Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-24-2009, 03:47 PM

17,764 posts, read 39,769,133 times

Advertisements

The Vatican calling Obama ARROGANT???? That's rich.

Please, the republitards MADE SURE every American knew that Obama loved to kill babies (yea right). And it must really burn the bums of every anti-choice person in America that Obama STILL won.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-24-2009, 03:48 PM

38,859 posts, read 25,587,153 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by myusername2008 View Post
when my taxes pay, I have that right! pay out your pocket if you so incline but leave mine alone....
Include a note with your check to the IRS that you want none of your tax dollars to go towards funding abortions overseas. You can do that. Maybe you weren't aware of that. I've known people who indicated that they want none of their taxes to go into one such program or another.

Quote:
maybe you obamatrons should realize that in a democracy we all have our rights, not just some people!!!
Tell me more about this "right" of yours to impose your will on other pregnant women. I'm not at all familiar with that right. Which inalienable right would that be? Enlighten me.

Quote:
i'd recommend it!
Good for you. I'll give it all due consideration, OK?

Old 01-24-2009, 03:55 PM

5,643 posts, read 9,678,435 times
Default Ah, but according to the Catholic Church,

Quote:
I find it funny that you pre-judge me!, so much for change!!

How do I feel, well in my opinion medically needed abortions are understandable and acceptable, I have a wife, and would not want her to die for that reason.

Forcible rape, of course a woman should have a choice, I have no issues there.

But when any one uses abortion as a form of birth control , I will ferociously fight to keep my tax dollars from paying her bills!!!! I did not have children until I was 32 years old, and that was by choice. Americans need to lighten up a bit and educate kids about sex. I went thru many ladies before meeting my wife and have no other children, so I fail to understand the Un-planned pregnancy....damn use a condom, they are quite available.

Am I religious, yes, but not an extremist, why do you seem to think that anyone who values human life is an extremist. Even the Quran states that life is a special thing. Unfortunately there are extremists in all spectrums of religion.
and many of the religious right, birth control IS abortion. By using not just the Morning After Pill, but just plain ordinary bc pills, you MIGHT, I repeat might, to them be preventing implantation of a fertilized egg and that is an abortion too to them.

Besides, to the Catholic Church, ALL form of "artificial" bc are evil. Abstinence Only for the unmarried and "natural family planning" to remain OPEN, and to SPACE children, for "grave" reasons, for the married couples. Sounds very similar to what was the Bush Administration policy was.

Seriously, how many people, catholic or not, are that concerned with fertilized egg "babies" being "aborted"? Probably most aren't concerned at all with abortions in the first few weeks.

These people have taken this to the utmost extreme. That is why they are losing any credibililty they had.

Old 01-24-2009, 03:58 PM

17,764 posts, read 39,769,133 times
Quote:
I find it funny that you pre-judge me!, so much for change!!

How do I feel, well in my opinion medically needed abortions are understandable and acceptable, I have a wife, and would not want her to die for that reason.

Forcible rape, of course a woman should have a choice, I have no issues there.

But when any one uses abortion as a form of birth control , I will ferociously fight to keep my tax dollars from paying her bills!!!! I did not have children until I was 32 years old, and that was by choice. Americans need to lighten up a bit and educate kids about sex. I went thru many ladies before meeting my wife and have no other children, so I fail to understand the Un-planned pregnancy....damn use a condom, they are quite available.

Am I religious, yes, but not an extremist, why do you seem to think that anyone who values human life is an extremist. Even the Quran states that life is a special thing. Unfortunately there are extremists in all spectrums of religion.

I find the "abortion as birth control" debate silly. How many abortions does a woman need to have for you to consider them using it as birth control?

Old 01-24-2009, 04:01 PM

64 posts, read 83,933 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TANaples View Post
and many of the religious right, birth control IS abortion. By using not just the Morning After Pill, but just plain ordinary bc pills, you MIGHT, I repeat might, to them be preventing implantation of a fertilized egg and that is an abortion too to them.

Besides, to the Catholic Church, ALL form of "artificial" bc are evil. Abstinence Only for the unmarried and "natural family planning" to remain OPEN, and to SPACE children, for "grave" reasons, for the married couples. Sounds very similar to what was the Bush Administration policy was.

Seriously, how many people, catholic or not, are that concerned with fertilized egg "babies" being "aborted"? Probably most aren't concerned at all with abortions in the first few weeks.

These people have taken this to the utmost extreme. That is why they are losing any credibililty they had.
I agree that they, not I, Have taken certian issues to extremes. My wive uses BC so why should I be treated as some extremist becuase I have an opinion? I think that abortions should be privatley funded by those who seek them and not laid on the tax payer, that is all.

Old 01-24-2009, 04:01 PM

61,286 posts, read 87,510,121 times
archbishop rino does not speak for the vatican. once again a post about mr obama - accusing him of everything from global warming to corrupting the moral fabric of our society by removing his shirt to swim at the beach with his family.
whats up with that.
the kick in the head these are the same posters that
for the last 8 years preached our civic duty to respect the president.
lookatem now.

Old 01-24-2009, 04:02 PM

38,859 posts, read 25,587,153 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TANaples View Post

Consider this...

Those folks who claim that life begins at conception are by making that claim placing the blame on their god for millions of deaths each year. That's millions. Because over 25% of all pregnancies are ended not by abortion but by miscarriage.

Their god is the biggest abortionist in the universe!

Miscarriage - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Old 01-24-2009, 04:03 PM

64 posts, read 83,933 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by domergurl View Post
I find the "abortion as birth control" debate silly. How many abortions does a woman need to have for you to consider them using it as birth control?
Well, I knew are girl that had 4, I think that qualifies. Some people abuse it, why should I have to pay?

Old 01-24-2009, 04:07 PM

4,156 posts, read 11,018,874 times
"Arrogance" accusation from the VATICAN?!!!!

ROFL

this from the men in dresses who protect their own gay pedophiles.

ROFL ~ now I think I'm gonna puke.

Old 01-24-2009, 04:26 PM

5,376 posts, read 5,353,315 times
Quote:
I have an opinion? I think that abortions should be privatley funded by those who seek them and not laid on the tax payer, that is all.

You either pay for abortions or you pay for a lifetime of welfare and/or prison.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies