Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-26-2009, 12:49 AM

459 posts, read 805,629 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anonymous Political Junky View Post
He probably wouldn't know a Pit Bull from Rottie. He just likes to spew his hate and really has no reason for it except that, "it's the in thing to do" right now. The next fad of hate will take him off into another and different hate filled post of some kind.

HAHAHA your totally right! If it was the 70's he would be going after all the doberman owners. IF it was the 80's he would be going after all the german shepard owners. IF it was the 90's he would be going after all the rottweiler owners. As soon as the I hate pit bulls fad is over they will go on to the next breed, and I feel for those owners that have to deal with the next wave of people trying to have their innocent dogs destroyed!!!

Old 06-26-2009, 01:32 AM

2,807 posts, read 7,594,496 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Harley_man View Post
HAHAHA your totally right! If it was the 70's he would be going after all the doberman owners. IF it was the 80's he would be going after all the german shepard owners. IF it was the 90's he would be going after all the rottweiler owners. As soon as the I hate pit bulls fad is over they will go on to the next breed, and I feel for those owners that have to deal with the next wave of people trying to have their innocent dogs destroyed!!!
Me too...and I wonder which breed they'll target next. People need to realize that to some of us, our dogs are like our children, we love them that much, and when we spend so much time and energy training, socializing, and rescuing, attitudes that say "That breed should just be done away with" are a huge slap in the face. Dogs are only as good as the humans who care for them...and btw, (for those of you who are completely dog-clueless), a chihuahua is just as likely (if not more so) to snap at a child, adult, or another dog out of nowhere than any of the large breeds that have been targeted through the years...!

Old 06-26-2009, 01:45 AM

1,374 posts, read 1,307,924 times
Pits are far different from 99% of dogs...
Most Pits are very nice and even tempered, but
sometimes they snap for no reason even if the
Pit has been nice for years. They have been trained
to fight for many years now and always will be in their blood.

Old 06-26-2009, 06:03 AM

2,305 posts, read 3,032,466 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brandon26pdx View Post
That depends...Do you own a Michael Vick jersey and light up a "dooby" when you're stressed out?

No, actually you sould like the other type of pitbull owner who gets off playing with fire...I happen to personally know a fool like this(and his even more foolish wife). The whole "look how cool and edgy I am for owning a dog that's known to be dangerous. I could have chosen a breed with a nicer reputation that people wouldn't be afraid to approach but that wouldn't have been cool or rebeleous!" These people are trying to get pregnant too. Hope that dog plays nice with kids...

I also hope your ego stroking fashion accessory dog doesn't end up ruining your charmed little life, that's all I'm saying. If it does, I'll be expecting you right back in here asap for a prompt apology.
I visit the Oregon and Washington area alot and it is very beautiful, but I meet some of the strangest people there.

Old 06-26-2009, 09:57 AM

19,112 posts, read 30,658,998 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wellness View Post
Pits are far different from 99% of dogs...
Most Pits are very nice and even tempered, but
sometimes they snap for no reason even if the
Pit has been nice for years. They have been trained
to fight for many years now and always will be in their blood.

Quite wrong, actually. ALL dogs can snap for no reason, not just pit bulls. And SOME pit bulls have been trained to fight, not all. I'd say the majority of pit bulls out there have zero 'fighting blood' in them. It's a very small minority that does.

Old 06-26-2009, 11:27 AM

2,631 posts, read 5,461,402 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JetJockey View Post
Quite wrong, actually. ALL dogs can snap for no reason, not just pit bulls. And SOME pit bulls have been trained to fight, not all. I'd say the majority of pit bulls out there have zero 'fighting blood' in them. It's a very small minority that does.
yep. hardly any dogs, pit or otherwise, have *any* fighting experience or training.

Old 06-30-2009, 04:08 AM

11,078 posts, read 15,098,877 times
Unfortunately I sat here posting and listened to this whole thing play out on my police scanner as it was actually happening.I know they are mixes,but it is still awful.A 3 year old died as a result.

WSIL TV • 3 Year Old Dead After Dog Attack (http://www.wsiltv.com/p/news_details.php?newsID=7744&type=top - broken link)

Old 07-02-2009, 09:36 PM

2,631 posts, read 5,461,402 times
sad story. but then again, all fatal dog attack stories are sad.

Old 07-02-2009, 09:51 PM

221 posts, read 219,515 times
Maybe we should take all the owners of savage pitts to a big arena blindfold them and then let all their dogs in with them. They would think twice about making their dogs viscous.
If there is no place in civilized society for pitts then there is definately no place in civilized society for these dumb asss owners

Old 07-02-2009, 09:55 PM

7,359 posts, read 10,290,172 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tambintime View Post
Maybe we should take all the owners of savage pitts to a big arena blindfold them and then let all their dogs in with them. They would think twice about making their dogs viscous.
If there is no place in civilized society for pitts then there is definately no place in civilized society for these dumb asss owners
Exactly.

Just love it when people blame the dogs rather than the people who made them that way. But that's Americans for you: A bunch of nasty, self-absorbed, animal-hating bullies. Always willing to let themselves off the hook for irresponsible behavior. And not the brightest bunch, either: "I heard about. . .," "I saw on TV . . .," "I was there when it happened. . ." As though personal experience stands in for a general rule. The biggest bunch of willfully ignorant assh*ts on the planet. Doesn't matter what kind of statistics you present them with, what kind of professional assessment you present them with: They scared of the big bad dog cuz they know better than anybody else. No wonder this country is in the frigging toilet.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies