Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 10-10-2012, 08:19 AM

10,400 posts, read 15,588,909 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaymax View Post
Heterosexual men who raped male strangers to dominate and humiliate them.

Much as heterosexual men have been doing throughout history. Read the story of the Levite in Judges 19.

It's really bizarre that you people never seem to comment on how disgusting it was for a father to offer his own virgin daughters up to gang rapists. What you might understand if you did a little study, is that the Jews know that this was because Lot could not go against the Abrahamic laws of hospitality. When you invited strangers to stay under your roof as guests, you must protect them. Women and girls had the status of property, so they didn't matter as much as males.

The story of Sodom was a moral lesson about the Law of Hospitality. It had nothing to do with 'homosexuals'.

HOSPITALITY - JewishEncyclopedia.com
I wonder if major league baseball teams are going to start raping opponents that they just beat ( dominated and humiliated ) san francisco beat cincinnati and oakland beat detriot in the MLB playoffs ( any bay area professional baseball players up for some homosexual rape ? )

nope (oh I though so) after the world series is completed the NFL will be having theirs world championship playoff series ending with the (super bowl ) and I wonder will any macho football players be running around looking at the defeated team with erect penis's ?

I can just imagine NBA players running up and down the basketball court in the middle of the ( finals) with a huge erection chopping at the bit to get theirs hands on the team that finished second in the NBA world championship series ( the NBA Finals )

Old 10-10-2012, 09:22 AM

14,917 posts, read 13,105,768 times
Come on guys. This is a thread about civil marriage and the rights it confers. Take the religion talk to the religion forum. It's irrelevant to the topic at hand.

Old 10-10-2012, 09:29 AM

17,291 posts, read 29,411,909 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Howest2008 View Post
I wonder if major league baseball teams are going to start raping opponents that they just beat ( dominated and humiliated ) san francisco beat cincinnati and oakland beat detriot in the MLB playoffs ( any bay area professional baseball players up for some homosexual rape ? )

nope (oh I though so) after the world series is completed the NFL will be having theirs world championship playoff series ending with the (super bowl ) and I wonder will any macho football players be running around looking at the defeated team with erect penis's ?

I can just imagine NBA players running up and down the basketball court in the middle of the ( finals) with a huge erection chopping at the bit to get theirs hands on the team that finished second in the NBA world championship series ( the NBA Finals )

SMH.

This is why education is such an important issue in America today.

Old 10-10-2012, 09:42 AM

10,400 posts, read 15,588,909 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TriMT7 View Post
SMH.

This is why education is such an important issue in America today.

show the internet link that I was responding to smart guy....LOL

Heterosexual men who raped male strangers to dominate and humiliate them.

Much as heterosexual men have been doing throughout history. Read the story of the Levite in Judges 19.

It's really bizarre that you people never seem to comment on how disgusting it was for a father to offer his own virgin daughters up to gang rapists. What you might understand if you did a little study, is that the Jews know that this was because Lot could not go against the Abrahamic laws of hospitality. When you invited strangers to stay under your roof as guests, you must protect them. Women and girls had the status of property, so they didn't matter as much as males.

The story of Sodom was a moral lesson about the Law of Hospitality. It had nothing to do with 'homosexuals'.

http://www.jewishencyclopedia.com/ar...05-hospitality

Old 10-10-2012, 10:15 AM

11,186 posts, read 6,510,171 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vic 2.0 View Post
No. The following does not mean that at all:

"civic marriage in the U.S. is in part to encourage heterosexual couples to bear and raise children"

If you'da said earlier what you just said here instead, I would've given no argument.

Umm, no, the quote you provided did not confirm that any part of the purpose of marriage is to encourage heterosexual couples to bear and raise children.

Taking note that you apparently don't even know what "substantiate the claim" means, what exactly makes the beliefs of your preferred era more worthy of being called "traditional values" than the beliefs of an earlier era? More to the point, if you went back in time to your preferred era, would they be recognized as traditional views, or notable deviations from "traditional values"?

Just as I said, so-called traditionalists who oppose gay marriage pick and choose which "traditional value" to stand for, so much so that they freely accept some deviations from tradition (e.g., equal rights for women) while resisting this particular one (i.e., gays being allowed to marry). You just like to throw the phrase "traditional values" out there because it sounds better to call your views traditional instead of anti-gay. Newsflash: No one's buying it.
My quote was exactly the same in both posts. You conveniently left out the words 'in a marital relationship.' If you don't want to believe that a part of marriage's purpose is to steer, direct, promote, encourage, women and men who intend to have children with each other to do so in the relatively legally structured institution of marriage, as the court quotes prove, remain stubborn and wrong.

I don't use the term 'traditional values.' Never have, not once. The fact is, in this country, an unchanging secular aspect of marriage until 2004 was woman-man. To me that qualifies as a tradition. Traditions can be changed, modified, rejected, but to go back to the beginning era of 'marriage' is goofy.

Old 10-10-2012, 05:55 PM

6,486 posts, read 6,391,422 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jazzarama View Post
My quote was exactly the same in both posts. You conveniently left out the words 'in a marital relationship.' If you don't want to believe that a part of marriage's purpose is to steer, direct, promote, encourage, women and men who intend to have children with each other to do so in the relatively legally structured institution of marriage, as the court quotes prove, remain stubborn and wrong.
Quotes from a court case in relatively modern times do not reveal anything about the original purpose of marriage by any stretch of the imagination.

And one or two people's opinions do not amount to much anyway. I was looking for something official, but it's clear you don't have anything.

Last edited by Vic 2.0; 10-10-2012 at 06:04 PM..

Old 10-13-2012, 06:56 AM

2,920 posts, read 2,798,833 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jjrose View Post
I never said you were, but you have to admit that the biggest push to deny equal rights comes from people quoting their views of God.
There is no ssm or even civil unions in China. Is that Christians fault as well?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies