Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-28-2024, 06:53 PM

7,898 posts, read 4,162,649 times

Advertisements

I won't be able to get parts for my 37-year-old truck?

That sucks.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-28-2024, 07:00 PM

4,975 posts, read 2,749,024 times
Harley Davidson won't work on any motorcycles over 10 years old...corporate decision..

Old 02-28-2024, 07:05 PM

45,362 posts, read 26,627,978 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by double6's View Post
Harley Davidson won't work on any motorcycles over 10 years old...corporate decision..
But it isn’t illegal to get a Harley serviced by someone else

Old 02-28-2024, 07:12 PM

6,005 posts, read 2,935,275 times
If a law can fuxk over Americans , Joey Potato will sign it .

Old 02-28-2024, 07:19 PM

6,836 posts, read 3,427,880 times
This is typical of those two buttholes, just ban everything without considering the average person or the consequences.

Restrictions get worse, freedoms get worse, and nothing they do benefits Americans.

Old 02-28-2024, 07:24 PM

14,426 posts, read 11,896,976 times
Umm...we have 11 cars. Only one of them is less than 15 years old. It's a 2011, so it's 13. The pickup is an 84. It's kind of a beast, but still going strong.

Old 02-28-2024, 07:43 PM

18,005 posts, read 15,700,802 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by vincenze View Post
Europe considers banning repairs of vehicles that are older than 15 years.

Gavin and Joe are flying there to implement similar laws in California.

Do you remember that Gavin promised not to ban used gasoline vehicles? He can just ban repairs.

You're supposed to buy a new vehicle every 15 years, or share buses with the homeless.
My truck is 25 years old. It performs every bit or better for power fuel economy emissions all of it than it did when it was new. Because I maintain repair and upgrade it. It has all the features a new truck would have (OK no backup cameras) and I fully intend for this outfit to be passed down when I'm gone. Call it my Red Barchetta. This outfit is solid modern and it would take armed intervention for me to give it up to some stupid Euro style law the city dicks think would be so cool to see.

Leave it up to the Euros and the UK to come up with a law like this. Sheesh. The UK doesn't even trust it's citizens to use kitchen utensils for their intended use all freaking out about their buddies the ME terrorists having access to knives. Knives.

There's a significant number of people in the US (mostly in the cities of course) that want to see all that nonsense implemented here in the US. Ummmm....well. ya know. there's also a significant number of folks out here putting up a big fat bird flip too. Me among them. I'm done being quiet when stupid people have episodes. So, as to this new Euro attempt to get a Motor Law in place I will have my version of a gleaming red Barchetta from a better vanished time stashed in my barn. Right alongside an impressive array of various weapons and equipment.

I do LOVE being a very rural sorta guy.

Old 02-28-2024, 07:54 PM

179 posts, read 72,528 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by saibot View Post
Umm...we have 11 cars. Only one of them is less than 15 years old. It's a 2011, so it's 13. The pickup is an 84. It's kind of a beast, but still going strong.
I literally laughed out loud when I read that. My HOA sent me a letter once because I had family visit and they parked their rental car in front of my home overnight.

Old 02-28-2024, 08:03 PM

50,601 posts, read 47,437,219 times
All the illegals we let in will have an underground service like with everything else.

Old 02-28-2024, 08:05 PM

15,162 posts, read 8,719,630 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lottamoxie View Post
Wouldn't have bothered me if I had read such an article 10 years ago. I used to live in SF way back when.
You mean way back when the streets of San Fran were not littered with human poop and discarded hypodermic needles, and homeless encampments weren’t strewn everywhere? Back when it was against the law for a gang to enter department stores and haul off as much merchandise as they could carry, and the cops would arrest anybody who tried?

Yep, I remember those days too. But it’s so much better now, isn’t it?

Quote:
Originally Posted by lottamoxie View Post
Once, when my parents visited me, one of the entertainment things we went to was a drag comedy show with some friends. My parents loved it; never laughed so hard. It was fabulous! Men dressed up in female garb and costumes don't bother me in the least! And, as long as their reading to children is both age and *child content appropriate,* with no material about gender or sex, then no big deal.
This explains everything, doesn’t it? Of all of the possibilities and entertainment choices available in one of America’s former premier cities, the choice for your family entertainment was going to watch mentally ill males dressed up like female freaks, acting … freaky? Yes, soo fabulous!

As for the children … they have no business being anywhere near these demented drag demons …. Why? So they don’t grow up thinking this is in any way normal or desirable behavior for men to be engaged in …. which is as far from “fabulous” as something can get. And of course, if I were a betting man, I’d wager my life savings that your idea of what is “child content appropriate” is quite a bit different than mine, too.

Last edited by GuyNTexas; 02-28-2024 at 08:19 PM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies