Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-04-2009, 12:14 AM

4,906 posts, read 6,849,707 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by stycotl View Post
unfortunately, history has shown that the witch hunt will just simmer down until we forget about it for a week or two, and then they will go after labs or cocker spaniels or something next week.
Yeah the cycle will continue and hopefully another group of breed lovers that has had their breed the target of this ignorance will join those that support the next breed ( as we have seen with owners of rottweilers on this thread)and then maybe someday the focus will turn to those actually responsible (the unscrupulous breeders and owners).

Old 07-04-2009, 08:06 AM

9,644 posts, read 9,850,172 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mearth View Post
That's just how my pit is

We were in PetSmart yesterday and happened upon a "puppy class." As soon as those dogs caught sight of us, they were barking their heads off. My dog just looked at them like, "Why all the drama?"
Hahah thats to cute

Old 07-04-2009, 09:03 AM

35,016 posts, read 39,168,101 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lamexican View Post
Yeah the cycle will continue and hopefully another group of breed lovers that has had their breed the target of this ignorance will join those that support the next breed ( as we have seen with owners of rottweilers on this thread)and then maybe someday the focus will turn to those actually responsible (the unscrupulous breeders and owners).

"Cruel Pit Bull Owners and 'Trainers' Have No Place In A Civilized Society!"

(They Do Have a Place in Hell, Though)

Old 07-04-2009, 09:06 AM

225 posts, read 575,069 times
This is a strange location for this sort of thread but I didn't read all 73 pages.

I know some amazing pit bulls and just this morning my dog was in the dog park with an intact male pit. He was seriously one of the best behaved dogs there - beautiful, completely calm dog, almost as if he decided to be the ambassador for his breed. Meanwhile, there were two labs that were so over the top that a few people left, as the rough play was really really rough. This pit though, he just wanted to greet the other dogs and chase his ball.

I'm sad for the breed.

Old 07-04-2009, 09:39 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by livesintriangle View Post
This is a strange location for this sort of thread but I didn't read all 73 pages.

I know some amazing pit bulls and just this morning my dog was in the dog park with an intact male pit. He was seriously one of the best behaved dogs there - beautiful, completely calm dog, almost as if he decided to be the ambassador for his breed. Meanwhile, there were two labs that were so over the top that a few people left, as the rough play was really really rough. This pit though, he just wanted to greet the other dogs and chase his ball.

I'm sad for the breed.
He sounds like Cesar Milan's "Daddy"

Old 07-04-2009, 01:40 PM

1,629 posts, read 3,478,289 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by delusianne View Post
He sounds like Cesar Milan's "Daddy"
Yeah, love that boy

Old 07-04-2009, 03:08 PM

1,629 posts, read 3,478,289 times
FYI: My brother's ferret has bitten my pit bull.

Maybe we should do away with those vicious ferrets

Old 07-04-2009, 03:13 PM

38,645 posts, read 26,393,631 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mearth View Post
FYI: My brother's ferret has bitten my pit bull.

Maybe we should do away with those vicious ferrets

Did the pit bull die?

Old 07-04-2009, 03:20 PM

38,645 posts, read 26,393,631 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by livesintriangle View Post

I'm sad for the breed.
Dr. Doolittle, is that you? How do you know what goes on in the mind of a dog? The dogs in my neighborhood howl at ambulances because they are stupid enough to believe other dogs are howling at them and running down the street at 50 mph. Humans do not know the thoughts of dogs.

Old 07-04-2009, 03:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by momonkey View Post
Dr. Doolittle, is that you? How do you know what goes on in the mind of a dog? The dogs in my neighborhood howl at ambulances because they are stupid enough to believe other dogs are howling at them and running down the street at 50 mph. Humans do not know the thoughts of dogs.
momonkey, I bet you would change your way of thinkin' if you came to know this way with dogs -- Cesar Millan - About Cesar - Cesar's Approach
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies