Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-12-2009, 06:15 PM

3,457 posts, read 4,652,642 times

Advertisements

"Something of Historic Proportion is Happening" by Pam Geller

Atlas Shrugs: "Something of Historic Proportion is Happening"

I am a student of history. Professionally. I have written 15 books in six languages, and have studied it all my life. I think there is something monumentally large afoot, and I do not believe it is just a banking crisis, or a mortgage crisis, or a credit crisis. Yes, these exist but they are merely single facets on a very large gemstone that is only now coming into a sharper focus. Something of historic proportions is happening.

[mod edit: copyright]

Last edited by TnHilltopper; 03-15-2009 at 10:37 AM.. Reason: copyright
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-12-2009, 06:23 PM

4,989 posts, read 10,020,037 times

Old 03-12-2009, 06:58 PM

8,978 posts, read 16,553,886 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BigHouse9 View Post

[url=http://atlasshrugs2000.typepad.com/atlas_shrugs/2008/11/something-of-hi.html]Atlas Shrugs: "Something of Historic Proportion is

And that is only the beginning. I thought I would never be able to experience what the ordinary, moral German felt in the mid-1930s. In those times, the savior was a former smooth-talking rabble-rouser from the streets, about whom the average German knew next to nothing. What they did know was that he was associated with groups that shouted, shoved, and pushed around people with whom they disagreed; he edged his way onto the political stage through great oratory and promises. [mod edit: copyright]
Interesting post....MUCH to consider here. Is it 'far out'? Maybe....but I don't think it's a 'far out' as we wish it was.

I'm not an author, but I've been making similar predictions, on similar grounds, for some years now...that nations DO collapse, mostly from WITHIN...and I've used your exact same analogy withe the 'cultured, refined, educated' people of Germany, and how they set things in motion by their OWN ACTIONS that pretty well destroyed their whole country....all with 'their eyes wide open'.

I see this shaping up now, and am particularly concerned that our naive 'love affair' with multiculturalism (a concept with NO track record at ALL), which began in MY 'foolish youth' of the 1960's (I'm a Viet Nam vet) has now 'morphed' into an ugly, unsupportable concept of 'ethnic animosity' which we seem DETERMINED to enter into, yet which has destroyed so many other nations....our "road to Heaven" (multicultural non-judgementalism) could WELL lead (and likely WILL) to the "Hell" of ethnic breakdown and violent, angry confrontation. Sounds 'far out' and 'Sci-Fi' for NOW, perhaps...but things that "can't" happen, have a way of happening.

Doubt my theory? Look for a moment at the "illegal immigration" forum. THOUSANDS of posts, angry, hateful, and furious....and at least 75% of them make only the most PASSING reference to the actual act of illegally entering the US...the vast majority of posts on BOTH sides of the aisle are only a thinly-veiled ethnic "hate-fest". What SHOULD be a simple matter of 'trespass', with nothing more complicated in its remedy than would be building a house without a permit..or driving without a license....or failing to pay your income tax...has, by 'default', been allowed to become a hateful, demonizing, polarizing "war" between ethnic groups and 'apologists'.

Am I overstating this? I think I'm UNDERSTATING it. And if THIS ridiculous 'hate-filled rant' is an example of our 'multicultural future', I shudder to think of what happens when something REALLY divisive comes up...one that can be somehow connected with 'race'. God help us all.

Scary, unreasonable, negative view of a dystopian future? I don't know....but then, as you said, the Germans in the 1930's didn't "know", either. What happened to them 'couldn't happen'....until it did.

One thing's for sure...I for one am not 'scoffing' at you.....(if that helps).

Last edited by TnHilltopper; 03-15-2009 at 10:38 AM..

Old 03-12-2009, 08:21 PM

492 posts, read 961,870 times
I've thought for a while that the country is at that precipice. Will the change happen or will we wake up from the nightmare?

I'm stockpiling macaroni, garlic and Ro-Tel.

Old 03-12-2009, 08:45 PM

4,989 posts, read 10,020,037 times
I forget where I was reading it the other day, but this has actually been written about by others for quite a while. One of the major dismissive points always used by detractors of these types of theories is somehow scoffing at the notion of a Nazi style tyranny here in the US. But the way I've seen this explained before is that the US will indeed end in Tyranny, just not the Tyranny of oppressive violence, but rather the Tyranny of an over intrusive, micro-managing, nanny-state. One where an ever expanding government has regulated and micro-managed even the most minute details of everyday life, and where capitalism and individual exceptionalism have effectively been eliminated as even the strongest achievers are no longer able to rise out of the morass.

What's more, that very nanny-state is not brought about by violent overthrow of the status quo, but willingly through consensus brought about by fear instilled by the government to justify it's expansion by promising protection. Essentially the 1984 scenario. Given our current circumstances, I fear these predictions are becoming more and more plausible every day.

Old 03-12-2009, 08:49 PM

1,535 posts, read 1,633,601 times
People feel it and they are nervous but don't know why, that's why guns started flying off the shelves. The Gov. is not telling the whole truth, and it shows.

Old 03-12-2009, 08:59 PM

27,624 posts, read 21,119,716 times
Quote:

I am a student of history. Professionally. I have written 15 books in six languages, and have studied it all my life. I think there is something monumentally large afoot, and I do not believe it is just a banking crisis, or a mortgage crisis, or a credit crisis. Yes, these exist but they are merely single facets on a very large gemstone that is only now coming into a sharper focus. Something of historic proportions is happening. [mod edit: copyright]
Interesting and more than a little curious that with all of your premonitions and foreboding, you make no particular mention of the past crucial eight years of a crime family running the country.

Last edited by TnHilltopper; 03-15-2009 at 10:39 AM..

Old 03-12-2009, 09:12 PM

7,359 posts, read 10,276,303 times
Quote:

I am a student of history. Professionally. I have written 15 books in six languages, and have studied it all my life. I think there is something monumentally large afoot, and I do not believe it is just a banking crisis, or a mortgage crisis, or a credit crisis. Yes, these exist but they are merely single facets on a very large gemstone that is only now coming into a sharper focus. Something of historic proportions is happening. [mod edit: copyright]
Yes. What's "monumentally large afoot" is called a "paradigm shift." The centuries-old rape of the planet--and of the poor--has now come to an end. We are facing global catastrophe if we do not immediately address climate change. Destructive energy production, toxic food production, massive manufacturing and consumption, deforestation, water scarcity, dangerously unsustainable population levels: the planet has reached its limit. It's myopic to think that we can perpetrate this level of violence against Nature and somehow--magically--it's just all going to be okay. Your extreme state of fear is nothing more than a classic response to paradigmatic social change. It's nothing new. The Crusades, witch-burning, the American Civil War--all responses of ideologically-grounded mass fear and hysteria against a perceived threat to the status quo.

Your fear of Obama is pathological. Perhaps you should consider therapy?

Last edited by TnHilltopper; 03-15-2009 at 10:39 AM..

Old 03-12-2009, 09:14 PM

7,359 posts, read 10,276,303 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sickofnyc View Post
Interesting and more than a little curious that with all of your premonitions and foreboding, you make no particular mention of the past crucial eight years of a crime family running the country.
Indeed.

Old 03-12-2009, 09:14 PM

1,591 posts, read 3,551,908 times
Interesting parallels but the big question I have is: with whose army? I just don't see a left-wing POTUS being able to get a right-wing-dominated military to go along with any diabolical plans.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies