hair, and many young people in California voted for Arnold for his movies. It's not always about politics.)

I've seen polls where Trump would win against Newsom in 2024, but I think a lot more Democrats/Independents would back Biden if they thought Newsom was in the wings ready to step in.

Others may have a different Vice-President choice in mind, but the current plan of "you can't ask Biden to step down because Harris would be worse" is not good for the country.
I agree with you in theory; however, there is the "Kamala problem".

Kamala was tapped in the first place because she was a black female. No other reason. She checked the required boxes.

How can the Dems remove Kamala, the first black female VP in history, and replace her with a white man that is literally the epitome of white privilege?

Can you imagine the outcries of the liberals and blacks if they were to do that?

This is why the rumors of Michelle Obama are everywhere.

Old 02-10-2024, 12:19 PM

17,441 posts, read 9,262,756 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rocko20 View Post
https://www.politico.com/news/2024/0...cerns-00140814

Wow. This is getting pathetic folks. Biden is an old man and his handlers are forcing him to come out of hiding. This is becoming the plot to “Weekend at Bernies.”

His tactic is to hide, so let him hide. It’s nap time.
I read the Playbook at Politico that discussed this. It’s not “his handlers “that want him out in front of the people with Speeches, Pressers, Interviews - his close Staff (otherwise known as handlers) want him in a cocoon — in the basement again ideally. It’s the DNC, all the Leftist, Progressives & Democrat “experts “ & Pundits that want Poor Joe to show them all that he is Cognizant & Vigorous.

His Handlers (otherwise known as inner Staff) know he is none of those things and every time he is out of his Cocoon, they have to attempt to clean it up.

Old 02-10-2024, 12:28 PM

4,798 posts, read 3,506,800 times
One Flew over the White House after mistaking it for the Cuckoos Nest.

We are in dire straits.

Even if the 25th Amendment is invoked we will have the Hyena to contend with.

We are screwed either way.

I don't know if we can survive for the remainder of Biden's term in light of how fast Obama, his confederates, and the globalist/communist oligarchs who are using him as their conduit to flow their programs through are destroying the country.

Our country is in a rushing, white water river, that is fast approaching the water fall of our doom.

Old 02-10-2024, 12:30 PM

8,331 posts, read 2,959,252 times
They can’t make him any younger. And plenty of people his age are as sharp or sharper than many younger than him.

Old 02-10-2024, 12:30 PM

10,830 posts, read 4,506,581 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve40th View Post

Our country is in a rushing, white water river, that is fast approaching the water fall of our doom.

Right alongside Marshal, will and holly....

(ok Im REALLY showing my age)

Old 02-10-2024, 12:32 PM

25,940 posts, read 22,094,372 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TMSRetired View Post
But we all know he's not cognizant enough to have a debate or much public exposure.
Maybe they just want to put him out there, and get it over! I mean, every time he opens his mouth or walks/shuffles around, it becomes news of additional signs of his failing mental and physical being. I am sure they are sick of having to explain away, and now, it is impossible to explain away. I think Karine probably can't take it anymore! Biden makes everyone that speaks in his favor look like idiots!

Old 02-10-2024, 12:32 PM

15,821 posts, read 6,527,022 times
This election may well come down to what mental health issues can you live with in a President. Aging memory geezer with a speech disorder or a narcissistic fool with a glib tongue? Interesting times.

Old 02-10-2024, 12:38 PM

23,477 posts, read 12,496,511 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mattja View Post
Biden tells the first gentleman he's FOS and then the union spokesmen tells the worker to shut up because he represents the union. The workers says he's speaking for himself and the union spokesmen again tells him to shut-up because he represents the union. Wow.

In the second video, Biden calls the gentleman asking a question "fat."

And people said Trump was unpresidential?
Democrats have a solid history of smearing voters, even their own, and the left base likes it.

Trump only returns smears to politicians and media talking heads and the left base has conniption fits over it.

And the left base think Biden's* only problem is that he is old?

Old 02-10-2024, 01:09 PM

13,602 posts, read 4,927,464 times
Biden’s Presidency has been overall quite successful.

- Two years of the lowest unemployment numbers in history.
- Solid GDP growth
- First major infrastructure investment bill in decades
- Stock market just hit record highs
- Rallied NATO to oppose Russian aggression in Ukraine

So, one of two things must be happening. Either Joe is not so incompetent as everyone seems to think, or all the decisions are being made by his “handlers”, as many here have suggested. Either way, the results are good. I’m comfortable having a figurehead President with a competent administrative team, as opposed to a loose cannon maniac that no one can control (aka, the Former Guy).
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies