Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-07-2009, 02:40 PM

20,026 posts, read 20,835,571 times

Advertisements

Being Nekkid rocks!
I have no problem with nude anything, as long as it's done repectfully and tastefully.
Clearly printed signs, and not in view of the general public, then so what!
Old, fat, skinny, who cares, if ya don't like it, don't look twice.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-07-2009, 02:48 PM

11,887 posts, read 36,915,317 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by crystalblue View Post
knew youd look!

So, for the conservatives that are anti-govt intrusion in their lives, how would you feel if your local beach decided to go clothing optional?

For the liberals, how would you feel about all that nudity?

and the rest of you?

For those interested, this will give us an idea on how people view nudity.
I like naked people, just so long as they are fit to be seen in public...

Old 02-07-2009, 03:41 PM

7,330 posts, read 15,383,089 times
Oh good God, folks. It's not about seeing nude people. It's about being nude. Some people enjoy it.

It's not for me, really. I prefer to have trunks on. However, if I didn't, who cares?

And honestly. You're posting on a message board, so it's clear you know how to use the internet. If you want the thrill of seeing naked people, you can see them right now. They're just a click away. That's not what nude beaches are for.

Furthermore, someone mentioned the South of France... well in my visits there, I didn't seek or find any "nude beaches"... or any clothed ones, really. I saw lots of people going topless, at least, on the regular, public beaches. Most of them were older folks, mind you. Lots of little kids fully nude. And good for them! I loved being naked before I was taught that it wasn't acceptable anyplace but in the bathtub.

So who cares what folks look like? That's not the point. It's not a voyeuristic thing. Live and let live.

Old 02-07-2009, 06:08 PM

My wife and I love being naked. It's fun. We often prance around our backyard naked on nice summer nights...Our very private and secluded backyard I must add...ha ha!
We have yet to make it to a nude beach though. I went to a few in my youth, and even as a horny young kid, it wasn't what I expected, it was definitely not some fantasy scene out of a teen movie. Just normal people doing the same things you'd see on any "clothed" beach.

Old 02-07-2009, 06:25 PM

11,839 posts, read 28,947,412 times
I really don't care if we have a nude beach or not.

Old 02-08-2009, 04:21 PM

Fortunately, I don't need the beach to be nude, outdoors anyway. I have an awesome backyard, especially for LI standards. My wife and I have always joked around about going to a nude beach though, the concept is very different when you factor in being completely "exposed" in public. From what I know, people that do it regularly, it's not a big deal at all, it's the peole that don't do it that it seems like a big deal to. Makes sense to me.

Old 02-10-2009, 10:09 AM

648 posts, read 1,641,330 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hotkarl View Post
Being Nekkid rocks!
I have no problem with nude anything, as long as it's done repectfully and tastefully.
Clearly printed signs, and not in view of the general public, then so what!
Old, fat, skinny, who cares, if ya don't like it, don't look twice.

Old 02-10-2009, 12:46 PM

14,100 posts, read 28,519,931 times
There's a city in France that is nudist. Can't remember the name of the city at this time.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CarolinaBredChicagoan View Post
Oh good God, folks. It's not about seeing nude people. It's about being nude. Some people enjoy it.

It's not for me, really. I prefer to have trunks on. However, if I didn't, who cares?

And honestly. You're posting on a message board, so it's clear you know how to use the internet. If you want the thrill of seeing naked people, you can see them right now. They're just a click away. That's not what nude beaches are for.

Furthermore, someone mentioned the South of France... well in my visits there, I didn't seek or find any "nude beaches"... or any clothed ones, really. I saw lots of people going topless, at least, on the regular, public beaches. Most of them were older folks, mind you. Lots of little kids fully nude. And good for them! I loved being naked before I was taught that it wasn't acceptable anyplace but in the bathtub.

So who cares what folks look like? That's not the point. It's not a voyeuristic thing. Live and let live.

Old 02-10-2009, 01:02 PM

14,100 posts, read 28,519,931 times
Here's the name of the city in France
Cap d'Agde

Old 02-10-2009, 04:02 PM

8,978 posts, read 16,553,886 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PokerPlayer84 View Post
Is it that much different if they are naked or not? They do not have nude police officers they call in the beach patrol who wear uniforms. Sometimes the people on here amaze me.
OK, I'll take your word for it..maybe the police AREN'T nude....but explain THIS one...how would they be able to "collar" a fleeing suspect on a nude beach? Especially if he had no shirt? And how would they deal with a "flasher"?....not SIMPLE, is it?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies