Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 03-02-2024, 02:58 PM

43,094 posts, read 18,259,632 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Signs9 View Post
Yes I do remember that and hated the constant 24/7 death & illness count. I woke up and stopped watching CNN around that time.
Watching CNN is as bad as watching the weather channel where every storm now has to be named and fear mongered as "this is the big one"

it's gotten so bad that people fear a simple thunderstorm or snow flurries now.

Old 03-02-2024, 03:03 PM

29,823 posts, read 24,902,718 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TMSRetired View Post
Watching CNN is as bad as watching the weather channel where every storm now has to be named and fear mongered as "this is the big one"

it's gotten so bad that people fear a simple thunderstorm or snow flurries now.

I don't know what's in CNN's secret sauce, but they had my mother in tears on the phone begging me to get the COVID vaccine during the height of all that madness. I stopped watching that station around the time GWB was president, and it seemed normal enough during that time. I don't know what the heck happened to turn them into what they were during Trump's time, but I am told they have shifted back closer towards the middle as of late. But I find that incredibly hard to believe after everything they have put normal, ordinary everyday people through.

Old 03-02-2024, 03:14 PM

8,232 posts, read 3,490,786 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by banksock View Post
I remember New Jersey silly Covid Laws.

The whole 25% capacity and the Governor would raise it every so many weeks when he felt it was necessary and nobody act like "Knuckle heads"

When restaurants was allowed to open and the governor backtracked on it and they wasted a lot of food.

Wearing a mask at a restaurant and when you sit down you was allowed to take it off

Going to a bar and you had to be social distanced and 25 percent people was allowed in and then at 10pm the inside of the bar was closed and everyone had to go outside in 20 degree weather.

The Covid vaccine mandate and losing healthcare workers left and right and a lot of healthcare places still can't find staff.

Could not go to bars and clubs with out showing your covid vaccine card in Philadelphia.

We had the longest state of emergency ever and still had restrictions while other states were open.
There's a store here that has a sign up expecting you to wear a mask if you have not been vaccinated. This is 2024.

Old 03-02-2024, 03:29 PM

31,041 posts, read 22,070,533 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by andywire View Post
I don't know what's in CNN's secret sauce, but they had my mother in tears on the phone begging me to get the COVID vaccine during the height of all that madness. I stopped watching that station around the time GWB was president, and it seemed normal enough during that time. I don't know what the heck happened to turn them into what they were during Trump's time, but I am told they have shifted back closer towards the middle as of late. But I find that incredibly hard to believe after everything they have put normal, ordinary everyday people through.
Nasty Leftist just like Stalin, Fidel, or Mao. They want absolute control

Old 03-02-2024, 03:44 PM

50,783 posts, read 36,474,703 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rocko20 View Post
https://www.wsj.com/health/wellness/...gious-cdefb6b8

So it took the CDC 4 years to figure this out? No masks? No 5 vaccines?

Yikes. How many people lost businesses and jobs due to this fiasco?
They aren’t backing off. The variants today are much different than they were when Covid began, and during the first year or so. It was a much more severe illness then. Now more people have immunity strong enough that people who get it have much milder symptoms because our immune systems can fight it off now, and the variants are also not as aggressive as they were a few years ago.

Old 03-02-2024, 03:46 PM

19,632 posts, read 12,222,208 times
There's a small music venue that started requiring proof of vaccination and refused to offer refunds to people who already bought tickets before the rule.

I wouldn't be surprised if they are still doing it.

It isn't even about the virus at some point, it is purely political and punitive.

Old 03-02-2024, 04:02 PM

10,233 posts, read 6,317,831 times
My husband tested positive in 2020. No symptoms at all. One of his doctors would not see him until he had a negative test. Three weeks later he was tested at CVS which still came back positive. He called the hospital where he originally tested and they refused to give him another test. They said he could still test positive with only TRACE AMOUNTS. Come back at 3 MONTHS later. He was furious. Was he supposed to quarantine for MONTHS? No, they said he was no longer contagious.

The whole COVID quarantine was totally stupid. I tested NEGATIVE despite living with him. No, I did not isolate in my home. I went grocery shopping (starve?) wearing my Crazy Cat Lady Fashion Mask to just get into the supermarket. It came off as soon as I got outside.

Old 03-02-2024, 04:08 PM

7,636 posts, read 8,707,635 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rocko20 View Post
Quote from the article:

Quote:
Many doctors say that at this point, common sense should guide you.
So common sense shouldn't have guided us earlier?

Quote:
Even if you’re not worried about health risks, there’s still the disruption of getting sick. So if you have a big trip coming up, an important job deadline looming or you just don’t want to juggle work and a sniffily kid, adjust your precautions to fit your tolerance level.
Great wisdom!

Old 03-02-2024, 04:30 PM

17,623 posts, read 6,908,038 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Clutch View Post
This isn't too surprising - it's been four years now. You would expect mutated viruses to have weakened and for the resulting sickness not to be as severe.
Are you “surprised” at how useless and ineffectual the Democrats’ response to COVID was? I seem to recall you as being a big fan of all the nonsense.

Old 03-02-2024, 04:37 PM

4,344 posts, read 2,231,744 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RowingFiend View Post
Here’s the real short version - the COVID cultists were wrong about everything.
We can close the thread now!

Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.