Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-14-2009, 01:01 PM

10,503 posts, read 15,567,747 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by afoigrokerkok View Post
I hope I'm not one of the righties you speak of.

If I am, I apologize for anything I said that may be offensive.
No, you're not included. The insults started on the very first page.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-14-2009, 01:01 PM

3,153 posts, read 3,594,614 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AnUnidentifiedMale View Post
LOS ANGELES, May 13 (UPI) -- Wanda Sykes's publicist said the U.S. actress and comedian's wife Alex has given birth to twins -- a son and a daughter.

Wanda and Alex Sykes married last October in California before Proposition 8 was passed, overturning a state Supreme Court ruling legalizing same-sex marriage.

Wanda Sykes's wife gives birth to twins - UPI.com

----------------------------------

Considering the passage of Prop. 8 in California, what do you think of the fact that Sykes's partner is referred to as her "wife"?
Here are the names...Richard Cheney Sykes..and Sarah Palin Sykes (she really is a conservative under all that..well..er...skin)

Old 05-14-2009, 01:09 PM

519 posts, read 688,840 times
It appears we have reached critical mass in America. So many kids have been raised not knowing what a traditional family-life is like that now, as adults, they jump on the bandwagon of taunting humanity, giving high fives to gay folks who do an end-around on the laws of pro-creation, and they do so without knowing any better. The decline of the world accelerates more and more everyday.

Old 05-14-2009, 01:11 PM

10,503 posts, read 15,567,747 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Johnny B. Fury View Post
It appears we have reached critical mass in America. So many kids have been raised not knowing what a traditional family-life is like that now, as adults, they jump on the bandwagon of taunting humanity, giving high fives to gay folks who do an end-around the laws of pro-creation, and they do so without knowing any better. The decline of the world accelerates more and more everyday.
Yes, because we obviously don't have more than enough people popping out kids w/their husbands.

Old 05-14-2009, 01:14 PM

1,788 posts, read 4,755,918 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CharlottePirateFan View Post
Oh I know. I just think the child should be able to find out eventually.
Why? The sperm bank would have the health records, so that wouldn't be an issue. And by default, a man who donates to a sperm bank is trying to maintain anonymity and doesn't want to be a father, just a donor. You can't go against his wishes and privacy merely because the kid wants to know his name.

Old 05-14-2009, 01:17 PM

19,112 posts, read 30,632,033 times
Quote:
It appears we have reached critical mass in America. So many kids have been raised not knowing what a traditional family-life is like that now, as adults, they jump on the bandwagon of taunting humanity, giving high fives to gay folks who do an end-around on the laws of pro-creation, and they do so without knowing any better. The decline of the world accelerates more and more everyday.

A good friend of mine is gay, and he grew up in a VERY traditional family. I grew up in a traditional family as well, and I don't plan on ever getting married, or having children.

You do realize that some people may not view 'traditional' as good, right?

Old 05-14-2009, 01:21 PM

3,564 posts, read 5,516,210 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ZugZub View Post
Why? The sperm bank would have the health records, so that wouldn't be an issue. And by default, a man who donates to a sperm bank is trying to maintain anonymity and doesn't want to be a father, just a donor. You can't go against his wishes and privacy merely because the kid wants to know his name.

I'm sorry it seems so wierd to you to think that a child should know who his/her parents are.

Its just my opinion.

Old 05-14-2009, 01:40 PM

3,849 posts, read 3,753,125 times
Quote:

I grew up in what's called a 'traditional family'. For most of my growing up years, Dad worked and Mom stayed home with the six of us kids. Same with my three boys - their Dad worked and I stayed home at least until they were in school all day. But guess what, I and my boys don't believe how anyone else lives their life is any of our concern. 99.99% of the time what Jack and Jill, or Jack and Joe, or Jill and Jane choose to do in their own lives affects our life not at all.

Old 05-14-2009, 01:42 PM

14,975 posts, read 16,464,090 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MsMcQ LV View Post
I grew up in what's called a 'traditional family'. For most of my growing up years, Dad worked and Mom stayed home with the six of us kids. Same with my three boys - their Dad worked and I stayed home at least until they were in school all day. But guess what, I and my boys don't believe how anyone else lives their life is any of our concern. 99.99% of the time what Jack and Jill, or Jack and Joe, or Jill and Jane choose to do in their own lives affects our life not at all.
I don't particularly care whether Jack and Joe or Jill and Jane are married. They should be able to be. When kids are involved, it becomes very different.

Old 05-14-2009, 01:43 PM

8,185 posts, read 12,640,468 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JTraik View Post
You can spare me the digression of this argument into a race matter, I have an adopted Colombian sister. Differences in culture (different races) have nothing to do with natural, human parenting which, inherently, is far more abundant than parenting done by homosexual couples.

It seems that the only time homosexual arguments make sense is if you can completely ignore the majority of natural human behavior.
And what is more cultural then female and male roles? What is more cultural then dad works and mom stays home and bakes cookies? Certainly in my sons culture both parents work and grandma stays home and raises her grandkids.

My point is completely relevent as there are people out there who vigorously oppose interracial adoption for the same reasons you oppose homosexual couples adopting. The natural order of things, being unable to really provide a balanced upbringing, etc.....

Oh, and homosexuals are in fact 'natural humans' in case you didn't know. I mean, what else would they be and how else would they parent?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies