Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-28-2009, 02:44 PM

8,231 posts, read 17,325,114 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Theliberalvoice View Post
They said there will be no death penalty. I wonder why!
Maybe it would be too quick?
Texas prisons aren't exactly Disneyland. I have some good ideas about what it will be like for those two in there (don't drop the soap!)
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-28-2009, 02:52 PM

71 posts, read 208,426 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by delusianne View Post
I agree with this. Maybe they dont think it consciously but there are such people definitely. Or in another less dramatic direction, children as pets or dolls, or leverage tools.

I think it must be drugs, too....and no church....and I definitely blame the education system (dont want to fight about that though!). If these "kids" had any reason to suffer through school other than to socialize and break up the 24 hours of soaking up advertising and chasing after "fun" - well things would be different that's all. Thinking of Caylee Anthony's "mother" here too.

People without centers....brrrr.....
Not to take the focus off this tragedy, but does a statement like this not inherently refute religion as purely a centering device?

Please keep in mind that there are plenty of people, myself included, with no relationship with any deity that have no reason or desire to commit such atrocities.

Old 01-28-2009, 04:26 PM

8,762 posts, read 11,578,593 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by momonkey View Post
This is NOT a subject on abortion, momonkey. Gosh, I can count three times in the last two days, I have had to explain things to you.

Why are you so obsessed with Obama? You and CrestView. Every time I read a post, it is about you bashing Obama with something that has nothing to do with him. Why did you post that link? I really hate having to type in all caps to you all the time but you just don't get it. So here we go, for the third time, OBAMA IS A PRO CHOICE PRESIDENT. IT DOES NOT MATTER IF YOU LIKE IT OR NOT!

This is not an abortion debate. And unlike you, I can see what the other side thinks. I respect people who are pro life. I can understand it. It is their right to be how they want to be. Just like I have the right to be pro choice...and I am.

Old 01-28-2009, 04:37 PM

11,078 posts, read 15,087,778 times
Things like this touch even a hardened heart.Awful

Old 01-29-2009, 12:02 AM

8,276 posts, read 12,865,904 times
the headlines are littered with these... remember Caylee.... why do they have kids... why arent thier reproductive rights terminated?

Old 01-29-2009, 12:52 AM

9,408 posts, read 11,937,825 times
So, no death penalty for these roaches. Could not Texas institute a torture penalty for them? I could think of plenty of ways to reward them for their deed.

Old 01-29-2009, 04:03 AM

11,078 posts, read 15,087,778 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 11thHour View Post
So, no death penalty for these roaches. Could not Texas institute a torture penalty for them? I could think of plenty of ways to reward them for their deed.

Old 01-29-2009, 04:25 AM

35,016 posts, read 39,172,024 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by camping! View Post
I don't go to church and certainly don't believe in Jesus, yet I don't, haven't and won't beat my kids.

There are some people for whom instant gratification is what their life is all about --- and what could gratify their bad mood better then being able to beat their child? I'm sure this ***** felt oh so much better as her child laid dying. But religion? I've known people to use religion as an excuse for horrible behavior.
Some people were offended by "no church" - I just meant grounding in their lives. Faith is an excellent example of something that can ground you. I certainly did not mean that people who dont go to church are likely to beat on their kids.

Old 01-29-2009, 07:21 AM

8,185 posts, read 12,644,228 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by delusianne View Post
Some people were offended by "no church" - I just meant grounding in their lives. Faith is an excellent example of something that can ground you. I certainly did not mean that people who dont go to church are likely to beat on their kids.
Thanks for clarifying that -- I would have been very surprised if you had meant it in a negative way, but I had to put it out there that the non religious aren't more likely to beat their kids

And you are right, people do need to be grounded in one form or another, and I certainly have no problem with people who find it through religion. Many, many good things come from those who are religious and I do agree that religion a great way for people to have a moral compass.
In the case of these people though, there moral compass was themselves alone with no thought of others. Narcissism makes for a **** poor religion as we have seen.

Old 01-29-2009, 10:51 AM

3,257 posts, read 6,129,903 times
This woman is less than human and should be treated as such. She is nothing but a monster and deserves to be tortured and beaten as she did her child.

Quote:
Originally Posted by theliberalvoice View Post
"galveston, texas – a slain toddler tried to stop her mother and stepfather from beating her to death by reaching out to her mother and saying, "i love you," a prosecutor told jurors tuesday. The pleas from 2-year-old riley ann sawyers didn't stop her mother, kimberly trenor, from continuing to brutalize her, assistant district attorney kayla allen said in her opening statement at trenor's murder trial.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies