Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-28-2009, 05:34 PM

15,402 posts, read 28,954,632 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by nononsenseguy View Post
I wonder if you thougt this when so many Democrats left the Party for the Republican Party not too many years ago?
Which democratic politicians are you referring to? And what office did they hold? A mayor switching parties might matter to his town, but isn't really a big issue to most people. A senator is a big deal.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-28-2009, 06:20 PM

3,813 posts, read 4,916,538 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Moth View Post
I find it hard to fault Specter, although guys like him and Liebermann might want to try to reform their parties instead of abandoning them. Still, the GOP is a joke and a half. But now there is no practical check on this administration.

How hard is to emigrate to Australia or New Zealand?
Go to New Zealand, it's prettier.

Old 04-28-2009, 06:24 PM

7,359 posts, read 10,280,673 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ELOrocks17 View Post
Great--I am sure all you liberals are pleased that now 1 party has free reign to do whatever they want with no opposition from anyone. It looks like now Obama can be considered a Dictator since no one can do anything to stop him.
Were you calling Bush a "dictator" when he had control of the WH, and the Congress was majority Republican?

Old 04-28-2009, 06:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by floridasandy View Post
i am glad that he switched parties. the liberals are about to cause serious financial damage to our country with their insane spending agenda (with no real job creation) and they will have to own it entirely! when the repercussions come, and they will, there may be a chance that a fiscally responsible party will be able to get our country back on track.
You mean the same "fiscally responsible" party that just left office? The one that left an economic meltdown in its wake? Don't bet on it.

Old 04-28-2009, 06:52 PM

And Mitch McConnell thinks Specter just put the nation in danger. What a moron.

Was he as concerned with the Republicans controlled the WH and the Congress?

McConnell: Specter's Switch A "Threat To The Country" (VIDEO)

Old 04-28-2009, 07:16 PM

134 posts, read 318,036 times
Default Can you say Fillibuster Proof Majority? Specter Becomes A Democrat

I'm sure this will have the wingnuts frothing at the mouth!

Penn. Sen. Arlen Specter to Switch to Democratic Party

Old 04-28-2009, 07:18 PM

10,503 posts, read 15,569,354 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spoonman View Post
I'm sure this will have the wingnuts frothing at the mouth!

Penn. Sen. Arlen Specter to Switch to Democratic Party
I was actually astounded by this when I heard it, let's just hope he keeps the party's ideals in mind.

Old 04-28-2009, 07:19 PM

134 posts, read 318,036 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MovingForward View Post
And Mitch McConnell thinks Specter just put the nation in danger. What a moron.

Was he as concerned with the Republicans controlled the WH and the Congress?

McConnell: Specter's Switch A "Threat To The Country" (VIDEO)
LOL. You had to know this would have the wingnuts frothing at the mouth in no time!

Old 04-28-2009, 07:56 PM

4,410 posts, read 6,139,890 times
While I was initially happy of this news because, God knows, we need fewer Republicans, I have to actually say that Specter should resign instead. The people voted for a Republican, they should get a Republican. If I were a PA voter, I'd be pissed off. You get elected on a particular party platform and then abandon it, yet still get to keep your job? I don't think so!

I think the fact that he can just switch parties is conclusive evidence that this two party system is just a ruse. They are the same party. All they do is play against each other and pontificate to the camera to convey the idea that they're working.

By the way, why is that Congress had an approval rating last Fall of 23% but 96% of the incumbents were reelected? Are Americans stupid or what?

Old 04-28-2009, 09:01 PM

1,319 posts, read 1,617,746 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MovingForward View Post
You mean the same "fiscally responsible" party that just left office? The one that left an economic meltdown in its wake? Don't bet on it.
I agree!!! Anyone who believes in the 'fiscal responsibility' of the Republican party has an unlimited capacity for self-deception!!!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies