Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 03-02-2024, 01:28 PM

43,085 posts, read 18,259,632 times

Advertisements

Treat it like the flu now....well that's how the current flu evolved...from the 1918 pandemic.

And they just changed the flu time to avoid people...they lowered it from 10 days to 5 days.

Old 03-02-2024, 01:29 PM

4,344 posts, read 2,231,744 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 87112 View Post
Cnn death watch. Remember that? If you were killed in a motorcycle crash and tested for covid in the morgue cnn would count it as a covid death.
I remember CNN's despicable death count by state in an attempt to show that blue states which obediently (ie blindly) followed the jab mandates were therefore 'saved' vs red states.

And in the end, covid deaths had more to do with comorbidities and health than ideology - the counts ended up being the same - despite being jabbed or masked.

Yet the Covidian Cult remains in unshakable faith with their version of 'science' and their Pope Fauci.

Old 03-02-2024, 01:35 PM

29,823 posts, read 24,902,718 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DorianRo View Post
As viruses mutate they weaken in severity. . And pandemics generally change to endemic

Correct. Which is why the government's actions during COVID were completely and totally unnecessary. They likely made things worse than they would have been had they just allowed COVID to run it's course. But since it was likely cooked up in a bio lab and paid for with US dollars, they probably figured they had to do something to cover their tracks.

Old 03-02-2024, 01:37 PM

3,148 posts, read 2,050,232 times
This isn't too surprising - it's been four years now. You would expect mutated viruses to have weakened and for the resulting sickness not to be as severe.

Old 03-02-2024, 01:44 PM

24,483 posts, read 17,226,594 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by banksock View Post
I remember New Jersey silly Covid Laws.

The whole 25% capacity and the Governor would raise it every so many weeks when he felt it was necessary and nobody act like "Knuckle heads"

When restaurants was allowed to open and the governor backtracked on it and they wasted a lot of food.

Wearing a mask at a restaurant and when you sit down you was allowed to take it off

Going to a bar and you had to be social distanced and 25 percent people was allowed in and then at 10pm the inside of the bar was closed and everyone had to go outside in 20 degree weather.

The Covid vaccine mandate and losing healthcare workers left and right and a lot of healthcare places still can't find staff.

Could not go to bars and clubs with out showing your covid vaccine card in Philadelphia.

We had the longest state of emergency ever and still had restrictions while other states were open.

The Governor of my state put up a "Snitch line" round the Holidays for neighbors to rat out others if they had a family gathering over the Holidays. Buying a large turkey for Thanksgiving automatically had you on the suspect list that you might be inviting more than your immediate family over for dinner.

Stores and restaurants were always under the threat of being forcibly closed and locks being put on their doors if they violated the lock down rules that were in affect that week.

I was buying an ear of corn at the super market and you never know what you are going to get without taking a peek at the top. Shucking was not allowed but I thought pulling back the top an inch to verify it was worm free and that the kernals had actually grown to the top resulted in 2 workers yelling at me.

The whole idea of masking was stupid too since most people only wore the cloth ones so as not to violate the rules. Wearing a loosely fitting cloth mask to ward off a microscopic virus is like putting up a chain link fence to keep mosquitos out of your yard.

I remember walking by a restaurant and we thought about going in until we saw that they were requiring a covid shot card and they were taking peoples temperatures. We went elsewhere.

There were so many ridiculous rules that were put out there and we all fell into line and reluctantly followed them to avoid the hassle.

Old 03-02-2024, 01:52 PM

1,200 posts, read 619,478 times
From the very start I said to myself this is a political virus, it's really the flu. And I refused to get jabbed.

As the years went on I met several people who reacted to the jabs, stayed sick and are still sick.

I also met a couple of nurses who later on quit their jobs at the hospital near me and told me that when a person passed, they "had" to put down the cause of death as covid-19 when it was really a heart attack, stroke, pneumonia, etc.

Did the fear-mongering work? With some people it did. And to this day I see people in stores still wearing masks. Of course I say nothing.

Old 03-02-2024, 01:53 PM

18,076 posts, read 15,664,302 times
A respiratory virus eventually moves into an endemic phase, which occurred by year 3 after the initial covid spread. The virus mutated many times and, as is also common, becomes far less deadly than the early strains. There's no handwaving away the death toll from CV19 in the first 18+ months.

Treating it "like the flu" now after 3 years, makes sense: People are advised to stay home, rest, and treat their fever and other symptoms when they have the flu. People are not advised to go to work while sick, or be out in close contact with others, while sick with the flu. Someone who has a more serious case may need medical intervention (stronger drugs) or hospitalization. Death or a long recovery can still occur in some people with respiratory viruses.

Old 03-02-2024, 01:54 PM

25,958 posts, read 22,113,827 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DorianRo View Post
As viruses mutate they weaken in severity. . And pandemics generally change to endemic
If you look at the facts, you'll realize they knew from the beginning that masks would not work, distancing would not work and the mRNA vaccine would not work, except to decrease the population. There were studies on the effectiveness of masks (but 3M was in a hole that COVID got them out of), mRNA vaccines had been kept off the market due to the side effects of blood clotting and autoimmune disease, among other serious concerns. All of this was known prior to releasing the virus for the election of 2020.

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC5906799/
https://pubmed.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/34100279/
https://childrenshealthdefense.org/d...smission-cola/
https://www.vaccines.news/2021-12-04...-vaccines.html
https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/art...mal%20cellular

Quote:
Originally Posted by tinytrump View Post
People died on those first waves. Period
During the first waves, the CDC told the hospitals that with ANY death, IF the person MIGHT HAVE HAD Covid, it could be counted as a Covid death. COVID brought in a premium from Medicare, and despite legal status, anyone that did not have insurance would be covered by the federal government and if they died, there was help for funeral expenses. Also, most that died had other health issues and/or were 80+ years old (the ones that a cold would have terminated).

So, I have watching obits from 3 different areas knowing people in those areas. What I have noticed is that those that live in the areas with the highest vaccine rates (2 of them) and an area that had among the lowest vaccine rate and COVID cases is that I see in the 2 areas with the highest vaccine rate, at least 50% are younger than I am (69) and in my current area with low rates, maybe 20% are younger than I am.

It is sad what they did, and it will be a hard lesson for some, but one needs to do their own research, and have a backup plan for supporting themselves, especially with an election in the fall.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jViu40SKeHI

Old 03-02-2024, 02:03 PM

43,085 posts, read 18,259,632 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lottamoxie View Post
A respiratory virus eventually moves into an endemic phase, which occurred by year 3 after the initial covid spread. The virus mutated many times and, as is also common, becomes far less deadly than the early strains. There's no handwaving away the death toll from CV19 in the first 18+ months.

Treating it "like the flu" now after 3 years, makes sense: People are advised to stay home, rest, and treat their fever and other symptoms when they have the flu. People are not advised to go to work while sick, or be out in close contact with others, while sick with the flu. Someone who has a more serious case may need medical intervention (stronger drugs) or hospitalization. Death or a long recovery can still occur in some people with respiratory viruses.
That was what a lot of normal folks said...it was like the 1918 pandemic.
Just wait it out.

But that's not what the "officials" were saying.

I didn't forget.

Old 03-02-2024, 02:29 PM

350 posts, read 229,744 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 87112 View Post
Cnn death watch. Remember that? If you were killed in a motorcycle crash and tested for covid in the morgue cnn would count it as a covid death.
Yes I do remember that and hated the constant 24/7 death & illness count. I woke up and stopped watching CNN around that time.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies