Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 03-02-2024, 08:36 PM

8,214 posts, read 3,483,075 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cape Cod Todd View Post
The Governor of my state put up a "Snitch line" round the Holidays for neighbors to rat out others if they had a family gathering over the Holidays. Buying a large turkey for Thanksgiving automatically had you on the suspect list that you might be inviting more than your immediate family over for dinner.

Stores and restaurants were always under the threat of being forcibly closed and locks being put on their doors if they violated the lock down rules that were in affect that week.

I was buying an ear of corn at the super market and you never know what you are going to get without taking a peek at the top. Shucking was not allowed but I thought pulling back the top an inch to verify it was worm free and that the kernals had actually grown to the top resulted in 2 workers yelling at me.
The Kentucky governor did that too. For the first several months, you had to wait in a long line wearing a mask to get food. I have a bad back and a neck injury, so standing in the line ended up being painful. I was not allowed to go in the store to use the restroom. It was taking over an hour to get in the store. I was breaking out from the mask and I have bladder issues, so I was being humiliated and having pain inflicted on me just to try to get food. There were cops outside of the stores ready to arrest anyone who didn't abide by the rules.

The times I made it into the store, they were announcing on the coms about the rules and telling us that we would be arrested if the mask was off our noses. There were reminders to shop quickly for essentials and we were rushed.

People were ratting on anyone gathering with each other to a hotline. The governor gave daily talks and would publicly shame people for violating the rules.

I sometimes went without food. Someone told me about the church handing out lunch every day and I started going there. There were days that it was about all I had to eat. I was receiving the food stamps but I often couldn't get into the store to get food. I had stamps accumulate on the card and I finally started buying some food from schwans.

For a while the bus would only let four people ride at a time. I often couldn't ride the bus at all because it was full, so I couldn't get to the store. Other times I would get to the store but the bus kept being full all day so I was stranded at the store. I had refrigerated food go bad before I could get home. Sometimes, I had to walk home from the store in bad weather. People who lived in the same apartment building would be at the store and they wouldn't let me ride home with them.

The apartment place I lived in installed cameras to see if we were wearing masks and we were threatened with eviction if we were seen without a mask. We were even required to wear masks when we were outside or face possible eviction. They installed new cameras outside and inside the building and they were watching the cameras to catch someone violating the rules.

Old 03-02-2024, 08:48 PM

30,254 posts, read 23,725,162 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rocko20 View Post
https://www.wsj.com/health/wellness/...gious-cdefb6b8

So it took the CDC 4 years to figure this out? No masks? No 5 vaccines?

Yikes. How many people lost businesses and jobs due to this fiasco?
All of my posts about the plandemic have been redeemed. Wonder if the pretend "expert" will show up to apologize.

I won't wait.

Old 03-02-2024, 08:53 PM

24,607 posts, read 9,442,839 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 87112 View Post
Cnn death watch. Remember that? If you were killed in a motorcycle crash and tested for covid in the morgue cnn would count it as a covid death.
I remember the covid tests, CDC cards, and masks needed just to walk outside your house, let a lone on a plane.
Quote:
Originally Posted by tinytrump View Post
People died on those first waves. Period
Everyone is going to die. Period. People die from the flu today. Period.

It was a 99% survival rate virus.

All the masks, cdc cards, covid tests, vaccine shots, booster shots, and lockdowns only led to more pollution and hardships in the world.

Old 03-03-2024, 02:41 AM

4,851 posts, read 2,668,494 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lottamoxie View Post
A respiratory virus eventually moves into an endemic phase, which occurred by year 3 after the initial covid spread. The virus mutated many times and, as is also common, becomes far less deadly than the early strains. There's no handwaving away the death toll from CV19 in the first 18+ months.

Treating it "like the flu" now after 3 years, makes sense: People are advised to stay home, rest, and treat their fever and other symptoms when they have the flu. People are not advised to go to work while sick, or be out in close contact with others, while sick with the flu. Someone who has a more serious case may need medical intervention (stronger drugs) or hospitalization. Death or a long recovery can still occur in some people with respiratory viruses.

through 5 pages and this is the only person that understands this?..I thought it was common knowledge but apparently not..'specially on here with the cultists..

Old 03-03-2024, 05:21 AM

14,937 posts, read 12,132,451 times
Quote:

IMO it's about time.

Old 03-03-2024, 05:31 AM

14,937 posts, read 12,132,451 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chowhound View Post
Yeah, some jag off, forget her name was clearly clearly on big pharma's payroll, always on with the pro vax claptrap. Everyone called her out a few times.
You mean the lady with the scarves? Deborah Something or other?

If that's who you're thinking of, IIRC she decided she'd had enough and retired after about a year ( maybe less) of all the Covidfrenzy goings-on.

Old 03-03-2024, 05:47 AM

24,397 posts, read 23,050,809 times
I just came down with another cold right after a coworker came down with it. That's another cold in a month which is unheard of for me. I generally go up to a year without any colds. The symptoms are fatigue, muscle aches, low grade fever, chills and some congestion. Not as bad as a month ago but still annoying. I guess its RSV and the last cold cleared up in a weeks time so hopefully this one does as well.
I'm not vaxxed so i can't blame the vaxx for short circuiting my immune system but i can blame the vaxxes for making people more likely to get sick and to spread it around after their immune systems get compromised. I am run down from lack of sleep and a diet thats not as veggy friendly as I'm used to. I guess i have to start listening to my body and get more rest and eat better.

Old 03-03-2024, 06:52 AM

37,453 posts, read 61,366,570 times
Quote:

There is a paywall in place preventing me from reading the article.

Since they appear to be quoting a CDC.gov article, does anyone have the CDC.gov link to this?

Old 03-03-2024, 07:09 AM

25,705 posts, read 18,781,503 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Travelassie View Post
You mean the lady with the scarves? Deborah Something or other?

If that's who you're thinking of, IIRC she decided she'd had enough and retired after about a year ( maybe less) of all the Covidfrenzy goings-on.
The "scarf lady" Deborah Birx. I got the feeling at the time that she didn't even believe half the stuff she was probably told to spout off by Fauci and Friends. Maybe that's why she exited stage left during the early months of the covid circus.

Old 03-03-2024, 07:47 AM

6,099 posts, read 2,720,244 times
The CDC flip flops more than a fish how do people trust them with public health anymore?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.