Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-21-2008, 11:47 PM

26,680 posts, read 28,709,358 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by wanneroo View Post
Snap out of it. There are no property owners rights for heterosexuals. They are gay. They can do whatever they want, when they want and where ever they want. Pretty soon they will be snacking out of your refrigerator at midnight.
It's good to see that you're finally coming around, wanneroo.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-22-2008, 12:04 AM

39,031 posts, read 23,046,231 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wanneroo View Post
snap out of it. There are no property owners rights for heterosexuals. They are gay. They can do whatever they want, when they want and where ever they want. Pretty soon they will be snacking out of your refrigerator at midnight.
lol! :d

Old 11-22-2008, 12:12 AM

702 posts, read 2,297,842 times
I'm not going to read through all 13 pages of this, but all I can say is that it's nonsense. More American lawsuit frivolity.

I am 100% pro-gay rights and 100% non-Christian, but it's this company's choice to market to whom they choose, whether that's heterosexuals, Jewish people, vegans, people who wear purple shoes, or people that believe they can ride the tail of a comet to a new existence. Whatever. Don't like it, don't give them your business.

Now I don't know all the details of the case, but all I can do is SIGH. Again.

Old 11-22-2008, 04:09 AM

8,276 posts, read 12,875,906 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NewMexicanRepublican View Post
When a PRIVATE company is forced to change their business practice at considerable expense to keep a few homos happy, it is a sick environment. Don't like a company's business practice? Don't shop there.

Thats well and good to say. this particular company called me once to ask me about if I liked to find dates in bars... I said no. They continued... Do you have problems meeting people with similar interests, I said yes. The conversation went on for thirty minutes. She was getting so excited because she was hearing all the answers she wanted to. Then when I asked her so you will be able to find me a good man to date with your service.... all of a sudden she wanted off the call. So the theory of don't shop there wasnt afforded me as they solicited me in the privacy of my home on a phone I paid for.
I think te
I lost respect for them" comment is classic... it translates to I don't like you as much since you arent as intolerant as me. I guess I can take this post and use it ...if you don't want to date gay men don't fill out a profile for one.
I don't think the gay dating services would exclude a straight person, as one poster suggests,I just don't think that person would find what they are looking for.
It is curious how sucha topic generates such a deep level of intolerance. It is as if people are offended that this hrat bastion of heterosexual ritual, of on-line dating is compromised now because they are inclusive. What exactly have you lost because others are now served..... It seems not unlike a time when "coloreds" weren't served. Exactly what changed? the company has a new market, they have added revenue... hmmm sounds like the perfect plan for a business that wants to make money. Why do I suspect if e-harmony offered lesbian couples men that wanted to join there would be no objection. Are the women affraid their potential dates have more to choose from? Just what is it that is lost when intolerance falls?

Old 11-22-2008, 04:22 AM

17,842 posts, read 14,405,847 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by reconmark View Post
My Pastor states without hesitation that the day any government official or private party demand he perform such ceremonies will be the day he will close that church down.
Is that a promise?

Old 11-22-2008, 08:57 AM

5,615 posts, read 14,810,044 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Agapeaum67 View Post
It is amazing and disappointing but not surprising that in our society still are many blind,unloving humane beings whose unjust opinions and ideas can discriminate with harsh,violent actions to the gay community. We all deserve equal rights! If jesus, ala,buddha, and all truthful religions agree about love they all agree that the truth will never be silence! Equality for all
So does this mean that I could sue jdate for not catering towards my particular religion?

Old 11-22-2008, 09:02 AM

8,998 posts, read 14,803,835 times
I wasn't aware they were sued to offer the service to gays and lesbians.
Even as a lesbian, I wouldn't want eharmony to offer the service to gay and lesbians if they don't want to.
There are plenty of dating sites out there that cater to gays and lesbians.

Old 11-22-2008, 09:04 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by fnord View Post
I'm not going to read through all 13 pages of this, but all I can say is that it's nonsense. More American lawsuit frivolity.

I am 100% pro-gay rights and 100% non-Christian, but it's this company's choice to market to whom they choose, whether that's heterosexuals, Jewish people, vegans, people who wear purple shoes, or people that believe they can ride the tail of a comet to a new existence. Whatever. Don't like it, don't give them your business.

Now I don't know all the details of the case, but all I can do is SIGH. Again.
I'm with you.

Old 11-22-2008, 09:09 AM

12,169 posts, read 17,665,326 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by scuba steve View Post
So does this mean that I could sue jdate for not catering towards my particular religion?
"Not catering" is not the same as using a religion belief to exclude a specific group of single people. I would not know by looking at eHarmony that is for Christains.

Old 11-22-2008, 09:11 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by calipoppy View Post
Could someone explain to me why the gay community allows the radical elements control the direction of the gay civil rights movements?
You say that as if the gay community is the only community with a radical segment.
Christians, Muslims, Atheists, etc have their radicals.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies