Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-15-2009, 04:45 PM

4,104 posts, read 5,311,261 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by mental_complex View Post
There are more white serial killers and terrorist.

We do everything better.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-15-2009, 04:48 PM

568 posts, read 1,478,881 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GOPATTA2D View Post
We do everything better.
lmaoooo

Old 03-15-2009, 05:02 PM

11,887 posts, read 36,928,893 times
Percentages of people living in poverty are relevant. Blacks, particularly are a minority in the country, and their percentages are higher. Therefore the impact on the black community is higher. Let's not skew the numbers.

Yes, there are plenty of whites in poverty, but the percentages of blacks is much higher.

Old 03-15-2009, 05:09 PM

29,939 posts, read 39,473,584 times
Change baby...change... a united Americaâ„¢.

Old 03-15-2009, 05:15 PM

1,336 posts, read 1,532,582 times
Enough about Black Americans, Why Are 44% of All People Living In Poverty White?
Why are there 21,922,000 white Americans living in poverty? Is it because failed liberal policies? Is it due to a sense of victimization? Is it because white organizations have convinced these people that they can't succeed? Is it a matter of their rural dialect which keeps them from being taken seriously? Just what seems to be the problem?

And, why is it that in urban American in Real Americaâ„¢ poverty rates are higher?

Gotta love that liberal sleight of hand with the stats. The OP wants people to think 44% of whites live in poverty.

But that's not what he said. He says 44% of poor people are white. That's a big difference in wording. Could it be that 44% of people in poverty are white because whites make up 88% of the population? The better question for you to ask is why, according to your information, blacks make up 56% of poor people while comprising only 12% of the population.

I'd say yes, it IS liberal policies, victimization, all those factors the OP listed as the reason blacks are so disproportionately poor.

Old 03-15-2009, 05:20 PM

3,770 posts, read 4,983,192 times
Default Nah!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by GOPATTA2D View Post
We do everything better.
Right now it's the Asians!

Old 03-15-2009, 06:04 PM

61,288 posts, read 87,441,267 times
well for one, divorce, will make you poor --- see the lawyer b4 marriage not after.

Old 03-15-2009, 06:26 PM

4,104 posts, read 5,311,261 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Questionwhy View Post
wow you are one sad sack of ****, why dont you run back to stormfront with the rest of you **** suckers

You really need to read that Handbook. You have issues.

Old 03-15-2009, 09:20 PM

11,944 posts, read 14,787,059 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Synopsis View Post
Percentages of people living in poverty are relevant. Blacks, particularly are a minority in the country, and their percentages are higher. Therefore the impact on the black community is higher. Let's not skew the numbers.

Yes, there are plenty of whites in poverty, but the percentages of blacks is much higher.
You've missed the point of the thread, as have most participating.

-22 million white americans in poverty is not to be ignored.

- the real sleight of hand going on has been parsing apart by race categories who is in poverty for the purpose of declaring war upon the poor themselves. Poverty is the common issue among them all, and if you're black poor or white poor shouldn't be given the weight it has for how many decades now? Time to see this in a whole new light.

- 44% represents ALL poor in America, not graded by color shades. They are ALL americans. To distinguish otherwise is racism. Yes, blacks have been racist when they're all too willing to ignore the plight of impoverished white, latino, or puertorican eskimos. It doesn't MATTER. 44% of this country realizing that they need better policy for themselves does. Divide them against one another in race card wars ensures poverty and crime escalate. Who profits from this retardation?

-Each one of these people (in 44% category) has a laundry list of reasons why, and the only things gov't can reasonably deliver to assist are the 'common themes' of poverty. The rest truly is squarely on the individual, and the local community that might facilitate them better into self sufficiency. Those not waiting for the gov't to come through are the nomadic americans chasing the economy around the whole country. That has a price that people didn't count on when cheering on an artificial economic boom.

- ONE story of women... rurally poor and religious; Mom encouraging her daughter to forget about college, land a hubby the way god intended her to, and only bother having skills of motherhood & housekeeping. What does that translate to if she marries an addict, he's fickle about commitment to his family or she finds herself widowed young? I'm not about to interfere with someones version of their religion, but I find it difficult to listen to them whine about poverty when in some ways they've willfully hobbled themselves for religious observance criteria. Sorry, I can't help you.

I'll leave my door open for anyone serious about higher education for tutoring. Beyond that the rest is on them, and the traditions they mean to carry out with their own lives on their own dime.

- It's my understanding, personal experience + input from my social worker little sis, that the psychological impediments are what keep poor people right where they are until they break the victim mindset. It doesn't matter how old, what color, or whatever other parsing of shades you want to chop up 44%. In many ways the self talk downward spiral mimics the spiral of addiction. I find this no small accident.

Old 03-15-2009, 11:07 PM

3,536 posts, read 5,908,694 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by greatescape View Post
Have you checked our crime rates lately?

Blacks are 13% of the population but commit 52% of all homicides and even more violent crime. There is next to no White-on-Black crime compared to Black-on-White... How many Whites rape Blacks compared to Blacks raping Whites?

What about the Channon Christian case? What do you think would happen if Whites did this?

Whites are told we're evil blah blah blah by the P.C Media Controllers who would reject the same policies they promote in the U.S in Israel. But if anyone actually knew this country's true crime rate I feel there would be an uproar.
My point remains the same. Notice I did not say EVERY White person who murders a Black person is racist. I simply stated the reason for White on Black crime. I find it odd that you are up in arms for nothing. Irrational exeburance.

As for the first part...why do you think this is? Don't you find it odd that poverty, regardless of race, breeds crime? Also, isn't it odd that the majority of these murders are based upon our screwed up drug policies (lack of rehabilitation (so once released from jail, they continue to use) or lack of liberal drug policies (drug cartels and gang violence)). You spin it to seem that the majority of Blacks who murder do so on racially motivated crimes, where that simply is not the case.

I guess the gist of this is calling your post a little on the irrational side.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies