Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-05-2008, 08:33 AM

220 posts, read 382,317 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sonrise;
The Traditional States of America:

A new nation based on pro growth, low taxes, adherence to traditional Judeo Christian values, respect for all life; alive and pre-born, a fair tax, no more IRS and a Martin Luther King Jr. based policy on race; content of character, not color of skin; i.e no affirmative action but the ability to succeed or fail based on skill and merit. Firm border security and respect for the English language. Open to immigrants but through the legal process.

This country could consist of WV, NC, SC, GA, KY, TN, AL, MS, TX, OK, KS, AR, MO.

The USA is too divided and will only become more so.

Half kidding, but what do you think?
Your plan is impossible because the African Americans living in those states will never go along with such a scheme.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-05-2008, 08:36 AM

5,598 posts, read 15,421,888 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chielgirl View Post
Gotta look at the electoral votes, that's what pulls an election.
Gore won the popular vote, you might remember.
That is exactly why I do not like the electoral vote. There have been four Presidential elections decided by electoral votes overturning the popular vote. While that is not many, it should never be allowed, in my opinion. Everyone's vote should be important no matter where they live.

Old 11-05-2008, 09:51 AM

4,783 posts, read 3,750,123 times
If you didn't have the electoral college California and Texas would be the only two places that would need to vote, everyone else could just stay home. (Not exact, just a statement to illustrate.)

So if everyone wants to live in east LA, yeah, get rid of the electoral college.

Old 11-05-2008, 10:09 AM

42,554 posts, read 87,170,782 times
Afrer your states leave, does any state get to wander back and forth from one couintry to the other, or will they be locked into place whether they like it not at a later date? How will that work. How come you're not including all those good red states north of Oklahoma? How will your draft-dodgers and deserters get to Canada, without the Dakotas to pass through, when you start bombing every country that isn't redneck enough and thinks they have a right to sovereignty?

Old 11-05-2008, 10:23 AM

44 posts, read 283,650 times
Amen and Amen Grannynancy!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Old 11-05-2008, 10:35 AM

8,998 posts, read 14,811,320 times
I am all for liberals in one country and conservatives in another. Sounds ****ing awesome!!

Old 11-05-2008, 10:49 AM

4,783 posts, read 3,750,123 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LiveTodayLez08 View Post
I am all for liberals in one country and conservatives in another. Sounds ****ing awesome!!
I know that we may be diametrically opposed, but I am glad to hear you say it. Maybe people like you and I can make that happen. You can have Amerika and we can have America. See we can all get along as long as we are not forcing our ideas onto our opponents.

Old 11-05-2008, 10:54 AM

8,998 posts, read 14,811,320 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by irspow View Post
I know that we may be diametrically opposed, but I am glad to hear you say it. Maybe people like you and I can make that happen. You can have Amerika and we can have America. See we can all get along as long as we are not forcing our ideas onto our opponents.
I would work together with a Conservative to split the country into two. I think that's something a lot of people can get on board with.

Ya never know....

Old 11-05-2008, 11:05 AM

120 posts, read 461,864 times
that sounds like a really crappy country, texas wants no part of it

Old 11-05-2008, 11:06 AM

18,949 posts, read 43,766,151 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jtur88 View Post
Those states already tried that. They had to be slapped around a little bit.

Why don't you guys just accept the fact that you got your butts whipped by a clear majority, that wants no part of the gun-totin' paradise that you want to turn your trailer park into.

Why don't you accept the fact that most of our military men and women come from those states. If there were another north/south war today the union soldiers would be running around in their panties screaming "what do I do?". As a gay man, even I will admit that liberal men are way too sissy to win a war.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies