Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-21-2008, 04:02 PM

39,031 posts, read 23,020,628 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by CLTKing View Post
So from now on, American Airlines will also sell front row seats to men, and all women have to sit in the seats by the bathroom. It is a private company, so it can do whatever it wants right?
Not the same. We are talking about forcing a company to alter a fundamental element of their business just to satisfy the vindictiveness of the person suing them.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-21-2008, 04:03 PM

822 posts, read 3,002,937 times
I did hear an argument on the news this morning that made sense - basically that eharmony offers a methodology to match people that is based in, well, heterosexual relationships. So if I were homosexual (and although I am not, my best friend *is* etc.), I would probably look for a more relevant and useful website.

Old 11-21-2008, 04:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by wanneroo View Post
It appears to be quite the opposite as eharmony is now required to set up an alternate service at their expense. It was a conservative heterosexual dating website and purposefully catered to those people. It's a private, not a public company and it's not depriving anyone of anything. If same sex people want to date one another then go to a gay site.

Pretty soon the government will be regulating who we can have as friends or who we can date. Make sure it's all fair and we are not "discriminating".

These tactics by the guy suing eharmony are the same as the Jesse Jackson and Al Sharpton thugs extorting money from private companies.

I think it might be time to start suing gay only sites. After all as a heterosexual I am being excluded!
Maybe we should start a class action law suit!

I'm kidding, ya'all!

Old 11-21-2008, 04:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by karfar View Post
You don't seem to understand, eharmony never advertised itself as a christian dating site. You yourself just said in a later post that eharmony caters to non-christians.
They are a heterosexual dating services which should not be forced to serve homosexuals!

Old 11-21-2008, 04:07 PM

10,503 posts, read 15,566,082 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by msconnie73 View Post
They are a heterosexual dating services which should not be forced to serve homosexuals!
If they want to be known as a heterosexual site, then they should come out in the open & proclaim it. It's very simple actually. And besides, according to their commercials, they seem to have a high success rate which is most likely why people, gay or straight, would want to try their service.

Old 11-21-2008, 04:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by blossom4792 View Post
I did hear an argument on the news this morning that made sense - basically that eharmony offers a methodology to match people that is based in, well, heterosexual relationships. So if I were homosexual (and although I am not, my best friend *is* etc.), I would probably look for a more relevant and useful website.
Exactly! EHarmony is not designed with the "needs" of homosexuals in mind. There's plenty of sites that cater to homosexuals so leave EHarmony alone!

Old 11-21-2008, 04:15 PM

135 posts, read 515,898 times
12 pages of complaining about what? A stupid dating web site? If its on the web then it should be for everyone, not just a select few. If I visit a web site or go to a store that caters to a certain few, I just don't go there simple as that.

The real problem is that some lawyer/judge should have thrown something this stupid out of court and instead put a drug dealer away. Good grief don't you have anything else better to do?

Old 11-21-2008, 04:21 PM

30,354 posts, read 51,942,966 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by msconnie73 View Post
There are plenty of organizations that affirm gays, why do you feel the need to bully Christian organizations? Here lies one of my biggest complaints about the whole gay rights movement (agenda). You won't be satisfied until you have silenced all of those with opposing views.
Good... intolerance SHOULD be silenced. You don't have to agree with gay rights or be gay yourself, but the larger issues of discrimination need to be addressed publicly - or nothing will be accomplished overall.

Old 11-21-2008, 04:25 PM

30,354 posts, read 51,942,966 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by calipoppy View Post
Each and every dating site is not made for ALL people. The people that joing J Date want to meet other Jewish people, same with Black Singles, so on and so forth.
Did you even read my post? I said that when I joined jDate, plenty of NON-Jewish men contacted me... so obviously they aren't a Jewish-ONLY site, and allow people of all faiths to join (which is fine by me). There is a difference between a service that caters to a group, and one that excludes - get it?

Old 11-21-2008, 04:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by gizmo980 View Post
Good... intolerance SHOULD be silenced. You don't have to agree with gay rights or be gay yourself, but the larger issues of discrimination need to be addressed publicly - or nothing will be accomplished overall.
Just because you do not agree with a viewpoint does not mean that it needs to be silenced. This lawsuit was all about using the strong arm tactics of litigation to silencing the opposition until no company would dare do anything that the pro-gay crowd deems anti-gay without fear of being sued.

This is exactly why Prop 8 in California and similar initiatives got passed because we knew that the pro-gay crowd would NOT be satisfied with gay marriage. The next step for these people who are set out on vindication would be going after the churches and DEMAND that they marry them because they are all about silencing the opposition.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies