Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 03-07-2024, 11:15 AM

8,918 posts, read 4,645,770 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChrisC View Post
The "scarf lady" Deborah Birx. I got the feeling at the time that she didn't even believe half the stuff she was probably told to spout off by Fauci and Friends. Maybe that's why she exited stage left during the early months of the covid circus.
Most of those people who spouted the government propaganda really did believe it. Many still do. A few, having come to their senses, sort of faded from view. Some, in rebellion began spouting whatever was opposite the government propaganda. (Not smart either, as most propaganda has an element of truth in it.)

Quote:
Originally Posted by My2cents55 View Post
The CDC flip flops more than a fish how do people trust them with public health anymore?
I have been saying for a couple years, now, that my biggest mistake in the whole pandemic was believing the government and big pharma too much, especially on the effectiveness of the vaccine (they claimed a breakout rate of 10%, in reality, the breakout rate was more like 90%).

Quote:
Originally Posted by RogueMom View Post
I always treated it like the flu. I don't get flu vaccines either. When I got Covid-19, I treated it the same way I would treat getting the flu. I was basically fine after three days of bed rest, hot tea, vitamin C supplements, saltine crackers, and chicken w/rice soup.
That is a good strategy. And, just like the flu, if you have a mild case, like you did, you ride it out without any contact with the medical system. (BTW, for Covid, it seems vitamin D was more important than C, but needed to be started before you got exposed, just to keep you healthier.)

Quote:
Hopefully people will not be so fooled again.

A lot will depend on whether they are able to pass the Pandemic Treaty at the World Health Organization in May of this year.
We will have to treat any "Pandemic Treaty" the same way we treat any other hostile government program.

Old 03-07-2024, 11:27 AM

8,918 posts, read 4,645,770 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cape Cod Todd View Post
This is just more proof that the Covid was used as a Political Weapon by the Left.

They told us they needed 15 days to flatten the curve... The only curve they were interested in was the graph that showed the rising approval numbers of Trump.

The virus was an emergency, but you are right, the Left Weaponized it.

Remember their mantra: never let a crisis go to waste.

The two weeks to flatten the curve may have been a good idea.
Maybe even three weeks.

Making it fourteen months? Not so much.

Also, the vaccine was a good idea, if they had stuck to the original published plan:
Voluntary vaccination of those over 65 or conditions that made them more susceptible.
https://www.npr.org/sections/health-...eed-up-rollout

Lying about it's effectiveness was not a good idea.
Nor was making it mandatory, anywhere.
Nor was giving it to younger people, who had most of the adverse effects.
Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies