Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-04-2024, 09:00 AM

34 posts, read 18,436 times

Advertisements

Whether you’re here legally or not, it should be obvious that you need to be a citizen to be a police officer. I don’t think there’s anywhere in the world where a non citizen can work in law enforcement. Gonna enforce state/federal laws and uphold the constitution but not even be a citizen. Insane.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-04-2024, 10:02 AM

35,699 posts, read 21,054,375 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bills513 View Post
Whether you’re here legally or not, it should be obvious that you need to be a citizen to be a police officer. I don’t think there’s anywhere in the world where a non citizen can work in law enforcement. Gonna enforce state/federal laws and uphold the constitution but not even be a citizen. Insane.
You don’t. Facts

Old 04-04-2024, 10:15 AM

35,699 posts, read 21,054,375 times
Some green card holders are Fed LEOs and what I have seen, is the dual citizenship. I don’t know the details - but the worked for DHS.

D.C. police described the employment change as a step toward "ensuring our agency is representative of the community it serves." Previously, only U.S. citizens could be considered for officer positions. Green card holders are now eligible to work as D.C. police officers.Jul 6, 2023 https://wtop.com/dc/2023/07/people-w...ice-officers/#

In certain rare situations, a United States government agency may hire someone who is not an American citizen or US national for employment with a Senior Executive Service or an excepted service if it is permitted by the:

Federal agency’s internal policies;
Annual Appropriations Act; and
US immigration law.

And then there’s these folks. With guns.
Approximately 8,000 Green Card holders join the US military each year and around 35,000 are currently serving on active duty.

https://www.usafis.org/can-i-join-th...n-card-holder/

Old 04-04-2024, 11:13 AM

14,228 posts, read 4,592,230 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tinytrump View Post
Some green card holders are Fed LEOs and what I have seen, is the dual citizenship. I don’t know the details - but the worked for DHS.

D.C. police described the employment change as a step toward "ensuring our agency is representative of the community it serves." Previously, only U.S. citizens could be considered for officer positions. Green card holders are now eligible to work as D.C. police officers.Jul 6, 2023 https://wtop.com/dc/2023/07/people-w...ice-officers/#

In certain rare situations, a United States government agency may hire someone who is not an American citizen or US national for employment with a Senior Executive Service or an excepted service if it is permitted by the:

Federal agency’s internal policies;
Annual Appropriations Act; and
US immigration law.

And then there’s these folks. With guns.
Approximately 8,000 Green Card holders join the US military each year and around 35,000 are currently serving on active duty.

https://www.usafis.org/can-i-join-th...n-card-holder/
Which federal LE agency is hiring people with green cards?

Old 04-04-2024, 11:18 AM

59,040 posts, read 27,306,837 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by justyouraveragetenant View Post
I could not believe it when I read it. The Lapd will hire illegal migrants to become police officers. Illinois is going to hire migrants as police officers. if you thought illegals voting was crazy how about them telling citizens what to do? Some United States citizens who are cops don't even know the law and now we are going to have uneducated migrants policing America?

https://www.thecentersquare.com/cali...7b86bf4e1.html

Do you want illegals to become police officers? Police are supposed to take an oath to the constitution .

https://www.nbcchicago.com/news/loca...icers/3303881/

In Illinois they are saying they are only allowing migrants who can carry a gun to become police officers but they are going to pass a law allowing all migrants to be able to carry a firearm . they lie to your face in articles. this is all planned to have migrants police citizens for future authoritarian plans.

Remember when Barak Obama said this?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L3YG7k25sFM

What was he talking about? Some believe Obama is running the country and not Joe Biden and this is Obamas third term behind the scenes. We all know Biden is told what to do he even admits it by saying things like I am not allowed to comment .

is the civilian national security force going to be like brown shirts? it looks like it might not even be civilians but illegal migrants who don't care about this country.

What do you think the civilian national security force is going to be used for. Obama never gives more details and just moves on from it.
Give illegals guns, what could go wrong?

Liberals never cease to amaze!

Old 04-04-2024, 12:29 PM

2,122 posts, read 1,793,443 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CrowGirl View Post
To be fair, looking at the articles the California proposal relates to DACA recipients and the Illinois proposal relates to legal residents that are non-citizens. I think lumping DACA recipients in with the pool of illegal immigration we have seen over the last few years is a little disingenuous. There is a qualitative difference, at least in my mind.
Yeah I figured there was some exaggeration of the story to fit their agenda. Thanks for the reality.

Old 04-04-2024, 12:45 PM

8,232 posts, read 3,490,786 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bergun View Post
Just another reason to vote for Trump in November.

It’s Clown Town when an illegal alien can arrest a native born American citizen for violating the law WHEN their whole existence is based on violating the laws of the United States to be here… Illegally.
And about half of the country thinks it's okay.

Old 04-04-2024, 12:50 PM

14,228 posts, read 4,592,230 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CrowGirl View Post
To be fair, looking at the articles the California proposal relates to DACA recipients and the Illinois proposal relates to legal residents that are non-citizens. I think lumping DACA recipients in with the pool of illegal immigration we have seen over the last few years is a little disingenuous. There is a qualitative difference, at least in my mind.
The difference between DACA and illegal immigration we have seen the last few years is a stroke of a pen from ONE man via EXECUTIVE ACTION.

Old 04-04-2024, 07:37 PM

13,608 posts, read 21,394,406 times
When does conspiracy theory become conspiracy fact? It is fact that the far-left are importing millions across the border who many have no love for the U.S and no knowledge of the founding principles we have seen so many waving their home country flag as they cross not a American flag. Many refer to Biden as "papi Biden"

All these countries they are coming from it is normal for police and military to be corrupt, to have more alliegence to a political leader or party than to duty and honor. Meanwhile the far-left are demoralizing and destabilizing police forces and the military of traditional honorable people. With recruitment goals not being met and many seasoned vets leaving, Dems have now floated the idea of filling those ranks with illegal immigrants, do you see where this is heading?

Old 04-05-2024, 06:09 AM

59,040 posts, read 27,306,837 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lionking View Post
When does conspiracy theory become conspiracy fact? It is fact that the far-left are importing millions across the border who many have no love for the U.S and no knowledge of the founding principles we have seen so many waving their home country flag as they cross not a American flag. Many refer to Biden as "papi Biden"

All these countries they are coming from it is normal for police and military to be corrupt, to have more alliegence to a political leader or party than to duty and honor. Meanwhile the far-left are demoralizing and destabilizing police forces and the military of traditional honorable people. With recruitment goals not being met and many seasoned vets leaving, Dems have now floated the idea of filling those ranks with illegal immigrants, do you see where this is heading?
"It is fact that the far-left are importing millions across the border"
And breaking laws in doing so.

But, but, but "no one is above the law"!

Where are the dems now who constantly yelled this?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies