Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-28-2024, 06:03 PM

754 posts, read 505,840 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Johnny Wadd View Post
This is tragic but there is only one side to blame for this - the side that started the war by intentionally massacring 1,200 Israeli citizens, the side that uses it's own civilians as human shields, and the side that can end the war tomorrow by laying down arms and releasing it's hostages - Hamas.
Israel needs to stop apologizing, explaining, rationalizing and all that...that just paints them into a corner.

Hamas, PIJ, Hezbollah, Houthis, Iran, none of them do any of that weakass hand wringing, and they get away with literal murder while nobody bats an eye.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-28-2024, 06:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by webster View Post
Israel has lost its moral compass.
That would be wishful thinking on my part, but if true I'd be way cool with it. This war would end in a day if Israel played by Arab rules.

Old 05-28-2024, 06:11 PM

9,119 posts, read 4,801,077 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by G in MP View Post
Excellent, yes.

CD won't let me rep you guys anymore, boo!
I have been known to go through a couple threads "repping" people until I had enough "points" (takes 27, I think) to rep the person I wanted to rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by G in MP View Post
Israel needs to stop apologizing, explaining, rationalizing and all that...that just paints them into a corner.

Hamas, PIJ, Hezbollah, Houthis, Iran, none of them do any of that weakass hand wringing, and they get away with literal murder while nobody bats an eye.
I concur.

Old 05-28-2024, 06:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TRex2 View Post
I have been known to go through a couple threads "repping" people until I had enough "points" (takes 27, I think) to rep the person I wanted to rep

I concur.
Yeh man, CD nazis won't let me rep ya no mo.

Old Yesterday, 05:28 AM

43,924 posts, read 44,695,675 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Universe93B View Post
There is a new target by IDF into a crowded area and breaking news reports 21 more deaths in the camp. Probably more children, since IDF keeps firing at random places. Go in with soldiers and get the job done like how the US military would do. IDF thinks they can just fire missiles and shell everywhere, on the most crowded place on the planet.

Look at the condemnations over the weekend. Israel is branding itself the most hated country in the world if they keep this nonsense up.

There are reports of more deaths in another blast at an encampment of displaced people in Rafah.

The apparent explosion killed 21 people, Reuters and AFP report, citing Palestinian officials.

Graphic footage on social media purports to show the aftermath of the incident - BBC analysis of the footage shows it seems to be from today, but we have not verified the location.

We're looking into this incident and will bring you more details as soon as we have them.

https://www.bbc.com/news/live/world-...-east-69068028

According to an IDF investigation, the bomb used was very small and targeted only Hamas operatives. The IDF didn't realize that nearby was a Hamas munitions storage which then got ignited from the bomb blast and that fire spread unintentionally to the nearby civilians.

https://youtu.be/wtD5ie2HbXg?si=MyweHo0XzQVqqhuh

Old Yesterday, 05:33 AM

4,762 posts, read 4,470,859 times
The way the narrative is being spun, Israel is at fault because they should have known where the explosives Hamas is storing is being kept. They need to leave it intact to that Hamas can use it against them.
What a BIZARRO world.

Old Yesterday, 05:41 AM

43,924 posts, read 44,695,675 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mayvenne View Post
The way the narrative is being spun, Israel is at fault because they should have known where the explosives Hamas is storing is being kept. They need to leave it intact to that Hamas can use it against them.
What a BIZARRO world.
Exactly! Also Western Media fails to mention 3 IDF soldiers killed and 5 wounded from a Hamas booby trap set up in a house in Rafah.

Old Yesterday, 06:38 AM

29,608 posts, read 9,822,537 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Johnny Wadd View Post
We aren't talking about theories, we are talking about reality. The reality is that a dead terrorist will no longer terrorize.

The only symbolism I see is from ignorant college students carrying around Palestinian flags and banners stating "from the river to the sea" and not understanding what that phrase means.
You just can't be this clueless...

What is the reality when it comes to the young man who's beloved father or brother or uncle declared a terrorist is killed? Or the young man who's mother, sister or daughter is killed by indiscriminate bombing for sake of killing one or two who are declared terrorists? Or the young man who's family has been driven from their long-time home thanks to a mindless cycle of "eye for an eye" violence? An "eye for an eye" and a leg and an arm and all too often a head too. Rather than theory, what is your all-knowing understanding of how a terrorist becomes a terrorist? Why have so many killed already over the course of so many decades not ended terrorism rather than continued to create more terrorism?

What in the name of sound reason or logic is the end game? The world has yet to hear it, but even many an Israel are not so clueless not to demand one!

You sound a lot like many who criticized and discredited those who protested the Vietnam War. The same sort of head-in-sand mentality that is forever on the wrong side of history. Always very hard to understand this sort of blind propaganda toward one agenda while apparently clueless about the other. Very hard to understand, but fortunately there is enough "symbolism" emerging from just about every objective observer that finally puts the pressure on those who need to rethink their simple dumbed down one-sided thinking. I say finally as if that pressure is making any difference. While the killing of innocent victims continues without any end in sight.

Too bad for the Israelis, the Palestinians, and everyone else getting sucked into this vortex of ignorant madness...

Last edited by LearnMe; Yesterday at 07:36 AM..

Old Yesterday, 06:55 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TRex2 View Post
Hamas is a duly elected ruling body. The so called Palestinian people in Gaza chose them, and were in favor of Oct 7th. Those who can't strap on a suicide vest, themselves, provide aid to buy the vest and help the bomber strap it on.

But, there is no state to be recognized. Those countries who seek to recognize a pretended state are engaging in a gaslighting of their own people (and the extremely gullible American antisemitic crowd).
You have this all wrong as well...

As if you can do what all pro-Israeli "thinking" wants to assume everyone else will accept as truth as well. As if Hamas and the Palestinians are one and the same people, thus all justifiable targets to be killed. Simply not true.

Would you say all the Japanese people were one and the same people as their imperial leaders who lead them into the war on the side of the Axis powers in WWII? Do you think all innocent citizens of any country are guilty of what their war-mongering leaders decide is best for them? In that story or history at least there was an end game clear as could be. The bombing of Hiroshima and Nagasaki which also annihilated over 350,000 people. Mostly civilians for the express purpose of ending the war and/or bringing Japan to surrender. Which of course was the result.

There is no comparison to what is happening in Gaza in terms of an end game or justification to kill innocent Palestinians who just want to go about their daily lives just like the innocents on Hiroshima and Nagasaki wanted. All Palestinians are not considered the enemy like all Japanese were in WWII. They are all for the most part innocents despite what their leaders decide is good for them. Most have little ability to choose leaders who know better what to do on their behalf. Israelis who are none too happy with Netanyahu are having the same problem too. Leaders who don't do right by their people. To suggest otherwise is also to be clueless about how the world turns. My word.

Old Yesterday, 06:58 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mayvenne View Post
What a BIZARRO world.
I can see where this is going as always, and as such, I'm going elsewhere so y'all can enjoy the BIZARRO world of your choosing as well.

Cheers, and if nothing else lets all be thankful it isn't us there or my hunch is a good many of us wouldn't be quite so cavalier about letting all this go on for so long without more in the way of the push back necessary to bring these sorts of attrocities to an end sooner rather than later.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies