Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-25-2012, 11:14 PM

23,655 posts, read 17,562,145 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by liamscott View Post
So can women with PCOS which makes it difficult not get married by your logic, if that's the only prerequisite? How about if a woman or a man are sterile, or past bearing age for women. I guess no more 85 year old women getting married when their husband dies because it's not natural.
They can still have sex the natural way, that is what I was saying. Plus most marriages produce children either by the natural way or adoption. One man and one woman gives the child both genders to see how men and women relate. Unless they want to be gay as well it's better to grow up with both your parents or at least both genders. I don't care how much you want to blur the sexes, they each bring different things to the family and to the children which are equally important.

Old 09-25-2012, 11:18 PM

250 posts, read 663,225 times
Agreed. Civil rights should be there for minorities and the disabled because they are either born into their condition or cannot otherwise control it. But despite what liberals say, I believe no one is naturally homosexual.

Old 09-25-2012, 11:21 PM

465 posts, read 509,248 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by janelle144 View Post
They can still have sex the natural way, that is what I was saying. Plus most marriages produce children either by the natural way or adoption. One man and one woman gives the child both genders to see how men and women relate. Unless they want to be gay as well it's better to grow up with both your parents or at least both genders. I don't care how much you want to blur the sexes, they each bring different things to the family and to the children which are equally important.
Gays can adopt so that odesn't make sense either. 99% of kids raised by glbt (there's been studies of adults that were raised by glbt) turn out straight, and with healthy relationships I might add. Most glbt have straight friends and people of different persuasions I don't know what gay island you're thinking about. Less and less so, most of my conservative bible thumping Christian women friends work outside the home, for example, in the 70s even that wasn't something that was seen, in 2012 it is. It's not always nursing and waitress anymore either. I'm in redneckville where a lot of straight women are more like tomboys heck i've thought some were lesbian so how is that showing a different side than men? If they go hunting and fishing with their husband, it's not the 50s anymore.

Old 09-25-2012, 11:26 PM

23,655 posts, read 17,562,145 times
Quote:
Gays can adopt so that odesn't make sense either. 99% of kids raised by glbt (there's been studies of adults that were raised by glbt) turn out straight, and with healthy relationships I might add. Most glbt have straight friends and people of different persuasions I don't know what gay island you're thinking about. Less and less so, most of my conservative bible thumping Christian women friends work outside the home, for example, in the 70s even that wasn't something that was seen, in 2012 it is. It's not always nursing and waitress anymore either. I'm in redneckville where a lot of straight women are more like tomboys heck i've thought some were lesbian so how is that showing a different side than men? If they go hunting and fishing with their husband, it's not the 50s anymore.
Doesn't matter how tomboy a woman is, in the family she is the mom and she has a husband. A man and a woman and they both have qualities that are important to the child. I guess the child can see how men and women relate when they go over to their friend's house but it wold be better if it was in the home.

Old 09-26-2012, 12:08 AM

22,632 posts, read 14,987,521 times
Many gay people want to marry the person they love, the person they share their life with, the person they consider 'family'.

If heterosexuals alone can enjoy the right to fall in love and marry that person, and gay people can't ... then, in my view, one is a first class citizen and the other is a second class citizen.

Marriage equality is a civil rights issue.

Old 09-26-2012, 12:26 AM

4,002 posts, read 3,914,551 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by movin'on View Post
Whatever. Your argument is ridiculous. There is a reason sisters and brothers don't marry. How many sisters and brothers do you know who have wanted to marry each other? Gaad, I tire of this and I'm not even gay. Gay people are generally intelligent and nice.
I agree ..

And if any of these other nimrods would actually sit down and "READ" the Constitution of the United States of America .. they would discover that Gay Marriage shouldn't even be an issue .. because as "Americans" .. "Living According to the Constitution of the United States of America" .. people are free to do as they please .. you know .. pursuit of LIFE, LIBERTY, HAPPINESS ..

Denying anyone their chance at freedom is very unAmerican, that is, if you look at it from the standpoint of the Constitution.

This nation was founded on the principles of REASON and LAW .. not on the principles of religion.

If your religion seeks to trample the on the inalienable rights of other individuals as they might pertain to "OUR CONSTITUTION" then you aren't any better off than those who would prefer to do honor killings and other such things ..

Oh, and by the way .. I go to church every Sunday, and yes, I am a died in the wool Conservative that really doesn't care much for Obama ..

I also happen to honor and respect the Constitution of the United States of America ..

Old 09-26-2012, 12:34 AM

33,601 posts, read 37,242,647 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Haowen Wong View Post
Agreed. Civil rights should be there for minorities and the disabled because they are either born into their condition or cannot otherwise control it. But despite what liberals say, I believe no one is naturally homosexual.
Well you are wrong.

Old 09-26-2012, 06:02 AM

92 posts, read 108,915 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Haowen Wong View Post
But despite what liberals say, I believe no one is naturally homosexual.

Old 09-26-2012, 06:35 AM

2,920 posts, read 2,805,810 times
Quote:
I never said that people had the freedom to kill and steal I said that predated Judaism learn to read please. So then gay rights is moral, if it's based on natural going by your logic.
What gay right are you talking about? We are talking about same sex marriage here. How is that natural?

Old 09-26-2012, 06:40 AM

2,920 posts, read 2,805,810 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bigskydude View Post
I agree ..

And if any of these other nimrods would actually sit down and "READ" the Constitution of the United States of America .. they would discover that Gay Marriage shouldn't even be an issue .. because as "Americans" .. "Living According to the Constitution of the United States of America" .. people are free to do as they please .. you know .. pursuit of LIFE, LIBERTY, HAPPINESS
Denying anyone their chance at freedom is very unAmerican, that is, if you look at it from the standpoint of the Constitution.
Sure. I bet founding fathers were for gay marriage
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies