Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-09-2008, 09:02 PM

17,823 posts, read 23,462,250 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by the one View Post
na, brother. not a troll at all. i got family that hunts. we hunt in LA> well i dont. they do. its something i have seen all my life. they share their dear meat with us too. used to at least. my uncles old as dirt now.

but i aint a dictator. you really think i got that much power over you?? im just giving you my opinion. if giving my opinion makes me dictatorial or hurts your feelings or whatever, then maybe you should spend some time off this site. i just gave my opinion. and no one has really given me reason to shift my position.
i dont think what you guys do is hunt. i think you guys practice your marksmanship. i understand the tracking aspect of it all. its fascinating how much my uncle knew. but i couldnt really get past the "sniper" quality of it all. thats it. no ones really given me reason to think otherwise.
and you guys are more than welcome, im lookin for another perspective. but it seems you guys just like to say im ignorant or silly or whatever... very telling.

o and im not a vegan. i wear leather. i love meat. and its fine to play with guns. to teach your kids about gun safety. i just dont think any real hunters exist anymore.
So you consider all hunters as cowards, and you come from a family of hunters. Thus, you consider your own family as a bunch of cowards.

That would explain your irrational hatred. More likely it is hunters, such as your uncles, who possess skills you could never hope to obtain and you simply have a childish need to lash out at what you can't comprehend.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-10-2008, 05:44 AM

5,232 posts, read 8,419,133 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by the one View Post
na, brother. not a troll at all. i got family that hunts. we hunt in LA> well i dont. they do. its something i have seen all my life. they share their dear meat with us too. used to at least. my uncles old as dirt now.

but i aint a dictator. you really think i got that much power over you?? im just giving you my opinion. if giving my opinion makes me dictatorial or hurts your feelings or whatever, then maybe you should spend some time off this site. i just gave my opinion. and no one has really given me reason to shift my position.
i dont think what you guys do is hunt. i think you guys practice your marksmanship. i understand the tracking aspect of it all. its fascinating how much my uncle knew. but i couldnt really get past the "sniper" quality of it all. thats it. no ones really given me reason to think otherwise.
and you guys are more than welcome, im lookin for another perspective. but it seems you guys just like to say im ignorant or silly or whatever... very telling.

o and im not a vegan. i wear leather. i love meat. and its fine to play with guns. to teach your kids about gun safety. i just dont think any real hunters exist anymore.
Maybe dictator was the wrong word. I did not mean you could actually control me, I mean you dictate what hunters are & why they hunt without being open to the opinions of others who might just know what they are talking about.
In some few instances hunting can be like a sniper but thats not the norm in my experience. Maybe shooting prarie dogs. Deer or other big game is usually quite different & even if you could whack a deer from across a canyon it behooves you to get as close as you can.
I only say you are silly & ignorant because its true in this instance. Youre silly saying hunting is cowardly & you're ignorant because you dont have knowledge of the subject yet feel you have a right to an opinion that should be respected.

I'v already explained that practice is practice & takes place before a responsible person hunts. I dont practice on deer, but I kill them regularly when I shoot one because I practice in the off season.

Old 08-10-2008, 06:27 AM

3,722 posts, read 4,311,780 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Greatday View Post
Fishing and Hunting are popular activities in the United States. Teaching young people how to hunt and fish at young age does not "destroy" them as the OP would have you believe.

My children hunt and fish. My oldest got his first deer at the age of 9. Today, my sons are grown very fine men - with children of their own. And now we, as a family, go hunting and fishing frequently -

Hunters and fishermen are stewards of the lands - they actually are very important in the conservation movement.

IMO, the OP is opposed to guns in general - hence his opposition to hunting.
That's why killing babies and children in far off places like Vietnam and Iraq comes so naturally to a nation of war mongers.

Puleez!

Old 08-10-2008, 06:46 AM

25,100 posts, read 39,273,270 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Raggy dee Ann View Post
That's why killing babies and children in far off places like Vietnam and Iraq comes so naturally to a nation of war mongers.
Non Sequitur

Old 08-10-2008, 06:58 AM

3,454 posts, read 7,411,954 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Raggy dee Ann View Post

Puleez!
Those people are the results of parents teaching their children to hunt... children? Your post makes no sense to me.

Old 08-10-2008, 08:04 AM

11,135 posts, read 14,197,413 times
Just a reminder folks, this topic is very specific and is not about left vs right, liberal vs conservative, pro gun verses anti gun, yadda yadda yadda, the topic IS....

Should young children be taught how to shoot animals?

Old 08-10-2008, 09:22 AM

7,923 posts, read 8,849,255 times
Absolutely Tn. Too many people on here just being viscious and trying to look clever. This should be a thread on the topic and not trying to prove oneself.

Old 08-10-2008, 09:33 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by geeoro View Post
Too many people on here just being viscious and trying to look clever.
Is that so?

Seems a whole lotta people here agree that teaching a young person to hunt and to fish is OK -

One poster even showed a picture of himself with his son (holding a rifle)

Old 08-10-2008, 09:47 AM

7,923 posts, read 8,849,255 times
Greatday...What is your problem? You seem to follow me around like a bad smell and everytime i put on a post you try to provoke with a stupid remark. If you have a problem with me, then let's go private and stop dragging every reader into your pettiness.

Old 08-10-2008, 09:54 AM

The fact is - teaching young people to hunt and fish are not bad things - and most posting here agree with this -
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies