Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-10-2009, 03:06 PM

3,564 posts, read 5,517,702 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by y2flyy View Post
Rush Limbaugh has called for a boycott of GM to spite Barack Obama!
How can any sensible person (liberal or conservative) NOT see this Lunatic for what he is....A rambling blind one-sided cry baby!

How the heck do you wish more job losses and more heartache for Americans just to stick it to the President?

I'm sorry you lose all respect and credibility when all you stand by is that everything George W Bush did was great and every single thing Obama does or has done is evil and the worst thing for America....
C'mon!

Anyone care to explain the rationale behind this insanity?

DailyTech - Rush Limbaugh, Bloggers Tell Americans to Boycott GM

I'm assuming you made a post on every other "boycott" the past few years?

And half of this board stands by everything Obama does and says everything Bush did was wrong. Which cant be since someone the things are the exact same.

Care to explain your lunacy?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-10-2009, 03:06 PM

5,376 posts, read 5,349,598 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by y2flyy View Post
Rush Limbaugh has called for a boycott of GM to spite Barack Obama!
How can any sensible person (liberal or conservative) NOT see this Lunatic for what he is....A rambling blind one-sided cry baby!

How the heck do you wish more job losses and more heartache for Americans just to stick it to the President?

I'm sorry you lose all respect and credibility when all you stand by is that everything George W Bush did was great and every single thing Obama does or has done is evil and the worst thing for America....
C'mon!

Anyone care to explain the rationale behind this insanity?

DailyTech - Rush Limbaugh, Bloggers Tell Americans to Boycott GM
Maybe GM (and other amercian automakers) should pull their ads from all the stations that broadcast this great american corporate voice of america. Rush will keep spouting until it hits him in the pocketbook.

WHile Rush may not say boycot GM, he basicaly tells you, that anything that is associated the administration is bad, and most american's (by his words - "Anyway, the point is, be it General Motors, be it Chrysler -- whatever else Obama ends up controlling and running -- the American people are not going to want it to succeed.") want anything associated with it to fail.

He's not disagreeing with the statement....

Last edited by plannine; 06-10-2009 at 03:19 PM..

Old 06-10-2009, 03:08 PM

35,016 posts, read 39,172,024 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pghquest View Post
um, Rush Limbaugh doesnt believe in "boycots" and he bought a new GM car last week. Yet another FALSE story by a liberal..

Lets talk about lost respect and credibility now....
Yeah, let's.

Instapundit » Blog Archive » RUSH LIMBAUGH calling for a boycott of GM products. This is actually serious, as I believe his list…

Old 06-10-2009, 03:09 PM

35,016 posts, read 39,172,024 times
This is all orchestrated.

Crazy RW Radio Woman: "Boycott GM, Chrysler": Common Sense Employed, Makes No Dent

Old 06-10-2009, 03:10 PM

1,655 posts, read 3,248,462 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pghquest View Post
um, Rush Limbaugh doesnt believe in "boycots" and he bought a new GM car last week. Yet another FALSE story by a liberal..

Lets talk about lost respect and credibility now....
How is it a false story when he's stated that GM should be boycotted?

Old 06-10-2009, 03:12 PM

26,680 posts, read 28,685,125 times
What's "too far" - especially when it comes to speech? Rush can say whatever he wants, as can you. I, for one, am grateful for that fact.

Old 06-10-2009, 03:12 PM

69,368 posts, read 64,143,658 times
Did you read your own link? It doesnt say Rush called for a "boycott"..

Nearly as many support a boycott of GM products," and I know that's true! (laughing) I've been hearing from people left and right. Nobody wants to support an Obama company. For those of you for those of you that work at GM you have to understand the people angry are not angry at you. They're not angry at General Motors.

Rasmussen said, "26% of the respondents in his poll are going to boycott General Motors products."

He said that OTHERS support a boycott.. Does everyone have to explain such simple things to you in life?

Old 06-10-2009, 03:13 PM

1,054 posts, read 2,156,986 times
How is he going to far?

Is he forcing anyone to boycott anything?

Old 06-10-2009, 03:15 PM

69,368 posts, read 64,143,658 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by vsmoove View Post
How is it a false story when he's stated that GM should be boycotted?
The transcript doesnt even say that HE supports a boycott, the caller supported a boycott...

CALLER: Rush, I -- mega dittos, first off. I just want to say, what you were just talking about there about not buying GM products because of Obama, it's exactly how I feel. I just... I have felt this way now for weeks. I have driven a Chevy Tahoe for several years. In fact, right now I've got about 150,000 miles on it. I won't even look at another one right now, and I just want to say thanks. At least somebody understands what's going on here

Rasmussen: Strong Disapproval of Obama Rises; 24% to Boycott GM

Old 06-10-2009, 03:15 PM

450 posts, read 503,179 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CharlottePirateFan View Post
I'm assuming you made a post on every other "boycott" the past few years?

And half of this board stands by everything Obama does and says everything Bush did was wrong. Which cant be since someone the things are the exact same.

Care to explain your lunacy?
First of all Charlotte the difference is it has been PROVEN that Bush Policies have not worked and HAS attributed to this current financial crisis, the huge federal deficit, and the struggle america is under right now.
Do you deny that?
How can anyone not argue that the Iraq War is a huge mistake, or Bush's spending policies were a huge mistake.
Oh hey how about doing something to stop the Mortgage Financial Crisis?
This country was in the worst shape in a very long time at the end of Bush's term.

How can you NOT blame that on Bush? I mean if it is NOT the fault of the President and leader of the U.S. when the United States is doing bad. THEN WHO FAULT IS IT? Why have a President at ALL?
How can you not argue that Bush was a horrible President?

And I am not arguing that Obama is FDR, Lincoln or Teddy BUT the jury is STILL OUT. No reasonable person knows just yet. He is 6 months into office. Wait until results start rolling in before you cry that Obama's policy is a failure.
I do know that he SEEMS smarter, more engaged, and willing to help America then GW Bush was....
Go listen to all Bush's state of the unions and speeches; to him We were doing fine in Iraq, fine in the economy, oh America was just doing so great!

I know its hard for you extremist but how about giving Obama a chance?

Last edited by y2flyy; 06-10-2009 at 03:26 PM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies