Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-08-2008, 09:41 PM

9,891 posts, read 10,828,106 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by geeoro View Post
I have recently been involved in a thread about a young 10 year old being taught how to Bullfight. This led onto a discussion about children of 7 being taken hunting and killing deer by the age of 9. In the 21st Century can anyone give me a good reason why young Children should be taught and applauded for killing Animals.
Are you serious??? If you are, and not just trying to be provacative you need to get and read, Uncle Ted's book, (God, Gun's & Rock'N'Roll). You will get an education AND all the good reasons you can handle and a few you cant!!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-08-2008, 09:46 PM

9,891 posts, read 10,828,106 times
Quote:
Maybe i'm reading the wrong newspapers or seeing false news reports about the high gun crime in the USA. Putting that to one side. Please could you explain why a young child should be taught to shoot animals. It's not for food or survival. I thought the days of Grizzly Adams had gone. Is it a "Macho" thing?
Are you a complete idiot?

Old 08-08-2008, 09:48 PM

11,578 posts, read 13,953,952 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by silas777 View Post
Is this a trick question?

Old 08-08-2008, 09:50 PM

3,454 posts, read 7,411,954 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by silas777 View Post
Obviously.

Guns are part of our culture; and hunting is a part of it as well.

We're Americans, and no matter how hard you liberals try to take away or squelch our traditions and American behaviors, those of us who care about "being American" and what that means, are going to fight you tooth and nail, to the day we die.

Old 08-08-2008, 09:56 PM

1,242 posts, read 2,461,017 times
Quote:
"Stewards of the Land" You mean your family are employed to keep the animal population down? Some "well adjusted" people start by killing animals and then move on to humans. A FBI profiler said that when you look for multi killers you should look into their history and you will find that they started by first killing animals. I'm sure your children Greatday are well adjusted but there are some who are not. How do you tell the difference when teaching them as children how to kill?
The people who are serial killers torture animals and then kill them. Hunters just kill them while bypassing the disgusting torture bit.

Old 08-08-2008, 10:05 PM

3,454 posts, read 7,411,954 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AaronK View Post
The people who are serial killers torture animals and then kill them. Hunters just kill them while bypassing the disgusting torture bit.
Exactly. And then generally, we cut them into bits and eat them.

Got a problem with that? (not you in particular Aaron)

If so, please visit your local slaughterhouse and report back how much more humane the conditions are there.

Old 08-08-2008, 10:08 PM

20,349 posts, read 19,937,992 times
Quote:
In the 21st Century can anyone give me a good reason why young Children should be taught and applauded for killing Animals.
It's simple. Some people like to hunt.

Old 08-08-2008, 10:09 PM

5,408 posts, read 12,669,044 times
man, sitting up in trees and shooting unsuspecting animals is cowardly. so is shooting them while on the ground from a distance. this hunting thing is stupid really. and its not part of US culture. its a culture within the US.

if you really want to see yourself as a hunter. run up on a stag and stab him with a knife. then you can have the label of hunter. or DO use a bow and arrow. like the natives use to. those were real hunters.

i dont like hunting obviously. its a bunch of people who feel good about killing an unsuspecting animal. that really is cowardly.

a lot of times i hear hunters justify these killings by saying that they are perfecting their shooting skills.

if thats the case, do what i do... go to the shooting range. outdoor ones too. thats where i sharpen my marksmanship. and when i want to feel the thrill of killing someone, or a moving thing, i go paint balling.

all good sanitary gun fun!!! its up front. none of this cowardly hiding with a rifle.

Old 08-08-2008, 10:09 PM

20,349 posts, read 19,937,992 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AaronK View Post
Do you eat meat?

Old 08-08-2008, 10:36 PM

5,232 posts, read 8,419,133 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by the one View Post
man, sitting up in trees and shooting unsuspecting animals is cowardly. so is shooting them while on the ground from a distance. this hunting thing is stupid really. and its not part of US culture. its a culture within the US.

if you really want to see yourself as a hunter. run up on a stag and stab him with a knife. then you can have the label of hunter. or DO use a bow and arrow. like the natives use to. those were real hunters.

i dont like hunting obviously. its a bunch of people who feel good about killing an unsuspecting animal. that really is cowardly.

a lot of times i hear hunters justify these killings by saying that they are perfecting their shooting skills.

if thats the case, do what i do... go to the shooting range. outdoor ones too. thats where i sharpen my marksmanship. and when i want to feel the thrill of killing someone, or a moving thing, i go paint balling.

all good sanitary gun fun!!! its up front. none of this cowardly hiding with a rifle.
People dont sharpen their shooting skills hunting. They sharpen them for hunting.
But what can you expect from someone who goes to gun ranges, out door gun ranges! (Whuppie!), to sharpen their skills so they can go shoot paint balls at other people. A person that can compare a fake childish game with the down to earth reality of hunting is a sad person indeed.

Animals are never unsuspecting. Its their nature to question everything & they know things are trying to kill them. The clueless are those that think its better for a cow to live its life only to feed some slob than it is for a deer to live its life until maybe a predator gets it. Most game animals survive, no livestock does.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies