Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-24-2009, 10:46 PM

1,067 posts, read 2,982,920 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by ovcatto View Post
I have no ideas as to how this thread has stayed at the top of the food chain, but I heard a great piece on NPR's Fresh Air, an interview with John Goodwin of the Humaine Society and Sean Moore a former dog fighter.

Fresh Air from WHYY : NPR

PS- I don't have a dog in this fight.
Thank you, and NPR does indeed provide great material on all subjects. I'll confess right now that I haven't listened to the radio program all the way through, as that's more of an early week activity than an end of week one.

Just based on initial premonition, though, this is a good time to note that, while bull dogs are a significant factor in dog fighting, dog fighting is not a significant factor in bull dogs. There are many arenas in which bull dogs are dependable family pets and farm laborers, but those arenas require trainers who aren't macho jerks or negligent fools.

Old 09-25-2009, 04:23 PM

7,380 posts, read 15,695,736 times
someone posted this in the dog forum... very sad...

Inside Denver's "Pit Bull Row" - Denver News - The Latest Word

Old 09-25-2009, 04:32 PM

19,112 posts, read 30,671,225 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by groar View Post
someone posted this in the dog forum... very sad...

Inside Denver's "Pit Bull Row" - Denver News - The Latest Word
oh.my.gosh.

The 'pit' on the first page looks just like my little Lola, except Lola is pure black. I pity the fool who would try to take my well behaved, well mannered sweet as pie dog away from me just because she 'kind of looks like she might be part pit bull'. Hell would be raised!

So, I'm now sitting here at work (on break, shush) tearing up because of all those dogs being euthenized for no reason other than they 'might' look like a breed that is banned.

How can people be so callous and uncaring????

Old 09-25-2009, 04:36 PM

what a scary monster.

sorry to upset you, JetJockey. i'd just like some of the regular posters on this thread to look what they're condoning in the face.

Old 09-25-2009, 04:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by groar View Post
what a scary monster.

sorry to upset you, JetJockey. i'd just like some of the regular posters on this thread to look what they're condoning in the face.

I understand.

Old 09-25-2009, 05:46 PM

20,169 posts, read 24,371,195 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JetJockey View Post

I understand.
Understand, then, that they sometimes look like this:

And do this:

http://pit-bulls.christianfunfair.org/pit-bull-att-image.gif (broken link)

Old 09-25-2009, 05:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yeledaf View Post

And do this:
Judging by that dogs 'spiked' collar and docked tail, I'd say it's probably been trained to be aggressive and is being taunted by someone off camera. The only reasons a pit bulls tail would be docked is either it hits it's tail on objects and it hurts the dog, or the owner thinks it's a liability in a fight. I also see that he is an intact male dog... male dogs of any breed are notorious for being short tempered and aggressive, especially when around ******* in heat.

ALL DOGS CAN BE AGGRESSIVE AND ALL DOGS CAN HURT OR KILL SOMEONE.

Why can't people get his through their heads?

Old 09-25-2009, 06:01 PM

yeledaf - mm hm. and that makes them different from other breeds of dog because....?

Old 09-26-2009, 02:03 AM

459 posts, read 805,843 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Yeledaf View Post

And do this:

Thats not even a pit bull!! It's a boxer!! Look at the body structure!!! Nice try though genius. Do some more research before you post crap like that!!!!!!!!!!!

Old 09-26-2009, 03:23 AM

38,650 posts, read 26,440,334 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JetJockey View Post
Judging by that dogs 'spiked' collar and docked tail, I'd say it's probably been trained to be aggressive and is being taunted by someone off camera. The only reasons a pit bulls tail would be docked is either it hits it's tail on objects and it hurts the dog, or the owner thinks it's a liability in a fight. I also see that he is an intact male dog... male dogs of any breed are notorious for being short tempered and aggressive, especially when around ******* in heat.

ALL DOGS CAN BE AGGRESSIVE AND ALL DOGS CAN HURT OR KILL SOMEONE.

Why can't people get his through their heads?

But not all dogs do the damage that these dog do. There is no rational reason for an intellegent, well adjusted adult to want one in the first place. We just had a couple stories in the news here in MI about pit bulls killing other animals (a deer and a cat). I thank God it wasn't humans again.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies