Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-25-2013, 04:08 PM

1,473 posts, read 3,571,263 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cyborgt800 View Post
Any animal will attack if it feels threatened...they're stupid and have no other means of coping! A CIVILIZED person has options.

A person who is intelligent and secure with themselves doesn't allow another person to control their actions or emotions with WORDS!

I can easily make an insecure, stupid person cross the line by merely using WORDS...when they cross that line, their @ss is mine!

Not allowing yourself to be provoked is not about being manly, tough or proud...actually someone seeking to prove they HAVE those things is showing how weak and insecure they are! Not allowing yourself to be provoked shows character, class and DIGNITY.
You may not have noted that I said "as they define it [dignity]. A cultural definition can lead to all sorts of mayhem. But your rant belies a person who is very insecure and was likely bullied on the playground. Have seen that. People who use lots of words are in trouble in a confrontation. The fact that you were a "door man" speaks volumes like someone who was bullied becomes a cop. Payback time???

But in any case, you missed my point entirely and took off on your own rabbit trail. Whites, many of them, are taught at an early age to be feminized and the idea of manhood and masculinity are severely lacking. And my dad did teach me that when confronted, punch for the nose with no preliminaries and hopefully stun the fool. Then you pound and pound until he is a bleeding mess. You are unlikely to get a KO, but the idea is to beat him senseless while hopefully taking little punishment yourself and retaining your dignity as a man in front of your wife or girlfriend. Naturally, the best way is to avoid a problem with commonsense, but there comes a time when that doesn't work and the bully shows up.

Using my dad's advice, I hit a bigger kid with a brick in elementary school given his propensity for picking on me. Luckily I did not kill him but I got sent to the principals office and had to write on the board a 100 times "I will not....". Of course today, the cops would come and arrest a kid. We love this government indoctrination of having our problems solved by someone else. Often it just doesn't work that way.

My dad was an amateur boxer.

Old 02-25-2013, 04:12 PM

16,956 posts, read 16,748,451 times
What sounds more offensive to you?: "Hey, you n***** or "Hey, whitey?"

Old 02-25-2013, 04:16 PM

78,863 posts, read 46,602,543 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WannaliveinGreenville View Post
What sounds more offensive to you?: "Hey, you n***** or "Hey, whitey?"

Depends if you were raised to be the victim, or not.

Old 02-25-2013, 04:28 PM

2,137 posts, read 1,901,611 times
I have the feeling some people never embraced the whole 'sticks and stones...' philosophy that most 1st and 2nd graders come to understand.

When I hear someone announcing that 'they are offended' my first reaction is usually: good, you probably could use some offending. It will toughen you up a bit and I won't have to hear your blubbering as often.

Old 02-25-2013, 04:31 PM

25,386 posts, read 35,523,276 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by southernnaturelover View Post
Kracker and honky do offend me. White trash doesn't so much because it's only labeling a type of white person, not all white people. "Racist" doesn't bother me at all, I have been called that plenty of times.
Honky and kracker don't bother me. White trash does. No one is trash because of their race. You can call me white all you want because, well, I am. But don't call me or anyone else trash.

Old 02-25-2013, 04:35 PM

25,386 posts, read 35,523,276 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BentBow View Post
I've told this story before. When dss was 8 or 9, he had a friend named Manny who happened to be black. Manny always called him "Whitey". We never thought twice about it until the day Manny shouted from one side of the street "Hey Whitey" and dss made the mistake of waving back and shouting "Hey Blackey". Next thing you know we had a lynch mob on our front lawn. Dss was never allowed to talk to Manny after that. I never got it. Why was it ok for Manny to call dss "Whitey" but racist for dss to call Manny "Blackey". IMO, what each boy did was identical but only one resulted in threats of violence, us being labeled as racists and termination of the friendship. I never once thought of Manny as racist. In a neighborhood where the kids called each other names like "Fu**ing nappy headed ni**er", whitey is tame.

Old 02-25-2013, 04:35 PM

10,553 posts, read 9,646,319 times
There are some sick people posting in this thread.

Old 02-25-2013, 05:04 PM

15,700 posts, read 17,038,590 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ivorytickler View Post
Honky and kracker don't bother me. White trash does. No one is trash because of their race. You can call me white all you want because, well, I am. But don't call me or anyone else trash.
White trash, to me, means someone who has cars on blocks or all kinds of junk littering their yard or wears dirty clothes, practices poor hygine, etc......not just a term for any white person, but a specific type of white person.

When someone says....."they are white trash", everyone knows what kind of people they are talking about.....in my experience, anyway.

That's why I have never thought of "white trash" as a racial slur.

Old 02-25-2013, 06:55 PM

14,416 posts, read 22,475,494 times
If somebody calls another guy whitey, its because he is jealous. Has to be.

Old 02-25-2013, 06:56 PM

14,416 posts, read 22,475,494 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BentBow View Post
100% the truth
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies