Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-14-2008, 02:25 PM

4,989 posts, read 10,022,145 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by FeelingCornered View Post
BTW I'm in Anaheim, CA. The city depends very much on cheap labor for the Disney Park and surrounding businesses and so they're very immigrant-tolerant.
Ah, that explains it. I once had a vehicle stolen in Ana-crime! Very sorry to hear of your pedicament. I hate to say it, but there are some battles you simply cannot win (unless you are prepared to take measures that will likely land you in jail). As you have discovered, the "law" and the "Authorities" are plainly on their side. You, as a law abiding US Citizen are clearly at a disadvantage (and depending on the agency you deal with, YOU are often assumed to be the one in the wrong).

You really only have one option. Get the hell out! Either move out of state to a real part of America, or if you must stay in SoCal, move to an area with an active Homeowner's Association. I know that seems counter to many people's aversion to HOA's, but as you see, this is what you can get without one.

This is a main reason I left California many years ago. I can only imagine how bad it must be there for you now!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-14-2008, 02:31 PM

3,413 posts, read 8,837,664 times
What if you called Nancy Grace and some other national commentators that are controversial?

Old 12-14-2008, 02:36 PM

4,250 posts, read 10,451,037 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pirate girl View Post
What if you called Nancy Grace and some other national commentators that are controversial?
Over a bad neighbor issue which occurs on a regular basis daily throughout the US?

Old 12-14-2008, 03:00 PM

3,413 posts, read 8,837,664 times
You never know- someone who is anti immigrant that has the power to make a statement by showing horror stories might get the attention of the local authorities.

Old 12-14-2008, 03:02 PM

4,250 posts, read 10,451,037 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pirate girl View Post
You never know- someone who is anti immigrant that has the power to make a statement by showing horror stories might get the attention of the local authorities.
This thing happens day in, day out, everywhere, all over this country. And local authorities do know of this. The OP has gone to great lengths to draw attention to the situation by contacting many parties. I don't think this is new news, even though I acknowledge it most likely feels like hell to the OP.

It's more like...there are bigger fish to fry. I am afraid the OP has to either get out or learn to accept it.

Old 12-14-2008, 03:06 PM

5,963 posts, read 12,435,562 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bellalunatic View Post
perhaps a nice dark bunker in back woods survivalist Oregon would be more to your liking?
oh wait, then you wouldn't have everyone else to blame.
The problem is when they come to the U.S. they have the nerve to turn the U.S. Flag upside down, put the Mexican flag on top, and "demand" what they want. The U.S. owes them or any other illegal from other countries "nothing." If people come to the U.S., learn to speak English, keep in mind you are not in your own country and abide by our laws. Personally I think all immigration should be stopped immediately until the U.S. gets back on its own feet!

Old 12-14-2008, 03:11 PM

17 posts, read 45,708 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alaskapat528 View Post
The problem is when they come to the U.S. they have the nerve to turn the U.S. Flag upside down, put the Mexican flag on top, and "demand" what they want. The U.S. owes them or any other illegal from other countries "nothing." If people come to the U.S., learn to speak English, keep in mind you are not in your own country and abide by our laws. Personally I think all immigration should be stopped immediately until the U.S. gets back on its own feet!

Oh I forgot to mention: Memorial Day and most other national holidays I have at least 5 neighbors on my block that choose to fly the Mexican Flag and no American flag at all!

What a slap in the face! They come here escaping grinding poverty, corruption and lack of jobs and all of a sudden they become 'patriotic' and nostalgic about the cr*phole they left behind.

Talk about having your pie & eating it too!

Old 12-14-2008, 03:37 PM

94 posts, read 126,596 times
the people who claim to love diversity are those that have the least experience with it and flee from the situations they help create.

Old 12-14-2008, 03:43 PM

3,863 posts, read 6,296,774 times
Default A sincere invitation

Cornered, I cannot imagine your situation!! I totally invite you and the Mrs. here to central PA. I can honestly say, the most we read of illegals in the paper is when they are stopped on the interstate for speeding, vehicle code violations, etc. Oh, there are a few selling drugs and what not, but we know better than to call the authorities. Most folks here take care of 'em, and proper like. It is sad when you are forced to live with a $hitty situation that you did not create. I feel for ya!

Last edited by sirron; 12-14-2008 at 03:44 PM.. Reason: punctuation

Old 12-14-2008, 03:50 PM

10,229 posts, read 16,301,087 times
I didn't read all the replies to this, so I'm probably going to repeat what's already mentioned. But, in case not. . .

Most cities have nuisance laws. They are not the same as private Homeowners Association Laws, which are strictly civil laws in themselves. But nuisance laws concerns abuse of things like noises, non-stop barking dogs, major safety issues with buildings (usually apartments). You should check with Code Enforcement at your City Hall. They should follow up on the issue, maybe even find some agency or organization for the immigrant community to help.

I relate. We have one such family in our culdesac, too, and you wouldn't believe the ruckus that's come from that house. Everything from loud parties to drug-dealing to pitbulls that repeatedly broke loose. Cops have been in and out of there so many times that they began to look like part of our neighborhood. Things finally calmed down some when "the father" of the house went to prison.

Now, another family moved right in next to them, this time a single mother raising two rebellious daughters. Again, a pitbull that has broken loose and caused problems, and one night last week cops were called in to break up a wild party of about 65 underage teenagers drinking. Cops did not arrest any of them; I don't know if the mother of the girls was home but I assume not.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies