Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-01-2009, 08:43 AM

10,655 posts, read 18,665,293 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by southward bound View Post
You said that with UHI "you will NEVER have to worry whether you can get medical care or not". I think you need to do some research in the countries that have this type of coverage. Yes, everyone will have coverage, but not everyone will have access to care. Care will be very limited, with long waiting periods. In the countries with UHI people die waiting for medical care. Is that what you wantfor everyone here? Tell me, which country's UHI plan will be the model for ours? Just tell me that.

Your post shows a great deal of bias and lack of understanding, and not just a bit of pride at being part of the "younger generation" that knows it all. Wait a few years -- especially if we end up with UHI -- and you will have good cause to reflect on things. As someone has said, some people - -too many - just want what seems to be good for them, and don't consider anyone else.
You should educate yourself on the current state of UHI overseas. People are not dying waiting for appointments, there is not limited care, there are not long waiting periods.

Take a look at the stats I posted earlier in this thread. We rank below the countries with UHI in EVERY stat.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-01-2009, 08:47 AM

5,224 posts, read 5,013,113 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by newtoli View Post
You should educate yourself on the current state of UHI overseas. People are not dying waiting for appointments, there is not limited care, there are not long waiting periods.

Take a look at the stats I posted earlier in this thread. We rank below the countries with UHI in EVERY stat.

They don't want to hear it. They really don't... it's been pointed out to them ad nauseum on so many threads. They just want to believe what they've been told because they fear something they don't really understand.. and they fear the change... doesn't make them dumb.. actualy just makes them normal..

Time.. it's going to take time... it's like with the collapse of the financial markets.. it has to get really really bad before anyone will say "hey.. we need to fix this".. they need to FEEL the pain rather than working to avoid it.. Otherwise they won't believe that the pain is coming.

Old 05-01-2009, 09:12 AM

25,100 posts, read 39,266,002 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TristansMommy View Post
I know what people do and don't lose. I know people who went through a bankruptcy (fortunately not myself). It varies from state to state.
No, you don't know.

You made statements (false) that are applicable throughout the federal system.

While there are variations from state to state - there are also UNIFORM exemptions in the BK code.

You might want to study it before trying to quote it and giving out false information

Old 05-01-2009, 09:18 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Greatday View Post
No, you don't know.

While there are variations from state to state - there are also UNIFORM exemptions in the BK code.

You might want to study it before trying to quote it and giving out false information

Bottom line.. you get a bankruptcy you lose your credit rating.. you will then have trouble getting car insruance in some states or pay a much higher premium (and btw, that goes for health insurance insome states too!).. you may come up against a wall with employers.. you are looked at as a financial MESS.. THAT doesn't change.

Bankruptcy is embarrasing, demeaning and shouldn't have to occurr because someoen got sick.

Bottom line. you declare bankruptcy and the hospital looses out on money passing the cost on to the rest of us in higher costs to make up the loss.

All the other technical crap is just that.. crap..

Bankruptcy is BAD.. period.. bad for the parties owed and bad for the individual with consequences..

Skirt it all you want by arguing the technicalities of what one loses ore doesn't lose etc.. semantics.. bottom line .. financial ruin , degrading and stress inducing.. imagine having to go through all that after recovering from surgeries or an illness.. imagine having to THINK about those possibilities while battling an illnesss. THAT IS THE POINT after all

Old 05-01-2009, 09:22 AM

Quote:
Bottom line.. you get a bankruptcy you lose your credit rating.. you will then have trouble getting car insruance in some states or pay a much higher premium (and btw, that goes for health insurance insome states too!).. you may come up against a wall with employers.. you are looked at as a financial MESS.. THAT doesn't change.

Bankruptcy is embarrasing, demeaning and shouldn't have to occurr because someoen got sick.

Bottom line. you declare bankruptcy and the hospital looses out on money passing the cost on to the rest of us in higher costs to make up the loss.

All the other technical crap is just that.. crap..

Bankruptcy is BAD.. period.. bad for the parties owed and bad for the individual with consequences..

Skirt it all you want by arguing the technicalities of what one loses ore doesn't lose etc.. semantics.. bottom line .. financial ruin , degrading and stress inducing.. imagine having to go through all that after recovering from surgeries or an illness.. imagine having to THINK about those possibilities while battling an illnesss. THAT IS THE POINT after all
A foreclosure impacts your FICO score more than BK

And, in todays economy, BK is no big deal. IN FACT, you are a better credit risk AFTER a BK is discharged than before (because you cannot file again for at least 6 years).

OBTW - want an example of how "embarrassing" BK is? Donald Trump - currently in BK. He sure looks embarrassed.

Quit while you are ahead TM. You are WAY over your head trying to discussing BK law and consequences.

Old 05-01-2009, 10:01 AM

Quote:
A foreclosure impacts your FICO score more than BK

And, in todays economy, BK is no big deal. IN FACT, you are a better credit risk AFTER a BK is discharged than before (because you cannot file again for at least 6 years).

OBTW - want an example of how "embarrassing" BK is? Donald Trump - currently in BK. He sure looks embarrassed.

Quit while you are ahead TM. You are WAY over your head trying to discussing BK law and consequences.

NO you quite while your ahead.. LOL..

You know.. YOu talk abuot personal responsibility then condone declaring Bankruptcy as a way to get OUT Of personal responsibility for debt.. as if that is an answer to the healthcare crisis.. We can all wrack up the bills and then go bankrupt??? Because that is what you are implying.

Yes.. foreclosure does impact your FICO more than BK.. what does that have to do with anything related to declaring BK because you can't pay your medical bills

Foreclosure .. bad for you.. Bankruptcy .. bad for you...

Donald Trump is not your average AMerican.. hardly and example of Joe Smith.. Bankruptcy is humiliating and stressful. I'm sure it wasn't his proudes moment, nor was it stress free.

Old 05-01-2009, 10:09 AM

Quote:
No, you don't know.

Speaking of false information, did you ever find that AZ Statue that says you cannot be sued on a medical bill if you are paying $1/mo? I can't find it.

I'd like to clear that up in this thread to ensure people are not getting erroneous information regarding payment of medical bills and litigation.

Old 05-01-2009, 10:14 AM

Quote:
NO you quite while your ahead.. LOL..

You know.. YOu talk abuot personal responsibility then condone declaring Bankruptcy as a way to get OUT Of personal responsibility for debt.. .
If you were to try to be unemotional in your thoughts for a moment, I was merely referencing the legal means, provided by the CONSTITUTION OF THE UNITED STATES (did you know that the Constitution provides for the right to Bankruptcy?), to discharge your debts (including income tax debt) if you are unable to pay.

Please note - I'm not "advocating" or "condoning" filing of BK - I'm merely stating a LEGAL FACT. If a client comes to me seeking information regarding the filing of a Bankruptcy, I'm not going to get into any emotional tirade (as you do) and chastise them about how they should be more responsible - No, I'm going to give them the legal FACTS and, if appropriate, represent them in such actions.

I will agree with you though on an issue - most of my clients are not desirous of filing - most would prefer to pay their bills. But, if they cannot, then there are LEGAL options.

Old 05-01-2009, 10:16 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by newtoli View Post
Speaking of false information, did you ever find that AZ Statue that says you cannot be sued on a medical bill if you are paying $1/mo? I can't find it.
It's there - keep looking.

Old 05-01-2009, 10:19 AM

Quote:
It's there - keep looking.
I looked. I do tons of internet research at my current job. All I find are Attorneys advising people that that is not the case.

If you are so familiar with it, you should be able to provide a link quickly, so why not do that?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies