Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Is the News Media: Pro-Hamas, Pro-Israel or Fairly Reporting The News
Pro-Hamas 75 35.21%
Pro-Israel 98 46.01%
Fairly Reporting The News 21 9.86%
Other 8 3.76%
Not Sure 11 5.16%
Voters: 213. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-05-2009, 01:54 PM

3,923 posts, read 3,652,139 times

Advertisements

Just as a side note, you people do realize that a very large portion of the Jewish population in Israel are not Jewish by blood. They are Jewish by conversion. There is no such thing as a white Jew( as in biblical Jew)yet these are the men you see prominently running the country while the bloodline Jews are treated as second class citizens. Yes, it's true, just look it up.

And yes, Israel like any other country does indeed have the right to exist. But so does Palestine. And the failure of these two countries to come together as brethren and share the land is the greatest failure of all. They have drawn lines in the sand to try and separate one from the other when they were all poured from the same pitcher. A fact many people try to ignore. These people are family, and like all family feuds it seems it will never end.

But the path to peace lies in the hands of both of these countries if they will simply embrace their histories and except each other as equals. This conflict can not be blamed on just one side no matter how much many of you seem to want to. You must ask yourself why a Palestinian attack is called terrorism but an Israeli attack is called self-defense. Why draw these lines other than the natural inclination to support the Israelis and despies the other Arab nations. After all, we are not there are we? So how do we really know who's been throwing the first punch? We don't. All we have to go on is what we are told by our media. And I am sorry, but that is the last place I am going to get honest information.

Last edited by Reads2MUCH; 01-08-2009 at 03:05 PM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-05-2009, 02:20 PM

3,712 posts, read 6,483,442 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by freedom for gaza View Post
This is my first thread in your forum.

These pictuers are the israeli murders against civilians.

This Israel war against Gaza.

I hope you've heard what has been happening in Gaza.
Many protests have happened around the world.

Here are some pictures from the city under fire, Gaza. Look the Israeli murders against the palestinian people. Who is the terrorist Israel or palestinian people. More than 540 has been killed in 10 days, and more than 2500 has been wounded, 1/8 are in bad situation. children, women, old men and old women has been killed. Gaza Strip is destroyed. Many building are destroyed. The civilians are the victim. STOP The Israeli war against GAZA.

[Mod edited:formatting]

Dude! If this is your first post you are not exactly off to a flying start. Common sense dictates that you link to the more graphic photos and provide a warning so that if people do not want to view dead bodies strewn about, they do not have to. This is a simple courtesy to CD posters and no, I am not interested in hearing about how this shows things like they are. I used to work in a busy trauma center and have seen stuff that would make your hair stand straight on end.

Old 01-05-2009, 02:22 PM

61,286 posts, read 87,516,738 times
so israel needs to overlook being bombarded by missiles bek????
you mean the california apology im so sorry my stupid face got in the way of your swinging fist?

Old 01-05-2009, 02:22 PM

13,247 posts, read 21,862,099 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Reads2MUCH View Post
Just as a side note, you people do realize that a very large portion of the Jewish population in Israel are not Jewish by blood. They are Jewish by conversion. There is no such thing as a white Jewish person( as in the biblical sense) yet these are the men you see prominently running the country while the bloodline Jews are treated as second class citizens. Yes, it's true, just look it up.
What a load of BS. And WE'RE supposed to look it up to prove YOUR idiotic assertion, because why? You're too lazy or too embarrassed to cite a reference?

Well I did look it up. The only reference I can find to that assertion is on the white-supremacy website, stormfront.org. Stormfront White Nationalist Community - View Single Post - Why Jews?

I guess now we know where you get YOUR information. Read2Much indeed.

Last edited by Reads2MUCH; 01-08-2009 at 03:06 PM..

Old 01-05-2009, 02:23 PM

3,712 posts, read 6,483,442 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Reads2MUCH View Post
Just as a side note, you people do realize that a very large portion of the Jewish population in Israel are not Jewish by blood. They are Jewish by conversion. There is no such thing as a white Jewish person( as in the biblical sense) yet these are the men you see prominently running the country while the bloodline Jews are treated as second class citizens. Yes, it's true, just look it up.

And yes, Israel like any other country does indeed have the right to exist. But so does Palestine. And the failure of these two countries to come together as brethren and share the land is the greatest failure of all. They have drawn lines in the sand to try and separate one from the other when they were all poured from the same pitcher. A fact many people try to ignore. These people are family, and like all family feuds it seems it will never end.

But the path to peace lies in the hands of both of these countries if they will simply embrace their histories and except each other as equals. This conflict can not be blamed on just one side no matter how much many of you seem to want to. You must ask yourself why a Palestinian attack is called terrorism but an Israeli attack is called self-defense. Why draw these lines other than the natural inclination to support the Israelis and despies the other Arab nations. After all, we are not there are we? So how do we really know who's been throwing the first punch? We don't. All we have to go on is what we are told by our media. And I am sorry, but that is the last place I am going to get honest information.
Yes, but only one of the two groups is calling for the total annihilation of the other.

Last edited by Reads2MUCH; 01-08-2009 at 03:06 PM..

Old 01-05-2009, 02:34 PM

3,468 posts, read 7,255,643 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by freedom for gaza View Post
HOW manu israeli has been killed???????????
No one

Last I knew... 4.

Old 01-05-2009, 02:35 PM

7,211 posts, read 9,443,802 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by andreabeth View Post
Yes, but only one of the two groups is calling for the total annihilation of the other.
And what are the Israeli child murderers doing in Gaza today..playing nice? No, they're annihilating civilians with a smile.

Old 01-05-2009, 02:38 PM

25,100 posts, read 39,298,037 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Upton View Post
No, they're annihilating civilians with a smile.
I doubt very much it is with a "smile"

Old 01-05-2009, 02:44 PM

11,135 posts, read 14,208,866 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kdog View Post
What a load of BS. And WE'RE supposed to look it up to prove YOUR idiotic assertion, because why? You're too lazy or too embarrassed to cite a reference?

Well I did look it up. The only reference I can find to that assertion is on the white-supremacy website, stormfront.org. Stormfront White Nationalist Community - View Single Post - Why Jews?

I guess now we know where you get YOUR information. Read2Much indeed.
Well Kdog it is just one of those interesting little twists.

Ashkenazi Jews or those who it is believe originated near the Black Sea or from the Khazar empire. The Khazar people were caught between the Persian empire to the east and pressured to convert to Islam while at the same time being pressured from the west by European Christians. So they chose to convert to Judaism instead, and later migrated into eastern Europe. Although many historians still argue over various parts of this.

In a religious context, there are Orthodox Jews that believe to be a true Jew you have to be born from a Jewish mother, grandmother, etc... So since the Ashkanazi Jews of Eastern Europe were converts, they could never be considered as true Jews by many of those among the Orthodox.

Ashkenazi Jews - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

If you wish a more detailed history, there are several other sites but for basic info, wiki should do.

If you are Christian, you may be familiar with the saying where God spoke, "No longer is the covenant of the blood, now it is time for the covenant of the faith". It is believe to mean no longer did God share the covenant with the Jewish people or people of the bloodline, and instead it was the coming age of the faithful and the beginning of the Christian era. Or something to that effect.

Last edited by TnHilltopper; 01-05-2009 at 02:54 PM..

Old 01-05-2009, 02:48 PM

16 posts, read 33,383 times
How come that an army that is supposed to be the most powerful and efficient in the region use F-16 destroyers against helpless innocent civilians?
That is just immoral!!!
By the way, does morality mean something to Olmert and staff?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies