Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-10-2008, 12:33 PM

2,027 posts, read 4,208,474 times

Advertisements

One of the most horrific Constitutional crises in our nation's history? Really? Drama queen much? What about the Patriot Act? Now that's horrifying. I think you need to straighten out your priorities... And as for your assertion that Obama was elected solely because of his race, it has become clear to me that you are either completely delusional or this whole post is a joke meant to rile people up. Did it ever occur to you that we chose Obama over McCain because we agreed with his platform, were sick of the Iraq war, were sick of the Religious Right, were sick of the way the economy was being treated while in Republican hands, or didn't want McCain and/or Palin in the White House? You conspiracy theorists are really starting to annoy me. Sure, it was kind of cute to watch you all wallow in your own muck trying to "prove" that Obama wasn't a naturalized citizen but at this point you're grasping at straws and desperation is never cute. Just get over yourself already.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-10-2008, 12:37 PM

1,509 posts, read 3,083,140 times
I didn't read the OP's post before I responded earlier.

There is no evidence that Obama was involved in this. In fact, "Blago" cursed Obama out during one of the wiretap recordings. The whole thing is a tempest in a teapot.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tomocox View Post
In what is developing as one of the most horrific constitutional crisis of our nations history, I have some questions.
  1. What if Obama is a part of the Illinois mess?
    a: before inaugaration
    b: after

2: What role will the SCOTUS have?

3: Why did Axlerod say Obama had been in contact with the Gov, but BHO says he hadn't.
The bottom line here is that whether you like or dislike Obama, there is already a credibility gap far wider than LBJ ever dealt with.

This is not a damn Obama thread, but its a "Washington, we have a problem" and how we fix this problem is likely the most important issue our nation will face since 1861.

Old 12-10-2008, 02:01 PM

23,856 posts, read 24,096,161 times
Quote:
Right now, I am truly afraid (for our government)
I'm not afraid FOR our government - I'm afraid OF our government.

Congress is out of control. They're spending like drunken sailors and nobody seems to care. They're forcing banks to make loans that they know won't be paid back. They're going to give the auto industry billions upon billions, instead of making them file bankruptcy so they can get out from under the crushing debt.

We need a wholesale replacement of almost everyone in the House and Senate. It's time that the citizens of this country took it back from the crooks, and let their elected officials know who's really in control on Capital Hill.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bily4 View Post
I think the RedNeck factor worked against him for his race as much as other factors may have worked for him.
I'm not going to go digging for the studies, because I don't care enough to bother, but it's been proven that his race resulted in a net gain in votes. It shouldn't be hard to locate the data if you're truly interested.

Old 12-10-2008, 02:17 PM

4,826 posts, read 14,309,023 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by coog78 View Post
If you are just now scared for our government, where in god's green earth have you been the last 8 years?!?!?!
I am not scared of our government nearly so much as scared for my government. You have been safe for the last 8 years, that is unless you lived in a ghetto. You will be safe for a few more days....

Old 12-10-2008, 02:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by swagger View Post
I'm not afraid FOR our government - I'm afraid OF our government.

Congress is out of control. They're spending like drunken sailors and nobody seems to care. They're forcing banks to make loans that they know won't be paid back. They're going to give the auto industry billions upon billions, instead of making them file bankruptcy so they can get out from under the crushing debt.

We need a wholesale replacement of almost everyone in the House and Senate. It's time that the citizens of this country took it back from the crooks, and let their elected officials know who's really in control on Capital Hill.

I'm not going to go digging for the studies, because I don't care enough to bother, but it's been proven that his race resulted in a net gain in votes. It shouldn't be hard to locate the data if you're truly interested.
You are so right, and then my question is the heck voted for all those incumbents in Congress?

Old 12-10-2008, 02:19 PM

5,407 posts, read 7,793,123 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by swagger View Post
No I am not interested at all. I am willing to wager though that the data may be hard to dig to the bottom of, as many racist redneck types do not like to openly admit this in public.

Old 12-10-2008, 02:20 PM

42,554 posts, read 86,936,034 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by coog78 View Post
If you are just now scared for our government, where in god's green earth have you been the last 8 years?!?!?!
I'm afraid OF our government.

Old 12-10-2008, 02:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lulu101 View Post
I didn't read the OP's post before I responded earlier.

There is no evidence that Obama was involved in this. In fact, "Blago" cursed Obama out during one of the wiretap recordings. The whole thing is a tempest in a teapot.
The word was "if" and the OP dealt with questions of what "if" he's tied to the mess. Certainly enough opportunities to have been.

Old 12-10-2008, 05:05 PM

1,574 posts, read 4,856,024 times
This stuff has been going on forever and at times at even greater levels. Today it's just reacted to more because of the constant ability to have it reported to us from multiple sources 24/7. It does not make it right or minimize the latest scandals, but boy do we quickley forget our history. It's unfortunate, but it's the nature of the beast. It will never be eliminated so we just have to deal with incidents when they arise and press on. The other problem is that folks of all political persuasions literally get brainwashed and rationalize their "teams" malfeasance. We are facing some major challenges in the immediate future and had better get focused and not just on feel good rhetoric. Part of this focus is to terminate the tenures of those in public service who have had questionable, unethical dealings, criminal dealings, etc. But, we keep voting them all back time after time. Bush will be gone in six weeks, but others in Congress and the Senate still persist who should have been jettisoned years ago. Like the saying goes, all politics is local, and this is why the Illinois and Chicago machine has thrived for decades. The same goes for other places in the US. Afterall, Murtha is still here and everyone's favorite Ted Kennedy has maintained a legacy tenure. The list is virtually endless for members of both major parties.

Old 12-10-2008, 05:20 PM

37,177 posts, read 19,179,477 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tomocox View Post

... but BHO was elected solely because of his race.
Well, you just lost all credibility whatever with me, whatever subject you decide to pursue.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies