Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-26-2009, 04:48 AM

10,793 posts, read 13,550,376 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Harley_man View Post
Thats not even a pit bull!! It's a boxer!! Look at the body structure!!! Nice try though genius. Do some more research before you post crap like that!!!!!!!!!!!
Is this a Pitbull?

http://www.pitbull-secrets.com/wp-content/themes/CHURCH/church_30/images/pp3.jpg (broken link) Just askin'

Old 09-26-2009, 06:24 AM

7,380 posts, read 15,679,606 times
is this a pit bull? cause pit bulls are the only dogs that ever get mean looks on their faces and look scary, right?

and if you're not sure what's a pit bull and what's not, why don't you take this simple pit bull spotting test:

Pet Pitbull - Find the Pit Bull

Old 09-26-2009, 10:46 AM

459 posts, read 805,025 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by citizenkane2 View Post
Is this a Pitbull?

Just askin'

Most of the time when a pit bull has his ears cropped it's a dead give away of a bad owner. These idiots are insecure and try to act tough through their dogs, and they think cropping their ears makes them look tougher. It's also disrepectful in the dog world to always be in a dominate posture all the time, and thats what cropped ears and a docked tail do. But these idiots actually enjoy a confrontation with other dogs. So yes this is a picture of a pit bull, but not all pit bulls act dominate and aggressive like this one.

Old 09-26-2009, 10:55 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by momonkey View Post
But not all dogs do the damage that these dog do. There is no rational reason for an intellegent, well adjusted adult to want one in the first place. We just had a couple stories in the news here in MI about pit bulls killing other animals (a deer and a cat). I thank God it wasn't humans again.

What about my pit bull? He is a therapy dog at the childrens hospital here in Honolulu. I think bringing joy to children in the burn unit once a week with my PIT BULL is a pretty rational reason to own that breed of dog. Many doctors have told me they prefer a WELL TRAINED pit bull because they are extremely tolerant with little kids. So judge all you want but I would love to know what your dog does to better the community, because mine actually makes a differance.

Old 09-26-2009, 01:54 PM

7,380 posts, read 15,679,606 times
i kind of doubt momonkey has a dog. i don't think he'd be so callous towards people's relationships with their beloved pets if he had one of his own.

Old 09-26-2009, 06:37 PM

2,631 posts, read 5,457,799 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by montanamom View Post
Here in North Carolina, a pit bull recently chewed the toes off a baby. Class act these people who choose these things for the family "Pet".
class act these people that can't seem to go back even one or two posts back in order to educate themselves about the thread that they are posting on. you just too intimidated to even go through the last three pages or so?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boompa View Post
People keep Pit Bulls as Weapons
which people are you referring to? all pit bull owners? some? gimme a number here so that i can understand what level of fallacious generalization you are making.

Quote:
and they should be regulated as such. The owner of a Pit Bull that attacks should be arrested and charged the same as if he discharged a weapon negligently.
Pit Bull Owners should be required to carry liability insurance on those animals
something along these lines should happen, though i don't think insurance is the answer, and i know for a fact that it should apply to the owners of all animals, not just one breed of one animal.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bentlebee View Post
No pittbulls ever...sorry, I don't believe they are to be trusted...
some of you guys think the same way about a religious organization, a political party, a nationality, or a skin color too. should we euthanize them all as well based off of your obviously superior intuition?

Quote:
Dutch Agriculture Minister scraps pit bull ban < Dutch news | Expatica The Netherlands

too bad they scrapped it...
hmmm, let's take a look at the article you posted to see if we can figure out what kind of mental disconnect you are suffering from:

Quote:
Originally Posted by your own link
The minister has decided to scrap the ban because it has not led to a reduction in the number of biting incidents.

Verburg wants to introduce a new measure in which dogs are judged by their behaviour rather than breed. She also wants to increase the information provided to dog owners.
so, it is too bad that these officials have decided to stop wasting their taxpayers' money on programs that have "not led to a reduction in the number of biting incidents," and it is too bad that they instead want to use research, science, and innovation in order to protect their people?

yeah, too bad. i just wish more people would think like you; then we'd still be living in those good old days of yore, the ones where civilized people ate with their right hand, wiped their asses with their left, and thought that baths were inspired from satan himself.

shouldn't you be throwing your computer out of the window right about now, along with anything else that represents critical thought, the scientific method, or other forms of progression?

Quote:
IT'S ALWAYS THE THE HUMAN'S FAULT!
yeah, go right to the straw man when you don't have anything real to say. no one (no one intelligent anyway...) is arguing that it is always the owner's fault. however, since you continue to fail at reading any of the links or research provided to you on this thread, you will blissfully, ignorantly unaware that *most of the time,* it is the owner's fault.

same with car accidents. same with negligent discharges in weapon handling. same with the family python eating the two-year old. it is almost always the result of human stupidity.

but feel free to keep hacking away at that straw man; at least there you can feel big and tough and use lots of sarcastic-faced emoticons and stuff. i wouldn't want to ruin your 15 minutes of recess fun.

Quote:
Originally Posted by artsyguy View Post
Pit bulls and bull dogs are hideous and sickening looking.
wow. that was insightful.

Quote:
As if they came right out of a demented horror movie.
you haven't watched many horror movies, have you? honestly, i haven't either. but i still know the difference between a masked maniac carrying a chainsaw, and a 30-60 lb dog.

Quote:
How could people nurture and love those awful things?
ask your mother; she might be able to help change your perspective.

Quote:
Plus they go psycho at random times and bite people's fingers and faces off.
ah yes, the chainsaw-wielding spawn of hollywood again. funny how people seem to believe hollywood over science. honestly, i'm pretty sure that what it comes down to is the fact that they *want* to believe hollywood more than they do science. hollywood is so much more immediately satisfying to them. notice the numbers that pay attention to celebrity gossip... as compared to the numbers that stay tuned to the latest biological breakthroughs or the latest astronomical findings.

Old 09-26-2009, 06:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yeledaf View Post
Understand, then, that they sometimes look like this: [insert picture here]

And do this: [insert picture here]
so you admit that this is an issue of "scary-looking dog," and doesn't really have anything to do with facts, reason, or critical thinking?

your reaction is within the same vein as my daughter cringing when she sees an earwig or other "scary-looking [bug]"

Quote:
Originally Posted by momonkey View Post
But not all dogs do the damage that these dog do.
true. some of them do much less. some of them do much more. some of them that do much more also happen to bite more often. but you haven't quite jumped on that fact yet because there are still too many of your media buddies on the pit bull band wagon.

Quote:
There is no rational reason for an intellegent, well adjusted adult to want one in the first place.
the fact that you expect all of us to have the same subjective impulses that you do tells me that you wouldn't know rational if it bit you in the ass.

Quote:
We just had a couple stories in the news here in MI about pit bulls killing other animals (a deer and a cat). I thank God it wasn't humans again.
care to pull it up on your dogsbite.com blogsite? at least give us a phony link or something?

it is good that no one was hurt this time, similar to how it is good when the collie kills a rabbit or a cat instead of a child. but i know that this isn't what you are trying to get at in your meandering, narrow-minded route.

Quote:
Is this a Pitbull?

Just askin'
again, because you don't have anything to actually say, an argument that would actually hold water, or an insight that would actually make sense.

by the way, you're foaming at the mouth in the same reaction that yeledaf was earlier; this is called an emotional reaction based off of appearances. it is the same reason that people fear black-metal guns more than wood-stock guns. has nothing to do with logic or facts, just appearances.

Quote:
Most of the time when a pit bull has his ears cropped it's a dead give away of a bad owner. These idiots are insecure and try to act tough through their dogs, and they think cropping their ears makes them look tougher. It's also disrepectful in the dog world to always be in a dominate posture all the time, and thats what cropped ears and a docked tail do. But these idiots actually enjoy a confrontation with other dogs. So yes this is a picture of a pit bull, but not all pit bulls act dominate and aggressive like this one.
just wanted to make the case that many dog owners have dogs with cropped ears that they didn't have anything to do with. many of the dogs at the shelters come that way, and people take them as they are, scars and everything.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JD1974 View Post
bad owners are the problem . not the dog . i've owned pit bulls never had any problems. people need to learn about the dog b4 they buy. their not meant to be status symbols. they're your pet not weapons.
i don't remember who it was, but one of the bsl-supporters rolled his eyes at this. because apparently you are mistaken or something. apparently those of us that have had pit bulls and those of us that have known pit bulls that went their entire lives without an incident are confused, deluded, and in denial.

apparently all of these pit bulls that we knew were actually vicious monsters, and when we weren't looking, they were out murdering children and sacrificing the elderly to their canine gods.

therefore, eyes really should be rolled when one of us brings up the point that out of probably more than 10,000,000 pit bulls in the usa, only a handful of them have problems. in fact, when we compare numbers and find that human-human incidents of violence outweigh canine-human incidents of violence by hundreds of times, we should be shamed and thrown out of town for using such faulty reasoning...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mearth View Post
We're still at it, eh?

[lots of good stuff]

Respectfully,
Elaine
for those of you that might have missed her post the first time, mearth brings up a number of really good points here. i would encourage you to read it.

i would also encourage people to actually do some homework on the subject––i know, people don't want to think for themselves or do anything that might look like research or critical analysis, but i needed to say it. if you look at sources other than judge judy, jerry springer, and your local political buffoons, you'll learn quite a bit about animal psychology and the responsibility that humans have when they bring animals into coexistence in human society.

aaron out.

Old 09-26-2009, 07:46 PM

Thats why I said most owners and not all owners. Your right there are people who do rescue pit bulls with already cropped ears and docked tails and scars. But it is the person that has the pit bull with the huge spike collar, unneutered, and cropped ears that I keep my dogs away from.

Old 09-26-2009, 09:14 PM

Quote:
Thats why I said most owners and not all owners. Your right there are people who do rescue pit bulls with already cropped ears and docked tails and scars. But it is the person that has the pit bull with the huge spike collar, unneutered, and cropped ears that I keep my dogs away from.
i read you, and those are among the dog owners that i stay away from too. i also keep my dogs *and my kids* away from the dumb dog owners that assume that their lab or collie wouldn't hurt a fly; it is human ignorance like this that specifically makes this world a dangerous place for human-dog interaction.

Old 09-26-2009, 09:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by stycotl View Post
i read you, and those are among the dog owners that i stay away from too. i also keep my dogs *and my kids* away from the dumb dog owners that assume that their lab or collie wouldn't hurt a fly; it is human ignorance like this that specifically makes this world a dangerous place for human-dog interaction.

My dog(a blue nose pit bull) got attacked by a black lab at the track last month. The lab's owner let him off his leash and the Lab ran up to me and my dog and started biting my dog's legs and trying to get his neck. I know the dog wasn't playing because his hair and tail were up and he was showing his teeth. My dog looked really scared and finally after I kicked the dog in the ribs he left. From my experience most Lab owners are by far the most ignorant dog owners out there. They don't train or socialize their dogs because they think they are born magical angels who can never do any harm.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies