Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-06-2008, 04:55 PM

6,025 posts, read 15,372,585 times

Advertisements

Dude, I say we GO FOR IT!! really!!

Dear Red States...

We've decided we're leaving. We intend to form our own country, and
we're taking the other Blue States with us.

In case you aren't aware, that includes Hawaii, Oregon,Washington,
Minnesota, Wisconsin, Michigan, Illinois and all the Northeast. We
believe this split will be beneficial to the nation, and especially
to the people of the new country of New California.

To sum up briefly: You get Texas, Oklahoma and all the slave states.
We get stem cell research and the best beaches. We get Elliot
Spitzer. You get Ken Lay.

We get the Statue of Liberty. You get Dollywood.
We get Intel and Microsoft. You get WorldCom.
We get Harvard. You get Ole' Miss.
We get 85 percent of America's venture capital and entrepreneurs. You
get Alabama.
We get two-thirds of the tax revenue, you get to make the red states
pay their fair share.

Since our aggregate divorce rate is 22 percent lower than the
Christian Coalition's, we get a bunch of happy families. You get a
bunch of single moms.

Please be aware that Nuevo California will be pro-choice and
anti-war, and we're going to want all our citizens back from Iraq at
once. If you need people to fight, ask your evangelicals. They have
kids they're apparently willing to send to their deaths for no
purpose, and they don't care if you don't show pictures of their
children's caskets coming home. We do wish you success in Iraq, and
hope that the WMDs turn up, but we're not willing to spend our
resources in Bush's Quagmire.

With the Blue States in hand, we will have firm control of 80 percent
of the country's fresh water, more than 90 percent of the pineapple
and lettuce, 92 percent of the nation's fresh fruit, 95 percent of
America's quality wines (you can serve French wines at state dinners)
90 percent of all cheese, 90 percent of the high tech industry, most
of the U.S. low-sulfur coal, all living redwoods, sequoias and
condors, all the Ivy and Seven Sister schools, plus Harvard, Yale,
Stanford, Cal Tech and MIT.

With the Red States, on the other hand, you will have to cope with 88
percent of all obese Americans (and their projected health care
costs), 92 percent of all U.S. mosquitoes, nearly 100 percent of the
tornadoes, 90 percent of the hurricanes, 99 percent of all Southern
Baptists, virtually 100 percent of all televangelists, Rush Limbaugh,
Bob Jones University, Clemson and the University of Georgia.

We get Hollywood and Yosemite, thank you.

Additionally, 38 percent of those in the Red states believe Jonah was
actually swallowed by a whale, 62 percent believe life is sacred
unless we're discussing the death penalty or gun laws, 44 percent say
that evolution is only a theory, 53 percent that Saddam was involved
in 9/11 and 61 percent of you crazy b*****ds believe you are people
with higher morals then we lefties.

By the way, we're taking the good pot, too. You can have that dirt
weed they grow in Mexico.

Peace out,
Blue States

have fun! (it's a cute letter. no, I don't believe we should be split up into two countries!)
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-06-2008, 05:10 PM

109 posts, read 172,904 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by eevee View Post
Dude, I say we GO FOR IT!! really!!

Dear Red States...

We've decided we're leaving. We intend to form our own country, and
we're taking the other Blue States with us.

In case you aren't aware, that includes Hawaii, Oregon,Washington,
Minnesota, Wisconsin, Michigan, Illinois and all the Northeast. We
believe this split will be beneficial to the nation, and especially
to the people of the new country of New California.

To sum up briefly: You get Texas, Oklahoma and all the slave states.
We get stem cell research and the best beaches. We get Elliot
Spitzer. You get Ken Lay.

We get the Statue of Liberty. You get Dollywood.
We get Intel and Microsoft. You get WorldCom.
We get Harvard. You get Ole' Miss.
We get 85 percent of America's venture capital and entrepreneurs. You
get Alabama.
We get two-thirds of the tax revenue, you get to make the red states
pay their fair share.

Since our aggregate divorce rate is 22 percent lower than the
Christian Coalition's, we get a bunch of happy families. You get a
bunch of single moms.

Please be aware that Nuevo California will be pro-choice and
anti-war, and we're going to want all our citizens back from Iraq at
once. If you need people to fight, ask your evangelicals. They have
kids they're apparently willing to send to their deaths for no
purpose, and they don't care if you don't show pictures of their
children's caskets coming home. We do wish you success in Iraq, and
hope that the WMDs turn up, but we're not willing to spend our
resources in Bush's Quagmire.

With the Blue States in hand, we will have firm control of 80 percent
of the country's fresh water, more than 90 percent of the pineapple
and lettuce, 92 percent of the nation's fresh fruit, 95 percent of
America's quality wines (you can serve French wines at state dinners)
90 percent of all cheese, 90 percent of the high tech industry, most
of the U.S. low-sulfur coal, all living redwoods, sequoias and
condors, all the Ivy and Seven Sister schools, plus Harvard, Yale,
Stanford, Cal Tech and MIT.

With the Red States, on the other hand, you will have to cope with 88
percent of all obese Americans (and their projected health care
costs), 92 percent of all U.S. mosquitoes, nearly 100 percent of the
tornadoes, 90 percent of the hurricanes, 99 percent of all Southern
Baptists, virtually 100 percent of all televangelists, Rush Limbaugh,
Bob Jones University, Clemson and the University of Georgia.

We get Hollywood and Yosemite, thank you.

Additionally, 38 percent of those in the Red states believe Jonah was
actually swallowed by a whale, 62 percent believe life is sacred
unless we're discussing the death penalty or gun laws, 44 percent say
that evolution is only a theory, 53 percent that Saddam was involved
in 9/11 and 61 percent of you crazy b*****ds believe you are people
with higher morals then we lefties.

By the way, we're taking the good pot, too. You can have that dirt
weed they grow in Mexico.

Peace out,
Blue States

have fun!
LOL, awesome letter. But we deserve all the Rockies so the border will have to be redrawn just east of them in MT and WY and their populations divided accordingly. So we'll trade the eastern half of Colorado which is already ours. In return they will give us both western Montana and western Wyoming. And quite honestly all of Utah too, current population is just plain S.O.L. We may possibly trade some time share in Mexico for that. Those areas are just too darn pretty to give to the reds. So there will have to be at least some relocation involved.

Old 11-06-2008, 05:53 PM

18,360 posts, read 26,556,584 times
We're going by county. We reds get most of the country.

Old 11-07-2008, 04:39 PM

334 posts, read 1,270,050 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by arctichomesteader View Post
We're going by county. We reds get most of the country.
Ok Then. We get Austin, Atlanta, Charleston, Savannah, New Orleans, Houston, Dallas, San Antonio

Old 11-07-2008, 05:02 PM

4,783 posts, read 3,750,306 times
You can have all the urban blight that you can stomach.

Old 11-07-2008, 06:11 PM

10,239 posts, read 19,642,527 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by eevee View Post
Dude, I say we GO FOR IT!! really!! have fun! (it's a cute letter. no, I don't believe we should be split up into two countries!)
Yeah, I agree it has its humorous high points (the letter has been around a couple of years). However, in the interest of fairness, I am going to post the reply to it, which I discovered while trying to find the original author of the "Dear Red States" letter. Still not sure of where the credit is due on either, but here she be:

Dear Blue States: A Reply From the Red States

Dear Red States… We’ve decided we’re leaving. We intend to form our own country, and we’re taking the other Blue States with us.

Hot Damn. Thanks. You’re like people who have stayed long after the rest of the party goers have gone home. We’ve been hoping you’d finally leave, but we’re too polite to simply throw you out.

In case you aren’t aware, that includes Hawaii, Oregon, Washington, Minnesota, Wisconsin, Michigan, Illinois and all the Northeast. We believe this split will be beneficial to the nation, and especially to the people of the new country of New California.

To sum up briefly: You get Texas, Oklahoma and all the slave states. We get stem cell research and the best beaches.

Well, actually, Minnesota, Michigan, Wisconsin and Washington are typically considered “swing states”, but you can have them. Congratulations. You got two states too cold to live in, a failing automotive industry, and Washington.

As for the beaches, we got the entire gulf coast and the Atlantic up to North Carolina. You got the rocky coast of the northwest and the Jersey Shore (whose tourism board just recently announced their new slogan “Guidos in Speedos”). Again. Congrats.

We get the Statue of Liberty. You get Dollywood. We get Intel and Microsoft. You get WorldCom. We get Harvard. You get Ole’ Miss. We get 85 percent of America ’s venture capital and entrepreneurs.

I don’t mean to quibble with your argument, but Bank of America is the nation’s largest and one of the few solvent banks. It’s located in North Carolina. We’ll take that.

I also suspect that most of the corporate CEOs that built that wealth will move in with us since better than 75% of them vote Republican.

You get Alabama. We get two-thirds of the tax revenue; you get to make the red states pay their fair share.

You can have the tax revenue. We’ll give the other 1/3 back to the people since they know how to spend it better than your army of bureaucrats.

Since our aggregate divorce rate is 22 percent lower than the Christian Coalition’s, we get a bunch of happy families. You get a bunch of single moms.

Please be aware that Nuevo California will be pro-choice and anti-war, and we’re going to want all our citizens back from Iraq at once. If you need people to fight, ask your evangelicals. They have kids they’re apparently willing to send to their deaths for no purpose, and they don’t care if you don’t show pictures of their children’s caskets coming home. We do wish you success in Iraq, and hope that the WMDs turn up, but we’re not willing to spend our resources in Bush’s Quagmire

Since our troops will be coming home in a year under President Bush’s plan anyway, that’s fine with us (NOTE: Yeah, this one didn't work. But keep in mind that many conservatives were also opposed to the war in Iraq

You’re also likely impose strict gun control while we a) have a tendency to support regime change b) have a lot of guns. In addition, since most of America’s nuclear arsenal sits in silos in the red states, if we ever decide we want New California back… Well, let’s just say, “Sleep tight!”

With the Blue States in hand, we will have firm control of 80% of the country’s fresh water, more than 90 % of the pineapple and lettuce, 92 % of the nation’s fresh fruit, 95 %of America’s quality wines (you can serve French wines at state dinners) 90% of all cheese, 90% of the high tech industry, most of the U.S. low-sulfur coal, all living redwoods, sequoias and condors, all the Ivy and Seven Sister schools, plus Harvard, Yale, Stanford, Cal Tech and MIT.

You got me there. Let’s just hope that all the Asian students who are attending those schools will let you mow their lawns when they graduate.

While I will miss the pineapple, I think I speak for my red state family when I say we’re ok giving up the wine and stinky cheese. After all, we still have all the Jack Daniels from Tennesee, all the Coors and Budweiser beer products from Colorado and Missouri, most of America’s steak, and all the cigars we can roll with that North Carolina tobacco.

You also seem to forget that a) we will get most of America’s total acreage. We get America’s strategic oil reserve, we get all the oil in Texas and Alaska. With a much smaller population, we’ll have enough energy to last generations. If we run short, we have no problem drilling off the coast of New California since we know we won’t run into you there. Even if we do, like I said, we have all the guns.

That is a shame about the condors. I hear they’re good eatin’.

With the Red States, on the other hand, you will have to cope with 88 % of all obese Americans (and their projected health care costs), 92% of all U.S. mosquitoes, nearly 100 percent of the tornadoes, 90% of the hurricanes, 99% of all Southern Baptists, virtually 100% of all televangelists, Rush Limbaugh, Bob Jones University, Clemson and the University of Georgia.

I can live with that.

We get Hollywood and Yosemite, thank you. Additionally, 38 % of those in the Red states believe Jonah was actually swallowed by a whale, 62% believe life is sacred unless we’re discussing the death penalty or gun laws, 44% say that evolution is only a theory, 53% that Saddam was involved in 9/11, and 61% of you crazy bastards believe you are people with higher morals then we lefties.

By the way, we’re taking the good pot, too. You can have that dirt weed they grow in Mexico .

Peace out,
Blue States

Ugh! You get Hollywood? Bummer. You’ve just taken on a huge sector of the economy that creates little of actual value, yet gets paid better than most CEOs. But we’re willing to accept that since you have agreed to permanently dispose of Paris Hilton, Rosie O’Donnell, and Britney Spears. Thanks for taking care of that for us.

In closing, let me simply say thank you again. I think this arrangement will work out beautifully.

Old 11-07-2008, 07:14 PM

2 posts, read 3,994 times
I think alot of people are thinking the same thing but sorry north carolina is forever kicked out of the confederacy or what ever were going to call it this time. I think we have two different countrys here anyway It is going to come down to taxing without representing anyway people out here will eventully get sick of it and do something.

Old 11-07-2008, 07:16 PM

2 posts, read 3,994 times
You forgot one thing 95 percent of the *******s and well make sure they leave here and join you

Old 11-07-2008, 07:42 PM

3,326 posts, read 8,881,248 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TexasReb View Post
Yeah, I agree it has its humorous high points (the letter has been around a couple of years). However, in the interest of fairness, I am going to post the reply to it, which I discovered while trying to find the original author of the "Dear Red States" letter. Still not sure of where the credit is due on either, but here she be:

Dear Blue States: A Reply From the Red States

Dear Red States… We’ve decided we’re leaving. We intend to form our own country, and we’re taking the other Blue States with us.

Hot Damn. Thanks. You’re like people who have stayed long after the rest of the party goers have gone home. We’ve been hoping you’d finally leave, but we’re too polite to simply throw you out.

In case you aren’t aware, that includes Hawaii, Oregon, Washington, Minnesota, Wisconsin, Michigan, Illinois and all the Northeast. We believe this split will be beneficial to the nation, and especially to the people of the new country of New California.

To sum up briefly: You get Texas, Oklahoma and all the slave states. We get stem cell research and the best beaches.

Well, actually, Minnesota, Michigan, Wisconsin and Washington are typically considered “swing states”, but you can have them. Congratulations. You got two states too cold to live in, a failing automotive industry, and Washington.

As for the beaches, we got the entire gulf coast and the Atlantic up to North Carolina. You got the rocky coast of the northwest and the Jersey Shore (whose tourism board just recently announced their new slogan “Guidos in Speedos”). Again. Congrats.

We get the Statue of Liberty. You get Dollywood. We get Intel and Microsoft. You get WorldCom. We get Harvard. You get Ole’ Miss. We get 85 percent of America ’s venture capital and entrepreneurs.

I don’t mean to quibble with your argument, but Bank of America is the nation’s largest and one of the few solvent banks. It’s located in North Carolina. We’ll take that.

I also suspect that most of the corporate CEOs that built that wealth will move in with us since better than 75% of them vote Republican.

You get Alabama. We get two-thirds of the tax revenue; you get to make the red states pay their fair share.

You can have the tax revenue. We’ll give the other 1/3 back to the people since they know how to spend it better than your army of bureaucrats.

Since our aggregate divorce rate is 22 percent lower than the Christian Coalition’s, we get a bunch of happy families. You get a bunch of single moms.

Please be aware that Nuevo California will be pro-choice and anti-war, and we’re going to want all our citizens back from Iraq at once. If you need people to fight, ask your evangelicals. They have kids they’re apparently willing to send to their deaths for no purpose, and they don’t care if you don’t show pictures of their children’s caskets coming home. We do wish you success in Iraq, and hope that the WMDs turn up, but we’re not willing to spend our resources in Bush’s Quagmire

Since our troops will be coming home in a year under President Bush’s plan anyway, that’s fine with us (NOTE: Yeah, this one didn't work. But keep in mind that many conservatives were also opposed to the war in Iraq

You’re also likely impose strict gun control while we a) have a tendency to support regime change b) have a lot of guns. In addition, since most of America’s nuclear arsenal sits in silos in the red states, if we ever decide we want New California back… Well, let’s just say, “Sleep tight!”

With the Blue States in hand, we will have firm control of 80% of the country’s fresh water, more than 90 % of the pineapple and lettuce, 92 % of the nation’s fresh fruit, 95 %of America’s quality wines (you can serve French wines at state dinners) 90% of all cheese, 90% of the high tech industry, most of the U.S. low-sulfur coal, all living redwoods, sequoias and condors, all the Ivy and Seven Sister schools, plus Harvard, Yale, Stanford, Cal Tech and MIT.

You got me there. Let’s just hope that all the Asian students who are attending those schools will let you mow their lawns when they graduate.

While I will miss the pineapple, I think I speak for my red state family when I say we’re ok giving up the wine and stinky cheese. After all, we still have all the Jack Daniels from Tennesee, all the Coors and Budweiser beer products from Colorado and Missouri, most of America’s steak, and all the cigars we can roll with that North Carolina tobacco.

You also seem to forget that a) we will get most of America’s total acreage. We get America’s strategic oil reserve, we get all the oil in Texas and Alaska. With a much smaller population, we’ll have enough energy to last generations. If we run short, we have no problem drilling off the coast of New California since we know we won’t run into you there. Even if we do, like I said, we have all the guns.

That is a shame about the condors. I hear they’re good eatin’.

With the Red States, on the other hand, you will have to cope with 88 % of all obese Americans (and their projected health care costs), 92% of all U.S. mosquitoes, nearly 100 percent of the tornadoes, 90% of the hurricanes, 99% of all Southern Baptists, virtually 100% of all televangelists, Rush Limbaugh, Bob Jones University, Clemson and the University of Georgia.

I can live with that.

We get Hollywood and Yosemite, thank you. Additionally, 38 % of those in the Red states believe Jonah was actually swallowed by a whale, 62% believe life is sacred unless we’re discussing the death penalty or gun laws, 44% say that evolution is only a theory, 53% that Saddam was involved in 9/11, and 61% of you crazy bastards believe you are people with higher morals then we lefties.

By the way, we’re taking the good pot, too. You can have that dirt weed they grow in Mexico .

Peace out,
Blue States

Ugh! You get Hollywood? Bummer. You’ve just taken on a huge sector of the economy that creates little of actual value, yet gets paid better than most CEOs. But we’re willing to accept that since you have agreed to permanently dispose of Paris Hilton, Rosie O’Donnell, and Britney Spears. Thanks for taking care of that for us.

In closing, let me simply say thank you again. I think this arrangement will work out beautifully.

A hilarious response to a heavily misguided and stereotyped letter. Brilliant.

Old 11-07-2008, 08:10 PM

10,239 posts, read 19,642,527 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by northbound74 View Post
A hilarious response to a heavily misguided and stereotyped letter. Brilliant.
LOL I agree absolutely it was hilarious and on the mark!

Of course, I want to make clear (in case it wasn't earlier) that the "reply" was not an original one on my own part. Like the first "Letter to the Red States", the response has been circulating for awhile in the 'net.

I would like to shake the hand of the man/woman who wrote the reply though!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies