Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-26-2013, 05:30 PM

1,473 posts, read 3,573,120 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cyborgt800 View Post
Except that there are public and private grants available to minorities that are NOT available to whites!

When I was going to A&P school I had to get student loans because as a married couple we had made $30k the year before, yet a black man in my class got his entire schooling paid for PLUS the additional Avionics course and he alone made over $30k the year before!

I couldn't even get help from the United Caucasian College Fund...because it's not allowed to exist!

As long as some are gonna bring up slavery...well, the cold fact is that whites did NOT go to Africa and capture blacks. Whites were sold black captured by OTHER BLACKS in Africa.
It's still being done today!

So while whites have stopped buying black slaves, blacks have not stopped enslaving other blacks!

And dare I say that any descendants of slaves have been given far more opportunity and freedom here than if they had stayed in Africa.

FWIW plenty of Eastern Europeans (Whites) arrived on these shore as much less than FREE people!

It's time people stopped whining about the past and started "manning-up"!

You have freedom, choices and opportunity...if you waste them it's on YOU!

Maybe instead of trying to figure out why someone's not upset over stupid insults you should focus on why you ARE!
This is breathtakingly racist. You have a perverse view of history. History means something to people. The Jews come to mind. There was a time not long ago when black people traveling from north to Florida had no place to overnight on the trip nor even a restaurant they could go into for a bite to eat. Blacks were turned away from hospitals meant only for whites and some died as a result. If that had happened to my ancestors, I'd have a major case of anger still. You amaze me but then you also have a lot of company. Just 2 days ago, I saw a copy of a receipt for the sale of a 20 year old female slave just as if you were buying a mule. You think that doesn't stick in memories? I guess you don't. History matters whether you like it or not. For goodness sakes, Nazi POWs housed in this country were treated better and with more respect than black citizens. Give me a break.

Old 02-26-2013, 06:00 PM

5,821 posts, read 5,304,764 times
The Egyptians owned white slaves for thousands of years. My mother picked cotton,
she really had a red neck. My family never had any slaves. You can dwell in the
past, or move on. I frankly don't care what others may call me. I am better than
no one here, and no one here is better than me.

It's time we tried to come together as Americans.

Old 02-26-2013, 08:56 PM

1,738 posts, read 2,078,803 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by glass_of_merlot View Post
No don't think so. I mean ,trailer trash? Most white people don't live in trailers so that does not even makes sense. Lol.
And there is nothing trashy about being white so "white trash" is also stupid and pathetic.
Im telling you, those expression's are just a way to get" back" for all the times they have been called racist slurs.
I see nothing wrong with living in a trailer/mobile home. i grew up in one. my parents owned it, it was well maintained, and it was in a mobile home park that had strict rules and was very nice, and large.
Of course when my parents bought it, in 1972, they had every expectation of actually moving it later on...that's why they bought a MOBILE home. Ha! then I came along.

I always loved the movie the Long Long Trailer with Lucy and Desi

Old 02-26-2013, 08:59 PM

4,505 posts, read 6,483,735 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ollie1946 View Post
This is breathtakingly racist. You have a perverse view of history. History means something to people. The Jews come to mind. There was a time not long ago when black people traveling from north to Florida had no place to overnight on the trip nor even a restaurant they could go into for a bite to eat. Blacks were turned away from hospitals meant only for whites and some died as a result. If that had happened to my ancestors, I'd have a major case of anger still. You amaze me but then you also have a lot of company. Just 2 days ago, I saw a copy of a receipt for the sale of a 20 year old female slave just as if you were buying a mule. You think that doesn't stick in memories? I guess you don't. History matters whether you like it or not. For goodness sakes, Nazi POWs housed in this country were treated better and with more respect than black citizens. Give me a break.

WELL, instead of ignorantly calling my post racist, why don't you go line by line and show what's racist about it?

I'll bet you can't without looking like a fool!

Old 02-26-2013, 09:21 PM

20,524 posts, read 15,906,907 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dalebx28 View Post
I guess money, makes a big different. when we destroyed, killed and stole everything from blacks and took everything from them, then live good and wealthy life base on their destruction. Its easy to not get offended by words. We have other problems, like to who do we leave money, companies and house to.

Today, Black are still stuggling to get ahead and most have priorty all mess up. for example listening to rap music and trying to live it, dressing like stars and not feeding the kids, having drama in every angle of life, not respecting themselves, their family or their baby father or mother, etc.

I don't get offended by words but i do understand that its two different world. and its a struggle without money, or a chance.
Uh; today's Black hood rats live MUCH better than us "shanty Irish" did maybe 100 years ago. We got it together and many Black people did too so racism is NO excuse for not doing well.

Old 02-26-2013, 09:28 PM

4,505 posts, read 6,483,735 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Packard fan View Post
Uh; today's Black hood rats live MUCH better than us "shanty Irish" did maybe 100 years ago. We got it together and many Black people did too so racism is NO excuse for not doing well.

+1

Time to start seeing what's in front of us and stop looking back!

Old 02-26-2013, 09:31 PM

20,524 posts, read 15,906,907 times
Quote:
Uh; that's all well and good looking at history but this is 2013, NOT 1960.

If you're gonna play "history"; us "Irish" had a WORSE rep and were worth LESS than even Black slaves before the Civil War. Things change.

Old 02-26-2013, 09:43 PM

41,110 posts, read 25,740,361 times
Quote:
Living life with that chip on your shoulder must make life miserable. Carrying a chip on your shoulder is just another way to keep people in chains (anger) and Democrats are playing YOU. Is carrying that chip getting you anywhere?

Old 02-27-2013, 06:42 AM

1,473 posts, read 3,573,120 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cyborgt800 View Post
WELL, instead of ignorantly calling my post racist, why don't you go line by line and show what's racist about it?

I'll bet you can't without looking like a fool!
You are still amusing.

Old 02-27-2013, 06:46 AM

25,849 posts, read 16,532,741 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Etienne007 View Post
Why are white people not offended by slurs like kracker, honky or white trash?

Racist/ Nazi, is probaly the most offensive slur to a white person
I work with a group of very NON PC guys and occasionally I'll be called a Nazi or Angry German because of my heritage and very German name. To be honest, I don't really like it very much but it's only words.

I know what I am, I'm 100% American and my Dad was a decorated Marine in WWII so they are just words used in banter to try to break my balls LOL.

I give it right back to them.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies