Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Do you believe in Global Warming or Global Cooling
Global Cooling 17 12.50%
Global Warming 59 43.38%
I dont believe in either 60 44.12%
Voters: 136. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-27-2009, 10:12 PM

256 posts, read 750,389 times

Advertisements

I don't have vast knowledge, which is why I'm not going to try to have an intellectual debate about this subject.

That doesn't make burying your head in the sand and reciting a few bull**** "arguments" against global warming any less ignorant, though.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-27-2009, 11:08 PM

8,900 posts, read 15,947,320 times
I think it's pretty obvious global warming is happening. My fiance is a science teacher and can prove it to anyone.

Old 02-27-2009, 11:35 PM

6,381 posts, read 14,576,162 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rachael84 View Post
I think it's pretty obvious global warming is happening. My fiance is a science teacher and can prove it to anyone.
Nobody argues that it doesn't get warmer or colder, it is the fact that since man put a dollar value on it (Rev. Al Gore and the Church of Global Warming) and now blames man, for becoming something that we didn't cause.

The world is going to do what it has done for millions of years, get warmer, and get colder.... That is what the former Ice Ages and melting of them were about (watch the "cartoon" if it is a bit hard to grasp)

It has nothing to do with us or what we want, we are only here for the short term, and when the next meteor hits or super volcano blows, we are out of here.

With the one exception of the guys that want to kill us and getting all the virgins. They are going to get a nuke and set it off in a major city, after that, the rest of everyone will fire their's and we will have our own Nuclear winter just like the two previous disasters would do. Blot out the sun with surface debris and make us extinct from the instant Ice Age....

Get a life, go out and live it.... Everyone quit worrying about the "Sky is Falling", it will when it decides to and this crap about "Carbon Credits" is nothing but a scam for "Sheeple" to follow and throw their money into as if that was going to save us from our own stupidity.

If you want better odds on your money, go to Vegas...

Old 02-28-2009, 12:10 AM

2,245 posts, read 7,194,300 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sandy Springs Rep. View Post
I don't have vast knowledge, which is why I'm not going to try to have an intellectual debate about this subject.

That doesn't make burying your head in the sand and reciting a few bull**** "arguments" against global warming any less ignorant, though.
Ah, so you don't know anything about it, you just regurgitate what others have said about it and call anyone "ignorant" who disagrees with you (including the 1000s of scientists who believe man-made global warming is bull).

Also interesting is how you admit to not knowing too much about it, but can say that the peer-reviewed articles from respectable scientific journals I posted are "bull****" arguments. Remind me again who is in a state of ignorance?

The point is that there is no empirical evidence that "global warming" is caused by humans. There is a plethora of credible scientific evidence that global warming is not man-made. Yet, we have politicians claiming that we need to spend billions if not trillions of dollars solving this "problem" that may very well have no solution. Additionally, no one has even proven that global warming is a problem!

Please keep your political and religious views to yourself.

As for the fiance science teacher...hasn't anyone told him that man-made global warming is not proven? How ridiculously absurd. But I'm sure he has enough of a grasp on chaotic dynamical systems to prove it.

Last edited by ainulinale; 02-28-2009 at 12:20 AM..

Old 02-28-2009, 07:40 AM

6,749 posts, read 22,088,265 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JMT View Post
It seems that the meteorologist who's been in charge of NASA's eight weather satellites for 30 years agrees. In the past four years--the period corresponding to reduced solar activity--all of the rise in global temperatures since 1979 has disappeared. Here's what he found, which was published in the National Post in October:

This past winter in China was their coldest on record. It snowed in Brazil in September, their latest snowfall in recorded history and Brazil's coldest September in 100 years.

Man-made CO2 emissions equal only about 0.0168% of the atmosphere's CO2 concentration which results in a miniscule 0.00064% increase in the absorption of the sun's radiation. These are statistics that the Eco Police ignore while hysterically telling the rest of us how to live.

Besides, the earth's climate has been shifting and changing for thousands of years. Whoever decided that the temperatures in the 1970s were the ideal temperatures that the earth needed and would never and should never again change?

The earth has been hotter before (the Medieval Warm Period, for example), and the earth has been cooler before. We can't make it rain, we can't stop weather fronts, and we can't do anything to change the ebb and flow of the earth's many climates.

We had a local meterologist say about the weather changing here that "No, it's NOT global warming, it's El Nina (or whichever one it is).

Old 02-28-2009, 08:01 AM

1,734 posts, read 5,690,465 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ainulinale View Post
Ah, so you don't know anything about it, you just regurgitate what others have said about it and call anyone "ignorant" who disagrees with you (including the 1000s of scientists who believe man-made global warming is bull).

Also interesting is how you admit to not knowing too much about it, but can say that the peer-reviewed articles from respectable scientific journals I posted are "bull****" arguments. Remind me again who is in a state of ignorance?

The point is that there is no empirical evidence that "global warming" is caused by humans. There is a plethora of credible scientific evidence that global warming is not man-made. Yet, we have politicians claiming that we need to spend billions if not trillions of dollars solving this "problem" that may very well have no solution. Additionally, no one has even proven that global warming is a problem!

Please keep your political and religious views to yourself.

As for the fiance science teacher...hasn't anyone told him that man-made global warming is not proven? How ridiculously absurd. But I'm sure he has enough of a grasp on chaotic dynamical systems to prove it.
Actually I think he meant he isn't an expert...not that he is completely unfamiliar with the subject.

Old 02-28-2009, 08:31 AM

8,900 posts, read 15,947,320 times
It's kind of naive to say that we have NOTHING to do with global warming. Of course we do.

Carbon dioxide has gone way up since the industrial revolution way past any level its ever been before. It's common sense.

Old 02-28-2009, 09:55 AM

1,382 posts, read 2,386,607 times
I believe that supporters of global warming have 'believed'
in global warming with passion from the first second that
they became aware of it. Never a doubt. Their very touchy
about it too. Back when I was aggressive about my athiesm
I would confront christians about their belief in god. They
were without exception civil to me. Globalwarmists on the
other hand sometimes appear to be on the verge of violence.
Enthuiastic suckers. But a bit less tolerant than Believers
of other sorts.

Old 02-28-2009, 10:38 PM

3,131 posts, read 9,378,514 times
Protesting Global Warming . . .

Old 03-01-2009, 04:04 AM

6,381 posts, read 14,576,162 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rachael84 View Post
It's kind of naive to say that we have NOTHING to do with global warming. Of course we do.

Carbon dioxide has gone way up since the industrial revolution way past any level its ever been before. It's common sense.
Carbon Dioxide is part of the natural system that gives us life, we breath it out, plants need it to live and they breath it in and out comes Oxygen... The oceans absort it and puts out oxygen from the plants, it is all in a natural cycle...

There is only so much of it here, we don't create it, it has always been here... it is just another cry for some kind of control....
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies