Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-30-2011, 10:01 PM

48,502 posts, read 96,902,805 times

Advertisements

I thniik Obama is getting what he and other democrats did to Bush. Its really just the same as we saw fopr 8 years and obama still can't keep himslef from doig it two years after elected. But I guess its better to focus attention away from his ploicy failures.Wait until next year as the election nears closer.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-30-2011, 11:31 PM

27,232 posts, read 46,681,263 times
The losing side always bashes the winning side.

I'd rather stay out of the partisanship.

Old 01-31-2011, 08:07 AM

77,771 posts, read 104,810,535 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TKramar View Post
The losing side always bashes the winning side.

I'd rather stay out of the partisanship.
so that is why the Democrats have been blasting Bush? that makes no sense, they won 2 years ago or at least I thought they did??/

Nita

Old 02-01-2011, 03:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by nmnita View Post
so that is why the Democrats have been blasting Bush? that makes no sense, they won 2 years ago or at least I thought they did??/

Nita

Who's Bush? Are you talking about old news again? That's in the past.

Old 02-01-2011, 03:55 PM

19,893 posts, read 18,456,740 times
Get over yourselves, pretty even if you ask me, for both sides are guilty of doing the same thing. Like or not this is politics. Neither side, is guiltless of calling names of each other, and putting the other side down, different methods, same idology.

Old 02-01-2011, 07:44 PM

77,771 posts, read 104,810,535 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TKramar View Post
Who's Bush? Are you talking about old news again? That's in the past.
You are exactly right, that is my point: 2 years ago Obama became our Pres and still the Democrats are attacking Bush. Old news is right so let it die.

Nita

Old 02-02-2011, 04:30 AM

^I never hear of it. Hear them attacking Palin, and other Republicans, but not Bush. Bush is out of the picture.

Old 02-02-2011, 05:53 AM

4,085 posts, read 4,341,538 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by andreabeth View Post
I think the Palin bashing threads lead the Michelle Obama bashing threads by at least 10:1 on this board. The media also shows a definite bias towards going after Palin as opposed to criticizing MO. Now part of this is understandable. Anyone talking smack about MO (or any african-american) could be accused of 'racism' or a 'hate crime'.
Two years later it is now about 100 to 1.

Old 02-02-2011, 07:34 AM

25,231 posts, read 16,952,501 times
Can people from both sides and even those in the middle get nasty at times, absolutely they can. My experience over years on several different discussion boards is that even though the above statement is accurate those with right-handed leanings will revert to insults and personal attack quicker, especially if they run out of facts or they begin to lose an argument. The situation got so out of hand at the last site that I and many other Libs, Moderates and a few of the rational Conservatives quit the site and moved on to this and other sites. I have seen a few Left-handed sites that were nearly as bad, but none where outright insults and personal attacks were allowed by the site owners or Mods. Anyways, that is my experience on who does what the most. None of it should be acceptable, but keep in mind that we are discussing politics, religion and many other sensitive issues and the road can get bumpy. One thing I do like to see is that a site such as this has so many active members, especially on this political section of the site. It speaks highly of America and the World that so many are willing to come here and discuss the issues that face us and occasionally we even learn something more about subjects since we have so many voices, I congratulate everyone that does participate here.
Casper

Old 02-02-2011, 07:44 AM

25,231 posts, read 16,952,501 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nmnita View Post
You are exactly right, that is my point: 2 years ago Obama became our Pres and still the Democrats are attacking Bush. Old news is right so let it die.

Nita
Excuse me but I still hear right-handers bring up Clinton on this board they do it daily, heck it was Clinton this and Clinton that for 16 Years and counting. Bush is still relevant because we are still involved with two wars and an economy that hit near bottom all begun under HIS watch that is fact whether or not you want to admit it makes no difference. By the way bringing up Bush is not an attempt to say everything is his fault, the Dems did their fair share to get us where we are today, but a reminder that this mess did not start 2 years ago and will not be fixed overnight. We now have a more balanced government let us all hope that those actually in office are just as balanced and get to work and deal with the issues, if not 2012 is right around the corner.
Casper
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies