Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-08-2008, 09:22 AM

658 posts, read 831,291 times

Advertisements

City people suck, poorly. Seriously. I only endure their ways in my office to earn a paycheck. One of the many reasons I work 4x10.

Country people are much preferred. They are generally more real, they don't lie as much, they wear an expression on their faces, and they exercise grace and manners (the degree of which differs from Kentucky to LA).

City people who move to the burbs chase out the country folks, because country folks don't like pollution of their standards by puke.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-08-2008, 09:38 AM

5,296 posts, read 6,475,519 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jamesandveybe View Post
City people suck, poorly. Seriously. I only endure their ways in my office to earn a paycheck. One of the many reasons I work 4x10.

Country people are much preferred. They are generally more real, they don't lie as much, they wear an expression on their faces, and they exercise grace and manners (the degree of which differs from Kentucky to LA).

City people who move to the burbs chase out the country folks, because country folks don't like pollution of their standards by puke.
Good points all around. People on here say they've lived in the country and haven't noticed anything,but either they didn't live there long enough or are just oblivious. One of the traits of country people is that we're more sensitive to anything abrasive,which is why we pick up on things more readily.

And you're right about facial expressions,I noticed here people walk around with more of a sneer if not just hardened and disgusted looks on their faces. Another thing I noticed is sure they can proclaim themselves to be all friendly,but it's like they're sprung and ready to argue in a heartbeat. When I lived in the country and someone got angry,the people would all look surprised. That's how you can tell there's little strife in an area.

And the lying...I must admit I was a bit naive when I moved here because where I came from people's word & character was good enough to be trusted...here's it's like you have to put people under a light to get the real truth out of em if at all. They lie and con,but I suppose for them they have to one-up each other to get by. I'm surprised I was even able to keep most of my standards intact thusfar.

Last edited by StuckPA; 08-08-2008 at 09:49 AM..

Old 08-08-2008, 09:50 AM
j33

4,626 posts, read 14,089,265 times
Quote:
City people suck, poorly. .
You seem like a lovely gracious guy ... exuding all the values and attitudes you claim to loathe about city people in this one single sentence.

Carry on.

Old 08-08-2008, 09:53 AM

It's called being fed up,happens to even the best of em.

Old 08-08-2008, 09:57 AM
j33

Quote:
Originally Posted by StuckPA View Post
It's called being fed up,happens to even the best of em.
It is rude and obnoxious to paint an entire group of people with such a broad brush, there is no excuse except for one's own ignorance, intolerance, and hatred.

Yeah, I said it.

Old 08-08-2008, 09:59 AM

Again,it's called being human. Everyone has intolerances.

Old 08-08-2008, 09:59 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by j33 View Post
You seem like a lovely gracious guy ... exuding all the values and attitudes you claim to loathe about city people in this one single sentence. Carry on.
Thank you. I do try to encapsule the meat of the post in the first sentence.

Old 08-08-2008, 10:01 AM
j33

Quote:
Thank you. I do try to encapsule the meat of the post in the first sentence.
Ah, so now that we all know what sort of person you are, we are free to ignore you as a crank and a troll, thanks for making that so easy.

Old 08-08-2008, 10:04 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by j33 View Post
Ah, so now that we all know what sort of person you are, we are free to ignore you as a crank and a troll, thanks for making that so easy.
You're welcome, please try to enjoy your ignorance, it shows a little hostility at this moment. You stick to poor discimination. I will stick to meaningful posting in my thread first entries. Have a latte.

Old 08-08-2008, 10:05 AM
j33

Meaningful posts such as 'city people suck'?

Clearly you and I have different meanings for the word 'meaningful'?

You are the one displaying hostility and ignorance. I have never once posted anything to indicate that I have any hostility toward those in the rural part of this country, in fact, if you can figure out how to read my posts, you'll see that my attitude is just the opposite. I do, however, find those who are so quick to write off the residents of an entire region of the country in such a way as you just did loathesome and smallminded, and I don't tolerate such foolishness very well.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies