Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-22-2009, 07:59 AM

3,105 posts, read 3,291,764 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mattie Jo View Post
So does this mean that you approve of rape and torture?

Please show me where GracieJJ said anything like that in the post. The point is it's easy to attack the military when you don't know whats going on over there.

Also, Mattie Jo Clinton had chances to0 kill Bin Laden and never did. So save the BS that this is all President Bushs fault. From the NBC nightly news:

Quote:
The tape proves the Clinton administration was aggressively tracking al-Qaida a year before 9/11. But that also raises one enormous question: If the U.S. government had bin Laden and the camps in its sights in real time, why was no action taken against them?
Quote:
In the fall of 2000, in Afghanistan, unmanned, unarmed spy planes called Predators flew over known al-Qaida training camps. The pictures that were transmitted live to CIA headquarters show al-Qaida terrorists firing at targets, conducting military drills and then scattering on cue through the desert.Also, that fall, the Predator captured even more extraordinary pictures — a tall figure in flowing white robes. Many intelligence analysts believed then and now it is bin Laden.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-22-2009, 09:02 AM

16,880 posts, read 15,201,197 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Foreverking View Post
WHo didnt love it when the crowd started singing that to Bush. Good Riddance to the worst president in history

not only very rude, but I thought carter was worse than bush, and people did not boo him off the stage.

Old 01-22-2009, 11:09 AM

5,004 posts, read 15,353,570 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Packersnut21 View Post
Please show me where GracieJJ said anything like that in the post. The point is it's easy to attack the military when you don't know whats going on over there.

Also, Mattie Jo Clinton had chances to0 kill Bin Laden and never did. So save the BS that this is all President Bushs fault. From the NBC nightly news:
Okay, it was the attitude of both you and GracieJJ, sort of a "Well, s--- happens one:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Packersnut21
I was in 6 years and 2 years IRR and was in OIF so I think I have a handle on what is going on right now thank you.

Does rape happen? yes. The military tires it's best but sometimes bad people get through the cracks it happens. They get punished for what they have done. However your posts paint the picture that when we go over there we just start shooting any and everyone and rape who ever we feel like. Sorry that isn't the way it is. You post links to stories, I have first hand experience over there. Say what you want about members of the military not thinking like me but President Bush had something like a 60+ approval rating with us last time I saw.

I am not sitting here saying President Bush was prefect, he made mistakes. I take offense to people saying disgusting hateful things about and our troops as you have done on multiple occasions.

I wish President Obama the best and hope he can take the country and lead us out of these troubled times.

GracieJJ wrote"

Quote:
Aint it funny how some civies think they got their mind around whats it like to be in the Military. Sorry chielgirl, Mam, you got your knickers in a twist. Whenever this country has to defend itself from it's enemies, please step forward and show us how the Military personel should do their job. I would take any bets if you were drafted that after your first night you'll be the first to run off to the drill sargeant crying and screaming your pants off to go home just like the many panzies i seen in MY TIME!!
It was her reply to yours that I took offense too. I don't think that that the military is all bad, but there are enough men there that are raping women and getting away with it as well as torturing prisoners. And they don't always get punished. Most in the military look away when these things happen. It is as if you are both so busy defending the military and Bush that you don't see or even know what has happened to innocent people in these countries. That is all I am saying.

This has nothing to do with killing Bin Landen, it has to do with rape and torture. So what if Clinton or anyone had a chance to kill him and didn't. Killing him would change nothing anyway. We would still have the taliban. The muslim would still hate us, still want to kill us, and still get another leader to take his place.

The idea that men and or women can go into a war and rape and torture others is Bible based, and this is what our Christian Bible has taught its people to do. And Bush and Cheney felt it was okay to go against internation law and torture others. This is what I am talking about.

Old 01-22-2009, 11:09 AM

4,655 posts, read 5,070,365 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Foreverking View Post
WHo didnt love it when the crowd started singing that to Bush. Good Riddance to the worst president in history
tacky

Old 01-22-2009, 11:16 AM

11,078 posts, read 15,082,780 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by monkeywrenching View Post
not only very rude, but I thought carter was worse than bush, and people did not boo him off the stage.
Yet another one of your minority views.

Old 01-22-2009, 12:46 PM

3,105 posts, read 3,291,764 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mattie Jo View Post

It was her reply to yours that I took offense too. I don't think that that the military is all bad, but there are enough men there that are raping women and getting away with it as well as torturing prisoners. And they don't always get punished. Most in the military look away when these things happen. It is as if you are both so busy defending the military and Bush that you don't see or even know what has happened to innocent people in these countries. That is all I am saying.
Again you are making it sound like we are raping people by the dozens and I can say as some one who was there I never saw nor heard of this on such a scale. Yes it happened a few times, which is far to many, but it's not like our goal is to go out and rape and kill any we see.

Old 01-22-2009, 02:55 PM

5,004 posts, read 15,353,570 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Packersnut21 View Post
Again you are making it sound like we are raping people by the dozens and I can say as some one who was there I never saw nor heard of this on such a scale. Yes it happened a few times, which is far to many, but it's not like our goal is to go out and rape and kill any we see.

It only happens a few times? Okay. I am really glad to know that you trust this. Perhaps it only means that you know nothing about it or don't care to know or that you are not the type of person that would rape women when you are in the military overseas, so you think that no one else would or that only a few would.

Did you know that they have women prisoners overseas, and that these women are saying that they were raped, or don't you believe these women? I saw these women on camera saying that they were raped over and over. But maybe you think that they are lying, just as many disciples or Christians don't believe that their guru or priest is having sex, that these women or boys are lying. Or that these women are lying to make us Americans look bad. Oh, my.

Old 01-22-2009, 03:06 PM

24,620 posts, read 28,286,152 times
Rape in the U.S. Military

According to Amnesty International, and other women’s rights groups working with it on this campaign, there has been an alarming rise in the number of rapes and sexual assaults against women in uniform, especially in Iraq. Who is raping American women soldiers in Iraq? Not Baath party loyalists, or the Al Queada terrorists allegedly pouring into the country – but their fellow American soldiers!

AFN runs public service announcements several times a day on each channel about rape in the military. If they're presenting PSAs, it is a big deal. They don't present PSAs on a topic that's not a big problem.

Yeah, the US needs more soldiers like Packersnut, the kind that think that rape and murder is absolutely ok. NOT.

Old 01-22-2009, 03:08 PM

5,032 posts, read 12,611,786 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sailordave View Post
So does that mean we should have booed and hissed or slapped Carter and Clinton when they left office? Carter left the country much worse off than Bush did but he was allowed to leave without such insulting responses. So childish
With all do respect, this statement is not your best reasoning. And please cite examples how Carter left the country in worse shape than Bush

Old 01-22-2009, 03:45 PM

24,511 posts, read 33,317,235 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by happ View Post
With all do respect, this statement is not your best reasoning. And please cite examples how Carter left the country in worse shape than Bush
Inflation: 13%, Interest rates: 20+%.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies