Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-15-2008, 05:31 AM

8,577 posts, read 7,883,210 times

Advertisements

I was unaware that fabric was capable of racial opinions.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BButrell View Post
If he wants to wear the flag of American traitors and racists, I don't care much.

Funny how I'm Southern and that flag doesn't represent my heritage at all.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-15-2008, 05:39 AM

6,760 posts, read 11,653,206 times
Quote:
If he wants to wear the flag of American traitors and racists, I don't care much.

Funny how I'm Southern and that flag doesn't represent my heritage at all.
You mean your heritage as a stereotyper???

Old 08-15-2008, 05:46 AM

3,255 posts, read 5,091,121 times
Hmm, seems the same people who are acting like the confederate flag has no meaning as mere cloth, are the same people who would be jumping up and down if our US stars and stripes were being burned, because of what the flag represents.

Old 08-15-2008, 05:48 AM

I would assume that you would be 100% incorrect. I wouldn't burn an american flag, but would fight for the rights of others to do so. it's an expression of an opinion, but not one I agree with.

Quote:
Originally Posted by janeannwho View Post
Hmm, seems the same people who are acting like the confederate flag has no meaning as mere cloth, are the same people who would be jumping up and down if our US stars and stripes were being burned, because of what the flag represents.

Old 08-15-2008, 06:12 AM

3,255 posts, read 5,091,121 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jmarquise View Post
I would assume that you would be 100% incorrect. I wouldn't burn an american flag, but would fight for the rights of others to do so. it's an expression of an opinion, but not one I agree with.
Very good. I do not understand why people want to wear the stars and bars, and I do not understand why people think burning the flag is a big deal. I just think people make too much of symbols and too little of actions.

Old 08-15-2008, 06:36 AM

5,760 posts, read 8,085,768 times
Schools are not necessarily the appropriate forum for exercising your right to free speech. The young man has the constitutional right to be an idiot, but not necessarily the right to proclaim that on school grounds. It's a little pathetic that he feels the need to associate himself with the biggest losers this country has ever produced, but to each his own.

Old 08-15-2008, 10:59 AM

194 posts, read 299,648 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TXboomerang View Post
You mean your heritage as a stereotyper???
Anyone who walks around supporting that flag is not only a racist, but a stupid one. It's not lost on me that anyone I've known to defends that flag is either 1) white, or 2) jmarquise, who may as well be #1 anyway. (Don't even bother, jmarquise. Blahblahblah devil's advocate and whatnot. I don't care.)

Really, stop it. Nobody's buying that "heritage" bullsh*t. Just say "I support a symbol of treason, kidnapping, rape, murder and the oppression of anyone who doesn't agree" and be finished with it. I'd respect you so much more if you did.

Quote:
Originally Posted by janeannwho View Post
I personally wouldn't give less of a damn, and I'm 4th generation ex-Army.

People have the right to do what they want, as long as they don't break the law. They just don't have the right to do it WHERE they want. And yes, white folks of America, my friends and I were sent home more than once - once for just all dressing in black after a friend of ours was killed. (Wear black when you're in mourning? HOLY GANGBANGING, BATMAN!) I had an assistant principal snatch the Black Panther button off my backpack - a button all of one inch by one inch big. I had another one who saw no problem with my binder being stolen and a swastika drawn on the chest on Bobby Seale. ("Well, if you didn't have it here at school...") Another kid got suspended for having an X baseball cap, and he wasn't even wearing it. But if you went out in the parking lot, all you saw was Rebel flags on cars and trucks, in lockers...you could even get one put on your class ring. I'm so freaking sick of "if I was black" that I could scream.

Now, which white posters here at City Data are going to say the following:

- the Black Panthers were racist
- blah blah blah political correctness
- it's okay to steal/vandalize somebody's things if you don't like their viewpoint
- BButrell is a racist for having a Black Panther Party pin

C'mon, step right up! I know who I'm betting my money on!

Old 08-15-2008, 01:27 PM

5,760 posts, read 8,085,768 times
Well said.

Old 08-15-2008, 01:29 PM

6,760 posts, read 11,653,206 times
Quote:
Anyone who walks around supporting that flag is not only a racist, but a stupid one. It's not lost on me that anyone I've known to defends that flag is either 1) white, or 2) jmarquise, who may as well be #1 anyway. (Don't even bother, jmarquise. Blahblahblah devil's advocate and whatnot. I don't care.)
Again, you prove my point. It is much easier for you to stereotype than for you to disect some simple fact and realize that the same hate groups that have used the Confederate flag in disgusting way to promote their hatred, also have used the American flag as well. I guess we should toss it aside because some would use it for hate rather than reality. But carry on with your narrowminded stereotyping bigotry.

Old 08-15-2008, 01:33 PM

Lmao! :d
Quote:
Originally Posted by bbutrell View Post
anyone who walks around supporting that flag is not only a racist, but a stupid one. It's not lost on me that anyone i've known to defends that flag is either 1) white, or 2) jmarquise, who may as well be #1 anyway. (don't even bother, jmarquise. Blahblahblah devil's advocate and whatnot. I don't care.)

really, stop it. Nobody's buying that "heritage" bullsh*t. Just say "i support a symbol of treason, kidnapping, rape, murder and the oppression of anyone who doesn't agree" and be finished with it. I'd respect you so much more if you did.

I personally wouldn't give less of a damn, and i'm 4th generation ex-army.

People have the right to do what they want, as long as they don't break the law. They just don't have the right to do it where they want. And yes, white folks of america, my friends and i were sent home more than once - once for just all dressing in black after a friend of ours was killed. (wear black when you're in mourning? Holy gangbanging, batman!) i had an assistant principal snatch the black panther button off my backpack - a button all of one inch by one inch big. I had another one who saw no problem with my binder being stolen and a swastika drawn on the chest on bobby seale. ("well, if you didn't have it here at school...") another kid got suspended for having an x baseball cap, and he wasn't even wearing it. But if you went out in the parking lot, all you saw was rebel flags on cars and trucks, in lockers...you could even get one put on your class ring. I'm so freaking sick of "if i was black" that i could scream.

Now, which white posters here at city data are going to say the following:

- the black panthers were racist
- blah blah blah political correctness
- it's okay to steal/vandalize somebody's things if you don't like their viewpoint
- bbutrell is a racist for having a black panther party pin

c'mon, step right up! I know who i'm betting my money on!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies