Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-28-2024, 12:04 PM

43,921 posts, read 44,695,675 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Johnny Wadd View Post
This is tragic but there is only one side to blame for this - the side that started the war by intentionally massacring 1,200 Israeli citizens, the side that uses it's own civilians as human shields, and the side that can end the war tomorrow by laying down arms and releasing it's hostages - Hamas.
Hamas isn't the only terrorist organization holding hostages in Gaza. The even more extreme Palestinian Islamic Jihad is holding some of the hostages as shown in the most recent video the organization just released of the one of the hostages it is holding.
https://www.jpost.com/breaking-news/article-804045

It's not clear if Hamas has control of the PIJ in terms of the potential release hostages in exchange for a ceasefire.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-28-2024, 12:08 PM

6,869 posts, read 3,107,244 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chava61 View Post
Hamas isn't the only terrorist organization holding hostages in Gaza. The even more extreme Palestinian Islamic Jihad is holding some of the hostages as shown in the most recent video the organization just released of the one of the hostages it is holding.

It's not clear if Hamas has control of the PIJ in terms of the potential release hostages in exchange for a ceasefire.
I doubt they have control over them in any meaningful way. The all operate like a bunch of gangs with turf.

The place is riddled with these militants and people wonder why Israel had to keep Gaza on lockdown.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TRex2 View Post
That is why I suggested resettlement of the so called Palestinians into Sudan.
Those that survive, that is.
And, I would suggest any that won't go, should not survive.
They have forfeited their option to remain.
(Although, then we would have to support the defense of S. Sudan.)
You've mentioned that before. I am curious on why Sudan? Like, what is the connection.
Historically? They are both Sunni?

Old 05-28-2024, 12:27 PM

9,103 posts, read 4,801,077 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by naicha View Post
I doubt they have control over them in any meaningful way. The all operate like a bunch of gangs with turf.

The place is riddled with these militants and people wonder why Israel had to keep Gaza on lockdown.
The Palestinian Islamic Jihad is Shiite.
They don't much like each other but, ever since about 2012 (more or less), both have been supported by Iran, for the purpose of destroying Israel. Before that it was the UN and the Muslim Brotherhood, supporting the terrorists.

Quote:
You've mentioned that before. I am curious on why Sudan? Like, what is the connection.
Historically? They are both Sunni?
If I recall correctly, yes, it is Sunni. Also, it has almost no Jews or Christians (ethincly cleansed, forced to S. Sudan).

The so called Palestinians would not make a huge difference in Sudan's population.

The only border from Sudan that is ripe for a religious war is South Sudan. I would turn that into a version of the Maginot Line (and/or DMZ), to defend South Sudan (they already need to have defenses, since all muslim countries are prone to anti Christian violence).

Concentrating the problems, far from the current target, could buy us a few years of reduced violence.

Last edited by TRex2; 05-28-2024 at 12:48 PM..

Old 05-28-2024, 02:19 PM

4,275 posts, read 2,579,280 times
Israel has lost its moral compass.

Old 05-28-2024, 02:30 PM

765 posts, read 329,937 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chava61 View Post

Yes true there are several faction but PIJ and Hamas are working together against a common enemy, and they are both funded by Iran. Hamas is the one that has always had there sh*t together in terms of governing and organizing, so I am sure that if Hamas leaders wanted to release the hostages held by PIJ they would find a way. If not, Hamas can manage PIJ the way they managed the former leaders of Gaza - throw them off roofs.
On that same note, some hostages have been and may still be held by UN/UNRWA employees in Gaza.

Old 05-28-2024, 03:16 PM

9,103 posts, read 4,801,077 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by webster View Post
Just because their moral compass points in a different direction than yours, doesn't mean that theirs is the one that is lost.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Johnny Wadd View Post
Yes true there are several faction but PIJ and Hamas are working together against a common enemy, and they are both funded by Iran. Hamas is the one that has always had there sh*t together in terms of governing and organizing, so I am sure that if Hamas leaders wanted to release the hostages held by PIJ they would find a way. If not, Hamas can manage PIJ the way they managed the former leaders of Gaza - throw them off roofs.
On that same note, some hostages have been and may still be held by UN/UNRWA employees in Gaza.
I concur.

Old 05-28-2024, 03:22 PM

30,812 posts, read 19,454,338 times
Quote:
Hard to keep your moral compass when somebody's torturing, raping and killing your women and children and holding your citizen's as hostages while the perpetrators use their own people as human shields.

Old 05-28-2024, 03:38 PM

6,869 posts, read 3,107,244 times
Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tall Traveler View Post
Hard to keep your moral compass when somebody's torturing, raping and killing your women and children and holding your citizen's as hostages while the perpetrators use their own people as human shields.
Yeah,..don't fall for that 'moral' compass stuff.

This is exactly how they work. And why they purposefully operate around civilians. They are complicit. They are martyrs. Hamas proudly boasts this. Their radicalized Islam doctrine demands this.

Their goal is to create a Moral Crisis.

Old 05-28-2024, 04:14 PM

4,762 posts, read 4,470,859 times
I guess I'll be the broken record on repeat, but why is Hamas or whatever group ( UNWRA, PIJ< whoever) given a pass by the international community not demanding the hostages be seen, named, identified, made sure of humane conditions. etc.
That's a rhetorical question because we know the answer.
There is a double standard when it involves Israel and Jews.
I gave up donating way back when to anything UN related ( UNICEF,) and the Red Cross.

Old 05-28-2024, 05:54 PM

754 posts, read 505,840 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by naicha View Post
Yeah,..it's like ICJ demands Israel to cease fire.

ICJ: Israel , cease fire immediately!

Then Hamas/Hezbollah starts throwing rockets at Israel.

ICJ: " ..."

Where is the ICJ headline on CNN stating, " ICJ demands Hamas release the hostages and turn themselves in for the atrocities of OCt 7th"

Hamas, a duly elected ruling body. And all these Countries 'recognize' Palestine as a State, right?

Like what? 67 borders?
Have Egypt Occupy Gaza,..Again?
Jordan take the West Bank,.again?

Before everyone else gives them options, what are They saying they want?

The Palestinian option is they choose Hamas.
They choose to be martyrs until there is nothing but Palestine, from the 'river to the sea'.

And by some poster's accounts, they agree with Netanyahu and are complicit with Hamas ruling.

And someone may wanna consult these protestors too.
They seem to have a limited view of options as well. As in,...we want 48, aka, no Israel.

We want 48!

Sickening how casually he uses the act of rape in conversation.

Should put this in this thread.
Excellent, yes.

CD won't let me rep you guys anymore, boo!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies