Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 10-09-2012, 05:26 PM

15,706 posts, read 11,778,898 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Howest2008 View Post
[/b]
nope
What a compelling argument. Guess sticking your head in the sand is easier than facing reality.

Old 10-09-2012, 06:02 PM

6,486 posts, read 6,391,422 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jazzarama View Post
You're dense, or intentionally misunderstanding the quotes for the sake of arguing.

The quotes mean that society is better off if children are born and raised in a committed relationship, referred to in this society as 'marriage.'
No. The following does not mean that at all:

"civic marriage in the U.S. is in part to encourage heterosexual couples to bear and raise children"

If you'da said earlier what you just said here instead, I would've given no argument.

Quote:
I substantiated the claim with court decisions.
Umm, no, the quote you provided did not confirm that any part of the purpose of marriage is to encourage heterosexual couples to bear and raise children.

Quote:
Your claim that one must go back absolute earliest era of 'marriage' to use the word 'traditional' is ridiculous. I won't bother substantiating that claim.
Taking note that you apparently don't even know what "substantiate the claim" means, what exactly makes the beliefs of your preferred era more worthy of being called "traditional values" than the beliefs of an earlier era? More to the point, if you went back in time to your preferred era, would they be recognized as traditional views, or notable deviations from "traditional values"?

Just as I said, so-called traditionalists who oppose gay marriage pick and choose which "traditional value" to stand for, so much so that they freely accept some deviations from tradition (e.g., equal rights for women) while resisting this particular one (i.e., gays being allowed to marry). You just like to throw the phrase "traditional values" out there because it sounds better to call your views traditional instead of anti-gay. Newsflash: No one's buying it.

Old 10-09-2012, 06:51 PM

26,680 posts, read 28,678,403 times
Quote:
i'm not a oppressor of gays and gays have very narrow minds also otherwises gays would have persued equal rights under the institution of domestic partnership or civil unions. GOD also has a very narrow mind like me so i'm in very good company indeed.
Ha. That's funny.

To the rational people here: Why argue with narrow-minded idiots?

Old 10-09-2012, 09:30 PM

15,706 posts, read 11,778,898 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AnUnidentifiedMale View Post
Ha. That's funny.

Guess I'm secretly hoping these people can be reasoned with eventually and that humanity isn't quite this sad. Foolish on my part I know.

Old 10-09-2012, 11:54 PM

13,221 posts, read 12,326,686 times
Quote:
dogs sexuality has nothing to do with human sexuality we don't go around sniffing each other butts.
Hey, they started it, I thought that it was stupid from the get-go

Old 10-09-2012, 11:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rebel12 View Post
Than why is someone projecting human concepts like hetero- hom- and bi-sexuality on dogs? Why am I hearing the gay agenda folks quoting animals research on animals which suppsedly can be homosexual?
It is a fact that homosexuality does happen throughout the animal kingdom.

Old 10-09-2012, 11:59 PM

Quote:
i'm not a oppressor of gays and gays have very narrow minds also otherwises gays would have persued equal rights under the institution of domestic partnership or civil unions. GOD also has a very narrow mind like me so i'm in very good company indeed.
I think the religious right are a conflicted group of people. On one hand they say that homosexuality is a sin and on the other hand the Bible states that one should love thy neighbor. I don't recall any stipulations in the last quote.

Old 10-10-2012, 07:40 AM

10,400 posts, read 15,590,972 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AnUnidentifiedMale View Post
Ha. That's funny.

try being mature and living up to my level by loving people that you don't agree with some of my friends were homosexuals and bi sexuals and I didn't call them IDIOTS !

I though that you were the mature one unidentifiedMale until today,,,,,

Old 10-10-2012, 07:46 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by simetime View Post
I think the religious right are a conflicted group of people. On one hand they say that homosexuality is a sin and on the other hand the Bible states that one should love thy neighbor. I don't recall any stipulations in the last quote.
I'm in the center and not right of center AA independent voter , don't fit your profile in any way whatsoever and I do love my neighbor something that true BIGOTS who were oppressive to AA never
did they are the real idiots and people that should be called onto the carpet and not folks like me.

Old 10-10-2012, 07:55 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fiyero View Post
anthropologist: When Same-Sex Marriage Was a Christian Rite

For the Church to ignore the evidence in its own archives would be cowardly and deceptive. The evidence convincingly shows that what the modern church claims has always been its unchanging attitude towards homosexuality is, in fact, nothing of the sort.

It proves that for the last two millennia, in parish churches and cathedrals throughout Christendom, from Ireland to Istanbul and even in the heart of Rome itself, homosexual relationships were accepted as valid expressions of a God-given love and committment to another person, a love that could be celebrated, honored and blessed, through the Eucharist in the name of, and in the presence of, Jesus Christ.
epic fail you just managed to find a segment of the church that rebeled against the dogma and doctrine of the church that was written down in the " bible " we can find that today in the san francisco bay area the headquarters of the homosexual church and the church of satan (come to think) about it. people just doing whatever they feel like doing , and trying to rewrite the " bible" what really have you prove to me and everybody else that you are trying to convert with this internet link you provided?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies