Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-09-2009, 01:34 AM

4,906 posts, read 6,850,953 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by muleskinner View Post
Come look at my closest neighbor's pits and you can then say you have seen an aggressive one(or 15) then.

I have dropped more than one of them in my back field with no warning shot and will continue to do so every time I see one on my side of the fence(I have told him to do the same with my Heelers should they cross his line..they don't because they are taken care of properly).....I have no use for them whatsoever and even less tolerance(we have had several attacks in our area) .

As a guy who has NOT seen thousands of dogs a year,I must be in the only area that has meth heads with bad ass pits for protection....Kill 'em all as far as I'm concerned.JMO
I'm a pit owner and can't believe that you really feel that way. I invite you to get to know a pit (mine). I think your mind will change as my wife felt the same way you do. I'm no meth head and my pit isn't for status or protection. I own her becasue she was deemed aggresive and would have been put down had I not rescued her. She has changed all the minds of those that gave her a chance. So bring your heelers mule and I will guarantee that my it is as noble as your heelers and just as deserving of life.

Old 06-09-2009, 09:21 AM

11,078 posts, read 15,089,373 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lamexican View Post
I'm a pit owner and can't believe that you really feel that way. I invite you to get to know a pit (mine). I think your mind will change as my wife felt the same way you do. I'm no meth head and my pit isn't for status or protection. I own her becasue she was deemed aggresive and would have been put down had I not rescued her. She has changed all the minds of those that gave her a chance. So bring your heelers mule and I will guarantee that my it is as noble as your heelers and just as deserving of life.
Unfortunately all I have ever saw is the "bad ones" or the inbred ones....we have a lot of rednecks around here on "hillbilly crack" who keep these dogs to give them warning of the cops arriving(and to slow them down) and to intimidate others....it may be stereo typing on my part,but if that's all I see then you can see where my attitude comes from.

The nearest town to me has around 600 people in it and they have had THREE kids bit(one disfigured badly.Face bite) in the past few years that I KNOW about...it never makes the papers or news,you just hear about it from friends,cops or relatives and later you see the kid who was hurt...If I know about that many for sure,how many really occurred?There is currently a big push for banning them in many towns around here and a few requiring some type of insurance on them too.

It is legal to protect your property or life from an animal in this county(the ONLY good law they have here) and I know that several a year get dusted and I will continue to do the same....I have a daughter that is outside all summer,livestock and dogs of my own to worry about and care for,so if the owners can not or will not take care of them then I sure will.To make matters worse for me(as far as pits are concerned)...I'm a few miles out of town and in an area notorius for people dumping their dogs...if the cops get onto one of the idiots in town about their pits,guess what they do...dump them out at the end of my road....half mile later and they are at my place.

I'm sure there are good ones out there,but how can I tell the difference LM if they are near my animals or kid and no owner within a half mile that I can see?See where I'm coming from?

Old 06-09-2009, 10:18 AM

19,112 posts, read 30,643,400 times
Quote:
Unfortunately all I have ever saw is the "bad ones" or the inbred ones....we have a lot of rednecks around here on "hillbilly crack" who keep these dogs to give them warning of the cops arriving(and to slow them down) and to intimidate others....it may be stereo typing on my part,but if that's all I see then you can see where my attitude comes from.

The nearest town to me has around 600 people in it and they have had THREE kids bit(one disfigured badly.Face bite) in the past few years that I KNOW about...it never makes the papers or news,you just hear about it from friends,cops or relatives and later you see the kid who was hurt...If I know about that many for sure,how many really occurred?There is currently a big push for banning them in many towns around here and a few requiring some type of insurance on them too.

It is legal to protect your property or life from an animal in this county(the ONLY good law they have here) and I know that several a year get dusted and I will continue to do the same....I have a daughter that is outside all summer,livestock and dogs of my own to worry about and care for,so if the owners can not or will not take care of them then I sure will.To make matters worse for me(as far as pits are concerned)...I'm a few miles out of town and in an area notorius for people dumping their dogs...if the cops get onto one of the idiots in town about their pits,guess what they do...dump them out at the end of my road....half mile later and they are at my place.

I'm sure there are good ones out there,but how can I tell the difference LM if they are near my animals or kid and no owner within a half mile that I can see?See where I'm coming from?

I know I've said this before in this thread... but could you IDENTIFY a pit bull??? Most people can't. I'll repost the 'find a pit bull' site if you want. In my area we've had 3 instances in the past year that a child has been bitten by a 'pit bull' and later it turned out to be a shar pei and two labs.

I understand the stereotypes regarding pit bulls as I have one myself (and did you know that they aren't supposed to be over 65 lbs per breed standard? Mine is 40lbs and the size of a large rat terrier) but don't you think 'locking and loading' and killing these dogs is a good idea?

I know you want to protect your family and I understand that your neighbors aren't exactly 'good' people from what you describe but to shoot a dog based only on appearance is ignorant. I've been attacked by two Arabian horses. They were mean little buggers but do I immediately want to destroy all horses that have a dished face? No.

You're punishing the dog for it's owners stupidity, and I find that wrong.

Old 06-09-2009, 10:23 AM

117 posts, read 139,431 times
Pit Bulls have no place in an UNcivilized society.

Civilized socities have a long history of dog-breeds and dog-breeding. Look at Europe. They've given us almost all the great and useful dog breeds to date.

The problem is when you give a "dog" to an uncivilized Third Worlder, they have do idea how to maintain it, breed it, train it, etc. Don't blame the dog, blame the fools that don't know how to train and breed dogs.

The problem is comparing a gangbanger to a cultivated European. There is a world of difference in the breeds, ha ha!!

Old 06-09-2009, 10:24 AM

11,579 posts, read 13,957,242 times
Pit Bulls are only a problem when paired with a horrible owner.

Old 06-09-2009, 10:41 AM

5,696 posts, read 6,211,361 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by momonkey View Post
I've had it with these glassy eyed lunatic Pit Bull owners who simply refuse to understand that their dogs are a danger to all children at all times. Their is no safe Pit Bull ever. How many more times will we need to hear of a baby, small child or senior citizen being ripped to shreads by these ignorant animals before we realize that they cannot be made safe? I propose we ban this most vicious of dog breeds nationwide.

Pit bull kills 7-year-old Minneapolis boy at home

Pit Bull Kills Child in Huntington - WBOY-TV - WBOY.com (http://wboy.com/story.cfm?func=viewstory&storyid=2866 - broken link)

Pitbull KILLS 12month old in EastPointe MI - February 2009 Birth Club - BabyCenter

Pit bull kills child and injures grandmother | Independent, The (London) | Find Articles at BNET

12-Year-Old Boy Killed By Pit Bull - CBS News

http://www.dogbitelaw.com/Dog%20Attacks%201982%20to%202006%20Clifton.pdf (broken link)

I do dog sitting and I know several pit bulls
it is the people not the dog
some people do not need to have a dog at all
they do not know how to handle them
the dog on the "Our Gang" was a pit bull he played great with the kids
and one of the most famous ones around
they have also played a part in the service
they are very loyal and want to please which is why ass*oles like that scumbag Micheal Vick used them
several of the dogs Vick beat and used for fighting are here in Atlanta
with happy homes
not all dogs do well with kids, that does not mean kill all the dogs
good grief
why don't you go visit a dog shelter and find out about these and other dogs

Old 06-09-2009, 02:22 PM

4,906 posts, read 6,850,953 times
Quote:

Let me start by saying thaty I'm glad to see you back and you're well my friend. I understand what you're saying, but I don't think you are being rational. See those people you speak of don't even really have pitbulls. They usually have some mix between a pitbull and a large guardian breed. They do this i order to increase the size of the dogs (pits aren't every big) and to add agreesion as pits are the most submissive breeds towards humans, including childred. You realize thet Staffie Bulls nickname in England is the nanny dog because the almosrt instinctually guards children. You realize that pits and staffs score among the highest passing percentage in tempermant tests that includes aggression. So by mixing in the blood of a guardian breed ( examples of breeds ofte used are American Bulldogs, Bullmastiffs, Cane Corso etc..) they increase aggression in dogs. Guardian breed are naturally weary of strangers and see them as a threat. Working breeds like the pitbull breeds see humans as masters and try to please humans at all cost. I recomended a book earlier in this thread called The Pitbull Placebo. This book looks at how the breeds have been historically looked at. Do you realize that the Labrador Retriever had a reputation for being a maneater? I'm not talking about the dark ages, I mean just around 100 years ago.

I think that you should be weary and cautios of any strange dog regardless of the breed. That is common sense if you ask me. I think that as a doglover you have a good grasp on dogs body language and can quickly tell if the dog shows signs of overly fearful or aggressive. I don't see why it matters what breed the dog is.

Lastly Muleskinner, what do you think would happen if pitbulls were banned? Do you think those lowlifes would abandon having bigtough mean dogs. I don't I think they would move on to another intimidating breed and that next breed won't have the hundreds of years of stability bred into it that the pitbull breeds do.

Old 06-09-2009, 06:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JetJockey View Post
I know I've said this before in this thread... but could you IDENTIFY a pit bull??? Most people can't. I'll repost the 'find a pit bull' site if you want. In my area we've had 3 instances in the past year that a child has been bitten by a 'pit bull' and later it turned out to be a shar pei and two labs.

I understand the stereotypes regarding pit bulls as I have one myself (and did you know that they aren't supposed to be over 65 lbs per breed standard? Mine is 40lbs and the size of a large rat terrier) but don't you think 'locking and loading' and killing these dogs is a good idea?

I know you want to protect your family and I understand that your neighbors aren't exactly 'good' people from what you describe but to shoot a dog based only on appearance is ignorant. I've been attacked by two Arabian horses. They were mean little buggers but do I immediately want to destroy all horses that have a dished face? No.

You're punishing the dog for it's owners stupidity, and I find that wrong.
First off...I have seen the "can you ID the Pit" thing on many forums...as for my neighbors?Yep...they have papers out the rearend.If you want to know the background on their breeding feel free to PM me and I'll give it to you.I have my reasons for not posting it in open forum.I didn't just fall off the turnip truck though and start raising animals yesterday,I know a Pit from a Lab from a chicken as well as anyone.

Secondly....I'm not punishing the dog...you glossed over the fact that I have stock,a child and dogs of my own THAT I TAKE CARE OF...which means that I PROTECT them.These dogs(neighbor's pits,not the strays)have ran my old dog under the porch more than once(she is 14 yo now and in no mood for an ass whipping of any kind).They wouldn't be able to do that with my work dogs,but unfortunately I now have to keep them penned up for fear of losing them.This idiot has over 15 breeding females and two VERY stocky males.My dogs one on one can hold their own,but it wouldn't work out that way in this situation and once again I would be on the losing end of things.

This methanite would not be able to pay for my stock nor could he afford the price I have invested in just one of my work dogs...I can't legally shoot him(although I have told him face to face that if one of his dogs even so much as scratches my kid that I'll kill him where I find him and gladly do the time for it,but I don't know if it registered in his crispy brain) so the only legal remedy I have is to shoot the dogs when they enter my property and I feel they are a danger to me, my family or my property.Animal control is worthless here...it takes a hundred calls to get them out here and then they are smart asses about it(most are inbred politicians kids anyway)..."Why didn't you just shoot it"? is their question to me.

I don't even like killing deer anymore(or any animal for that matter...I cover fish eyes now before I clean them,I'm getting old and soft.),but I'm left with no choice in this matter unless you want to give me your word that you'll pay for any damages to livestock,dogs or kids that these Pits may cause. If you'll do that then I'll take the old 7mm mag. down and unload it in full confidence that you are my insurance policy,but until then when they cross the property line the LORD is going to call them home.

As for killing the Arabian horses?Might as well,they "ain't no count" either...............JUST KIDDING.........well the part about killing them at least.

Old 06-09-2009, 06:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lamexican View Post
Let me start by saying thaty I'm glad to see you back and you're well my friend. I understand what you're saying, but I don't think you are being rational. See those people you speak of don't even really have pitbulls. They usually have some mix between a pitbull and a large guardian breed. They do this i order to increase the size of the dogs (pits aren't every big) and to add agreesion as pits are the most submissive breeds towards humans, including childred. You realize thet Staffie Bulls nickname in England is the nanny dog because the almosrt instinctually guards children. You realize that pits and staffs score among the highest passing percentage in tempermant tests that includes aggression. So by mixing in the blood of a guardian breed ( examples of breeds ofte used are American Bulldogs, Bullmastiffs, Cane Corso etc..) they increase aggression in dogs. Guardian breed are naturally weary of strangers and see them as a threat. Working breeds like the pitbull breeds see humans as masters and try to please humans at all cost. I recomended a book earlier in this thread called The Pitbull Placebo. This book looks at how the breeds have been historically looked at. Do you realize that the Labrador Retriever had a reputation for being a maneater? I'm not talking about the dark ages, I mean just around 100 years ago.

I think that you should be weary and cautios of any strange dog regardless of the breed. That is common sense if you ask me. I think that as a doglover you have a good grasp on dogs body language and can quickly tell if the dog shows signs of overly fearful or aggressive. I don't see why it matters what breed the dog is.

Lastly Muleskinner, what do you think would happen if pitbulls were banned? Do you think those lowlifes would abandon having bigtough mean dogs. I don't I think they would move on to another intimidating breed and that next breed won't have the hundreds of years of stability bred into it that the pitbull breeds do.
You are my friend and I wish we saw eye to eye on this,but as I said....I have to protect what is mine and until these hillbilly crackheads start getting busted more and their dogs taken away from them then I'm in between a rock and a hard spot.Danged if you do,danged if you don't.

As for an animals body language?Yep,I keep my eyes on every hair of an animal for a sign..remember,I've had many,many mules and horses and they won't just bite you,they'll do nasty things to you and kick you so hard that your MOM's nose will start bleeding two states away.

Thanks for the welcome back old buddy

Old 06-09-2009, 06:38 PM

13,221 posts, read 12,330,207 times
Come on who really would admit to being "punked" by a poodle?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies