Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-28-2009, 10:48 AM

24,620 posts, read 28,286,152 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rollonper View Post
Welfare queens sometimes drop infants in garbage dumpsters too. Heartless indeed, I have no idea how people can be like this.
Yeah, those horrid welfare queens.
You do understand that 1) that myth was dispelled during the Reagan years when he started that bs rumor; and 2) child abuse is NOT committed by any one group over another.

Your classist attitude loses your point.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-28-2009, 10:48 AM

2,794 posts, read 4,156,528 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Theliberalvoice View Post
I believe her mother told the jury (some of them actually cried) in court.
Oh. Well,I don't blame them,that's for sure. People who hurt children are the lowest of humans. I sure wish I was on that jury.

Old 01-28-2009, 10:53 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by decafdave View Post
Someone that could kill a child like this should be beaten, raped in prison, and then shot by firing squad. Oh and no proper burials. The absolute dregs of humanity...
This is another reason why sex education and birth control should be readily available to all people.

Being pregnant when you can't handle it should NOT be the punishment for sex, as many people on cd state.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sweetclimber View Post
Unfortunately, these kinds of tragedies happen when there are selfish people in society who have no business whatsoever taking care of kids. To these sick individuals they care only about themselves which is too bad for a child
Aren't you against abortion and birth control?
Those with that attitude are just as sick if they think that their bs moralistic attitude doesn't have a negative affect on the general population.
Then they cry outrage.

Old 01-28-2009, 10:53 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by chielgirl View Post
Yeah, those horrid welfare queens.
You do understand that 1) that myth was dispelled during the Reagan years when he started that bs rumor; and 2) child abuse is NOT committed by any one group over another.

Your classist attitude loses your point.
Exactly. There have been several cases,a few very near here in very well-to-do areas of Subruban Kansas City, where the mother dumped the baby in a dumpster. One who had the baby in the toilet at a prom,then went back out to party some more. These were not "welfare queens" ,but spoiled rich girls who didn't want the baby to interfere w/ their lives.

Old 01-28-2009, 11:00 AM

8,762 posts, read 11,574,696 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by KsStorm View Post
Exactly. There have been several cases,a few very near here in very well-to-do areas of Subruban Kansas City, where the mother dumped the baby in a dumpster. One who had the baby in the toilet at a prom,then went back out to party some more. These were not "welfare queens" ,but spoiled rich girls who didn't want the baby to interfere w/ their lives.
Wait..?! WHAT????

After you have a baby, aren't you like tired and in pain (Sorry for asking-I don't have a child)? How can you just have a baby in the toilet and go out to party?!

Old 01-28-2009, 11:08 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Theliberalvoice View Post
Wait..?! WHAT????

After you have a baby, aren't you like tired and in pain (Sorry for asking-I don't have a child)? How can you just have a baby in the toilet and go out to party?!
Good question.... but it was a very well-known case. I'll see if I can Google it for you.

Here you go...

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Melissa_Drexler

Last edited by KsStorm; 01-28-2009 at 11:13 AM.. Reason: found article

Old 01-28-2009, 11:10 AM

Part of it is youth.
They don't suffer like we old(er) folks do.

Old 01-28-2009, 11:19 AM

8,762 posts, read 11,574,696 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by KsStorm View Post
Good question.... but it was a very well-known case. I'll see if I can Google it for you.

Here you go...

Melissa Drexler - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Oh...my....****ing....god.....

I just don't know what to say. I mean...DOESN'T IT HURT to have a baby? I have never seen or heard of a woman who had a baby and then got up 15 minutes later and just parties or even gets up and WALKS.

Old 01-28-2009, 11:52 AM

8,185 posts, read 12,640,468 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chielgirl View Post
This is another reason why sex education and birth control should be readily available to all people.

Being pregnant when you can't handle it should NOT be the punishment for sex, as many people on cd state.

Aren't you against abortion and birth control?
Those with that attitude are just as sick if they think that their bs moralistic attitude doesn't have a negative affect on the general population.
Then they cry outrage.

Oh, for christs sake.....there are no abortion clinics in the great state of Texas?!
She could have had an abortion regardless of whatever the hell sweetclimbers personal position is -- hard to believe I know Really, that is just about as fair as if I said, well Chielgirl since you are prochoice this woman obviously took that heart and decided to perform an incredibly late term abortion.
Both statements are false.

But for whatever the reason, the murderous skank chose not to abort and decided to parent. Why? My personal theory is that bullies like to procreate as it gives them a captive victim to 'vent' on. This is not about anything as lofty as political ideologes, it is all about cowards and bullies beating on the one person who can't fight back.

Old 01-28-2009, 11:57 AM

And people not knowing that they have a choice to breed or not; not having birth control easily available, etc.

It is about education and political ideology, as well.

So everyone who abuses or kills a child is a bully. Not a chance. They can be horribly misguided, have no idea that they have OPTIONS in the area of procreation, be mentally unstable, or a thousand other reasons.

Education is the first step in eradicating problems like this.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies